Spooks Forum
Episode 6 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 8 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Episode 6 Discussion (/thread-435.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - age1021 - 07-12-2009 07:11 PM

(07-12-2009 10:35 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I have just watched the episode again and there is one scene about 3/4 of the way through where Harry walks into the Grid and he is texting on his mobile phone. I dont think I have ever seen Harry text before. Then he talks to Ruth and Lucas. The next scene is Sarah in the flat. She is texting someone. Do you think they were trying to make it look like Harry and Sarah were texting each other?.....one to ponder

I think she was texting the guy who showed up to her apartment. Why else would he come.....
How can one man not see that she is playing him? Huh

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - LucasNorth#1 - 07-12-2009 08:34 PM

Anyone notice the Home Secretary's tie changes completely in the final scenes? From purple and blue to a red one which is loosened?

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - almh - 07-12-2009 08:49 PM

It might have been the start of a 'new day' - perhaps he got changed? I didn't notice it, but I will go rewatch it again to see if that's a plausible reason.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - whufan - 07-12-2009 08:51 PM

(07-12-2009 08:34 PM)LucasNorth#1 Wrote:  Anyone notice the Home Secretary's tie changes completely in the final scenes? From purple and blue to a red one which is loosened?

Actually the thing I noticed about the red tie was the fact he was looking gorgeously rumpled and the last time the HS looked like that was in series 7, or was it 6, when Connie pretended to be a substitute secretary to him to get data from a PC and he was wearing the red tie then.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - lwhite53 - 07-12-2009 09:19 PM

Did anyone get Christine 2.0's reference at the end of the ep when she's talking about CIA types who aren't enamored of the new US administration because they think "we're about to lose the Cold War" (or something like that)? The Cold War has been over for 20 years. I'm confused!?!

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - almh - 07-12-2009 09:21 PM

Maybe they're referring to the war against Russia???

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - Tea Lady - 07-12-2009 09:33 PM

I dont think the cold war will ever be over while we all have nuclear weapons still, and Russia really has become an energy superpower and has some control over many countries now, including Britain. I think that may be what Sarah was referring to.

Did I just write that??? Blush

Moving on to the more important subject of ties, I wish Harry wouldnt wear that purple spotted one. He had it on in episode 6 again. !!

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - lwhite53 - 07-12-2009 09:36 PM

(07-12-2009 09:21 PM)almh Wrote:  Maybe they're referring to the war against Russia???

I don't believe the US is presently at war with Russia . . . at least the Washington Post hasn't said anything about it, to date.Tongue

Maybe C2.0 is really a soviet sleeper agent who has infiltrated the CIA . . . about 25 years too late.Wink

Seriously, "Cold War" is a very specific reference (think USSR, Berlin Wall, communism) and it seems to have been pulled out of thin air.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 08-12-2009 07:06 AM

They're not in a state of war with Russia, Sarah was pointing out that many older agents who worked during that time still have the mentality that Russia is the greatest threat. She was making a comment on the unreadiness of the CIA in tackling present threats. (This is a common accusation made against the CIA by agents within.)

There have been some really troubling continuity errors this season. I'm thinking I might might a thread purely for discussion of them.

In the meantime, please try and keep the thread on topic. It's been drifting a bit......

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - lwhite53 - 08-12-2009 02:47 PM

(08-12-2009 07:06 AM)JHyde Wrote:  They're not in a state of war with Russia, Sarah was pointing out that many older agents who worked during that time still have the mentality that Russia is the greatest threat. She was making a comment on the unreadiness of the CIA in tackling present threats. (This is a common accusation made against the CIA by agents within.)

Thanks -- this makes sense.