Spooks Forum
Episode 4 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 8 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Episode 4 Discussion (/thread-395.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - JHyde - 22-11-2009 04:28 PM

In past episode discussions, I know that a lot of people weren't crazy about "back seat Ros". But the way she spoke to Lucas about Sarah in this episode made it very clear who's in charge of Section D. At least Lucas had made *her* aware of Sarah, if not Harry. Ros definitely seemed in control of operations in this episode.

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - almh - 22-11-2009 04:32 PM

She definitely was - I think this series they've got for understated control with Ros. Ros in that episode was always in charge, always in control, whereas Harry seems to have let go a bit in the last couple of episodes.

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - LucasNorthFan - 22-11-2009 04:48 PM

(22-11-2009 02:51 PM)almh Wrote:  That's because we've killed off all the Lucas fans Wink lol. Actually, where are they?

Here, here! Rolleyes

On my part, being such a RA fan, it was great to watch his performance, IHMO it was great to watch so many feelings cross his face and also a little painful. The suicide scene was *very* harrowing. I was almost screaming 'No Lucas, don't, please', although I knew perfectly well he wouldn't 'cause he still alive 'now' Rolleyes When Oleg called him to tell him he got Sarah, the frustration and anger in Lucas face, and when Oleg said 'she's with me, you know what that feels like', the pain.... Sad

I think you could imagine Lucas being damaged by 8 years in prison plus torture but not to what extend, now we know. Going through this, seeing again his torturer and confront him has helped him a little,if he's suffered the Stockholm syndrome he's overcome it a little although he's still shaky. And Sarah that evil #@&%##!!! is/will take advantage of that.
About her, I'm interested about the turn of her character, so she's very involved with Nothingale (sp?) because as soon as her boss insinuated he was close to get some good information he got killed. I did NOT see that coming Exclamation
She's getting interesting but get-her-AWAY-from-Lucas. She's TROUBLE and he's letting her too close, this equals BIG problems... sigh.

Allright, it was so sweet the scene with Harry and Ruth and like how he encouraged her to prove her information and when she half smiled Big Grin

I'm sorry the CIA boss had to die, I liked him and although I can't really recognize the difference in accents (not being native english speaker, easy to tell I know :rolleyesSmile I felt it more steady than Sarah's, at least when Lucas confronted her in his apartment, I think I noticed an british accent...

(About the accents, now that I'm mentioning it, where is Ruth from? Everytime I hear her, her accent is what I, at least, imagine how the british accent sounds or when I hear someone trying to make a british accent I think they try to make it sound like that. Huh
Usually when watching Spooks I'm not reminded it's a british show unless I hear words like flat or lift or a few times I catch a particular intonation in the final sentence...so I wonder, sorry for the OT)

One thing that I notice and somewhat bothers me, when Ruth brings out that paper with the russian telephone number, she has just got the info, Harry takes it out of her hand reads it and says 'What IS that' and Tariq about 2 meters away looks at the paper at that distance and says is russian. I mean is a minimal detail, but I expected him to take the paper read it or at least go besides Harry and then say what it was, not say it without even give it a proper look.

Enough of babbling. See, this is what happens when you summon me almh Big Grin

LNF Smile

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - almh - 22-11-2009 04:54 PM

Thank you for coming when I summon you Wink I wasn't sure if you were dead, or merely in denial about Lucas being shown in pain.

I can't do accents either Wink So Sarah's accent changing doesn't bother me because it all sounds the same to me. :shrugs: And Ruth is from Cheltenham, I think, but not sure (it says that in the Personnel files - Kudos, the amount of advertising about those books I'm doing, I think I should get a job with you Wink) But she is British, anyway.

I think he saw the paper before hand, and had just figured it out... At least, that's what happened in my head. Wink

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - LucasNorthFan - 22-11-2009 04:57 PM

(22-11-2009 04:11 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  
(22-11-2009 04:06 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Really? It's not exactly something he could help.

Yeh I know... but I would have preferred for him dish out some cold-hearted revenge.

I always thought of Lucas as someone who would get through an ordeal like that and come through relatively unscathed...

I don't think anyone can get out unscathed after something like that, after the glimpses we've been given of what he's gone through. You get affected the difference is how each one deals with it. Lucas focused on getting back into the professional top MI5 agent he was before and buried the painful memories or at least tried to.

LNF Smile

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - silverbirch - 22-11-2009 06:23 PM

This had got to be my most fave ep yet, lots of OMG going on from me during the programme. But wow i didnt see that ending coming....Sarah she's a psychopath and Lucas is emotionally unstable....wot a combination i cant wait to see where this is heading. Have a feeling Lucas may have to end up bumping her off.

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - Beatriz - 22-11-2009 06:43 PM

Perhaps, you've already read it, but anyway, here is the link for Ian Wylie blog where writes his view of the episode.

The scene with Lucas and Christine 2.0 in bed, when Lucas is dreaming/being delirius, doesn't it remind you of American Beauty? The one with rose petals?

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - femaleBertieWooster - 22-11-2009 08:12 PM

If Christine 2 survives series 8, (god forbid) and is needed for series 9, she needs to watch a few seasons of This Old House http://www.pbs.org/thisoldhouse/videos/ to perfect the Boston accent.

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - lwhite53 - 22-11-2009 08:45 PM

(22-11-2009 04:28 PM)JHyde Wrote:  In past episode discussions, I know that a lot of people weren't crazy about "back seat Ros". But the way she spoke to Lucas about Sarah in this episode made it very clear who's in charge of Section D. At least Lucas had made *her* aware of Sarah, if not Harry. Ros definitely seemed in control of operations in this episode.

Did Lucas make Ros aware of Sarah? Or did she sus it out, like the ongoing Adam/Anna thing?
(22-11-2009 04:05 PM)almh Wrote:  I think Oleg was experiencing some version of Stockholm syndrome - he trusted Lucas too much, maybe even love, from his speech about saving him.

Or maybe he was just continuing playing the mind games with Lucas, attempting to, once again, get the upper hand.

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - almh - 22-11-2009 09:14 PM

I dunno, I don't think it was made clear in reference to the whole Ros Sarah Lucas thing.