Spooks Forum
[Spoilers] Which character had the best exit? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] Which character had the best exit? (/thread-324.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

[Spoilers] Which character had the best exit? - Twink the Wonderkid - 03-11-2009 12:48 AM

Hope you don't mind me starting a thread (being a newbie an'all).

I can't make up my mind about the best introduction, but what character do you all think had the best/most shocking exit?

Spoiler: show
I think it had to be Ben. I was so shocked when I saw what happened to him! (Never did like Connie, 'ya know!!)

RE: Which character had the best exit? - almh - 03-11-2009 06:53 AM

Oooh, best exit. That's tough. Spooks does exits superbly. I don't think that they've ever let us down on an exit, entry yes, exit no.

Series 7 Spoiler: show
I think Ben's was done well, but I suppose my favourite would have to be Danny's death. Maybe. I don't know, there are so many good ones!

RE: Which character had the best exit? - Lucasfan - 03-11-2009 09:40 AM

Best? not sure...

although Colin's was so poignant.......[Image: crying_tissuebox.gif]

RE: Which character had the best exit? - Silktie - 03-11-2009 11:34 AM

My vote goes to Helen and the Deep Fat Fryer Incident, as this really set the tone for the rest of the series, and was the first indication that Spooks wasn't afraid to kill off people.

RE: Which character had the best exit? - Tea Lady - 03-11-2009 11:41 AM

If I am going on emotions then Danny's and Ruth's exit really got me. I can watch those scenes time and time again as they are beautifully played out. Both Danny and Ruth did not deserve their endings whilst the likes of Tom, Zoe, and maybe even Adam deserved theirs.

RE: Which character had the best exit? - HellsBells - 03-11-2009 12:31 PM

I always thought Zoe's exit was a bit strange, as though I had missed an episode because that episode started in the middle and used flash backs. I felt it would have been better if the whole storyline could have been built up over a few episodes, if you know what I mean.

I think Ben's exit was shocking because it was unexpected.

RE: Which character had the best exit? - Beatriz - 03-11-2009 12:46 PM

I have to agree with Tea Lady, for me the most moving exits were Danny's and Ruth.
Besides I didn't expect Colin's at all! It was very shocking for me...

RE: Which character had the best exit? - Tea Lady - 03-11-2009 01:00 PM

This may be controversial but I really dont consider Ben a Spook, so I dont really think of him when I consider posting about Subjects on the forum. Yes he died in a horrible way but he didnt have much of a part or presence in the series in my opinion.....one to ponder

RE: Which character had the best exit? - pointdave - 03-11-2009 02:14 PM

Has to be Ben's departure. I was sat there watching it and saying No....No.....No.........you cant kill Ben off. Never did trust Connie.

RE: Which character had the best exit? - Nitrus - 03-11-2009 05:15 PM

Creating the thread in here is absolutely fine. However, because it is in the General Discussion area, ALL spoilers must be in spoiler tags.

!
I will edit all posts containing spoilers and warn veteran members who should know better.

What is more shocking is that there are members in here who have complained about others not using spoiler tags, yet do not do it themselves.

You can find our spoiler policy here: http://www.spooksforum.co.uk/announcement-1.html