Spooks Forum
Episode 4 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 8 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Episode 4 Discussion (/thread-395.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - lwhite53 - 23-11-2009 03:26 AM

The beginning shots are of Oleg in an illegal immigrant detention center -- they caught him coming into the Britain without passport or visa. That's where he escaped from.

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - boppers08 - 23-11-2009 04:32 AM

(23-11-2009 12:46 AM)JHyde Wrote:  I guess New Christine really is having some Old Adventures after all.

OMG...love your line! Made me laugh out loud!

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - almh - 23-11-2009 06:26 AM

(23-11-2009 12:46 AM)JHyde Wrote:  They pick such wimpy names don't they? Nightingale, Sugarhorse.....

... Thumper, Flopsy... Big Grin

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - bertowud - 23-11-2009 03:45 PM

I've read they do that intentionally. That way if the file turns up the name doesn't draw attention to make you want to open it.

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - Adam Carter - 23-11-2009 04:51 PM

(22-11-2009 08:15 AM)almh Wrote:  Tariq seems to be a more popular character then Ben - even though we similarly knew very little about Ben. Wasn't it because everyone hated Ben because he got on their nerves?

No, it was simply because Ben wasn't likable, and he was replacing a VERY likable character in Zaf.

I thought Ben improved dramatically in Series 7. Too bad it didn't last long.....

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - JHyde - 23-11-2009 05:12 PM

We are trending off topic a little now. There's a good thread raging over Ben in the Series 7 subforum.

It was nice that it was Malcolm's asset who helped them find the target, and yes, I loved the hark bark to him in Ruth "Clever Boy!". That was a great little scene, the one with Tariq - it's probably the closest we'll get to seeing Tariq's personality after his introductory scene with his bike. Or let me rephrase: bits like that which plot exposition are the closest we'll get to Tariq's personality, as it's really hard to get that personal stuff into such loaded scripts. And the two personal relationships they're focusing on this season are Sarah and Lucas and Harry and Ruth.

I'm watching it again, and I'll say it again: LOVE that the Russian music cue from Series 7 was brought back for this episode. If you don't know what I mean, it's used when Lucas is first walking over the marsh to meet Oleg.

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - femaleBertieWooster - 23-11-2009 06:50 PM

After a second viewing, I'm taking back just about all my speculation.

I'm almost on board with Oleg not being in cahoots with his boss, still can't account for why he would mouth Lucas' name for a security camera. Still not sure if he was in cahoots with Sarah, although now I tend to believe that he was warning Lucas about her, not setting Harry up or someone else (Ros?)

I now take the Lucas and Sarah relationship at face value, for both of them. Even though we know she's a bad guy, it would have been easy to fall into the relationship and easier to stay. She may be planning on turning him to her cause.

The voice at the end of the trailer saying "Goodbye Ros" sounded like Lucas. Was it?

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - LucasNorthFan - 23-11-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:The voice at the end of the trailer saying "Goodbye Ros" sounded like Lucas. Was it?

I read a comment suggesting that, so I went back to hear it. At least to me, it didn't sound like Lucas. I really couldn't recognize the voice so I think is not someone from S7 or S8. Huh

Just my impression...

LNF Smile

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - boppers08 - 23-11-2009 11:42 PM

(23-11-2009 10:08 PM)LucasNorthFan Wrote:  
Quote:The voice at the end of the trailer saying "Goodbye Ros" sounded like Lucas. Was it?

I read a comment suggesting that, so I went back to hear it. At least to me, it didn't sound like Lucas. I really couldn't recognize the voice so I think is not someone from S7 or S8. Huh

Just my impression...

LNF Smile

Based on the Episode 5 Summary, I'm going to guess
Spoiler: show
it's Ros' mentor, Jack Coleville, (ex-MI6).

RE: Episode 4 Discussion - bccmee - 24-11-2009 03:06 AM

Wow this episode was spectacular! I had to watch it a second time to figure it out and I usually don't need to do that.

The "kit off" scene was well-played but was that Lucas' bottom? It looks different than I imagined it in from seeing him in those jeans. Blush (Can I say that here?)

Thought the opening was great with Ros followed by Lucas/Sarah. I laughed at the "sexual thing" line! Exclamation

Wow, either Lucas, the character, is a good actor himself by "playing" Oleg and acting all submissive or he's still affected by his incarceration and torture. Well I'm sure he's affected based on his flashbacks but I don't think he would allow Oleg to get the upper hand anymore on his soil. Their interplay was explosive and both actors were incredible in their scenes together.

The closing scene with Sarah and Lucas was great too. I hope he doesn't trust her! I want to yell at the screen like in a horror movie. When Sarah threw Mr. Bell to his death I was really shocked and didn't see that coming! I love surprises.

This is speculation, but I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case:

I really like how interesting the Sarah character is now!
Spoiler: show
I hope Lucas gets to kill her!

I really doubted the bomb would go off but not because of Ros, but because of the 3000 people who would be killed or maimed in that building.

Can't wait for the next episode.