Spooks Forum
Tell us something about you! - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Tell us something about you! (/thread-349.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Tell us something about you! - Akira - 07-12-2009 10:55 PM

http://www.ravencbbc.proboards.com - there ya go!!
have to admit I like proboards format over any other!

RE: Tell us something about you! - JHyde - 08-12-2009 07:34 AM

Raven's a great show.

I thought about video editing as a career plan, but even though there's a lot about it I'd like, I'm not whizkid enough to appreciate the toys you can play with as an editor.

RE: Tell us something about you! - almh - 08-12-2009 07:37 AM

Nitrus!!! Tongue You know what I meant. I don't have to get a train until 9 today instead of the usual 7:30, life is good Smile (School trip and we don't have to get up there until half ten Big Grin)

(07-12-2009 09:34 PM)Akira Wrote:  Ouch, sorry almh! I came across as pretty patronising there Sad Sad well actually it's good that you know want to do while you're still in school! I went to a really c**p school, left and kind of went 'ummm... what is the point in my life? dunno what to do...' one thing led to another and I ended up on a day at BBC Scotland - having never had anything to do with TV - and saw someone editing.
The seed of doubt was planted, and it grew into me taking BTEC Media!

I won't pretend it's all easy, it's not, getting into the industry is tough, but you'll get there if you keep trying Big Grin Big Grin It's what I keep telling myself!!

No you don't come across as patronising Smile That's one idea of what I want to do, but I know that tv is really competitive to get into, so at the moment I'm leaning towards doing a Physics degree and continuing to edit fan videos at home (hence the need to find movie-editing software that works...) and deciding after I've got a Physics degree if I want to do Physics related jobs or go into video editing as a career rather than as a hobby.

RE: Tell us something about you! - Bam86 - 10-12-2009 11:20 AM

I was nearly named after a uk tv show/soap thanks to my Nan! Thankfully my parents picked something different!

Hint my surname is Dale!!

RE: Tell us something about you! - bertowud - 10-12-2009 11:35 AM

That's bad. I'm named after my great grandfathers. My brother was named after my great grandmother. I made out better on that deal.

RE: Tell us something about you! - Akira - 10-12-2009 11:38 AM

almh, that's a good plan, but try and get yourself work experience at local radio or something - and TV is hard but it's not impossible!

Bam - that's so mean! Sad

RE: Tell us something about you! - Moonlight - 21-12-2009 10:16 AM

I love love love snow; and it just snowed a little here overnight; so I'm very happy atm!

RE: Tell us something about you! - Beatriz - 21-12-2009 10:30 AM

Lucky you!! Is everybody getting snow except JHyde and me? Angry
I love sleeping Big Grin what's more, I need a lot of sleep to be in a normal mental condition Tongue

RE: Tell us something about you! - JHyde - 21-12-2009 12:05 PM

Sleep and I have a complicated relationship. Let's just say I'm not gettin' any.

Moonlight, awesome signature. Is that quote from an interview?

RE: Tell us something about you! - Moonlight - 21-12-2009 12:15 PM

awww Beatriz; sending snowy thoughts your way..

JHyde, thankees, and its right at the end of his GMTV interview when he's talking about Harrys relationship with Ruth (he has a candle in his window.. wanted to strangle Fern Britton for interrupting him and talking too much...)