Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Arrival of Ruth
05-08-2009, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2009 02:35 PM by Nitrus.)
Ruth Arrival of Ruth
Ruth was a fantastic character from the very start... however here initial storyline was a bit out-of-character..

Sent there as a GCHQ mole... and then it was as if they decided to keep her on so that side of her was quickly brushed aside.

Still, she is one of my favorite characters!

Spoiler: show
Very happy she is making a return!

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2009, 12:52 PM
RE: Arrival of Ruth
Ruth is my favorite out of the females. Her character growth is more evident as the series goes on which is great.
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2009, 12:59 PM
(07-08-2009 12:52 PM)Bruno411 Wrote:  Ruth is my favorite out of the females. Her character growth is more evident as the series goes on which is great.

Couldn't agree more.. Ruth made the show a lot more intellectual than it is now...

07-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I think the thing I liked most about Ruth was she wasn't a field operative. She was an intellectual and very good at her job. She is a good balance for Harry.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
13-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I agree Bertowud, as an analyst myself I loved how interesting they made the character. She is definitley my favourite female character. The interplay between Ruth and Harry was very good as well - it gave us many humorous moments!

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
15-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Ruth is my favourite female too. I liked the actress before she appeared in Spooks. Anyone remember her in the ITV drama The Last Train?

It's funny I forgot the early plot that she was the GCHQ mole.
15-08-2009, 10:56 PM
I've never seen Nicola Walker in anything BUT Spooks.. and her early storylines in Spooks were a bit crap.

16-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Love how awkward and shy Ruth is...she has the heart of a lion and is so loyal...especially to Harry..Big Grin

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
18-08-2009, 11:51 AM
I think it took a full season for Ruth to really come into her own. Her introduction was weird and awkward. At some point after it was revealed that she was
Spoiler: show
a plant from GCHQ
she really became an integral part of the team.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
19-08-2009, 02:57 PM
I can just remember her fiddling with that blessed desk lamp that collapsed on her desk..it was such a funny moment. Clumsy and awkward, but that was part of the attraction to her I think.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."