Spooks Forum
Tell us something about you! - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Tell us something about you! (/thread-349.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Tell us something about you! - YourFutureMuse - 13-02-2010 12:40 PM

I know you're not supposed to write comments consisting of just 'LOL' but bertowud's last post did actually make me lol Tongue

RE: Tell us something about you! - bertowud - 13-02-2010 01:46 PM

Yeah. Sorry if I offended anyone. It was meant as a joke.

Five hours at night (in a car) with two children will screw up your perspective onwhat is funny.

YFM, you're just encouraging me.

Note: I added the bit in the parenthesis above because I realized this post wasn't very clear.

RE: Tell us something about you! - JHyde - 13-02-2010 03:43 PM

It's OK, it *was* funny. But I'm accustomed to your wit. (Not your face. Thank God.)

(That was bastardised 'My Fair Lady' before anyone thinks I'm being a cow.)

Now. On topic: I recently realised I rip off Wilde terribly. So my sister has started fining me $5 every time I do, which goes into a kitty we are sending to Haiti. She gets charged $2 every time she is sarcastic. She had to pay less because if it was $5 for every time she'd be broke very quickly. She's also fudging on her end of the agreement.

It's a nice irony that she's being charged for sarcasm while I am ripping off Wilde. And by juxtaposing irony and sarcasm in the same sentence with Wilde the way I did, I'd better go put $5 in the jar.

RE: Tell us something about you! - bertowud - 13-02-2010 03:48 PM

You should put $7 in the jar for that one.

RE: Tell us something about you! - JHyde - 13-02-2010 03:55 PM

(I don't get charged for sarcasm. And I am accustomed to your wit. [I use the term very loosely.])

Hang on, I just realised what you meant. Wilde said that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Irony is the highest, apparently.

RE: Tell us something about you! - bertowud - 13-02-2010 03:58 PM

You need to throw another fiver in and get back on topic.

RE: Tell us something about you! - JHyde - 13-02-2010 04:03 PM

OK, back on topic. And I will warn bertowud and myself for our gross misconduct.

RE: Tell us something about you! - wildcatuk1969 - 16-02-2010 11:09 PM

my 'spmething' abt me.... i fractured my skull as a child and now i drive a taxi for a living..... though i am not sure if the two are related lol

and my private passion is rugby xxx

RE: Tell us something about you! - Beatriz - 18-02-2010 01:19 PM

so two of our members had broken their skull!!!

It's been a long time since I didn't write anything about me, something must be wrong with me Tongue
So here it is some more info about me Wink I don't like pink Big Grin I reckon it is related to the convention that girls wear pink and boys blue, I hate conventions!

RE: Tell us something about you! - LucasNorthFan - 24-02-2010 12:35 AM

Cool thread!

Not really interesting... I start a rant everytime I catch a misspelling (in spanish of course, there's no way I could be like that in english with the major mistakes I must make all the time) and sometimes with language -when a verb is not well conjugated or something. I don't even like misspellings as sms texting, if I chat or text I sometimes cut words without using misspellings Rolleyes .
Not saying my spelling is perfect but I do try my best to write correctly and I appreciate if someone points me a mistake I've made to remember not to do it again.

It started when I was around 14, now with 23, only my mom and brother (some directed at *him*) listen to all my rants, with time I've resigned to people not understanding the fuzz I make, not caring enough to change or not liking to being corrected, especially while speaking (which *I* don't understand, because I do want to be corrected if I'm saying something wrong -grammatically, semantically...in spanish, english or italian- in order to improve).

Sigh....well, that's my little 'quirk'.

LNF Smile