Spooks Forum
Episode 6 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 8 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Episode 6 Discussion (/thread-435.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 09-12-2009 11:05 AM

Guys, don't forget to turn your TVs on to BBC1 at 9pm tonight, especially if you have a set-top box, for Spooks so they can get the ratings. We want a ninth season!

I don't want to hijack the thread with talk of ratings, but this one is viewed more often than the ratings thread.

I'm sure we'll have some new people joining the conversation tonight after it shows on free to air.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - Beatriz - 09-12-2009 01:33 PM

(After reading 100 post, I'm feeling dizzy Tongue)
WOW!! That was a wonderful episode, one of the best so far!!!

I think I don't have much more to add... Just say a few words

We learned a lot about Nightingale, the last couple of episodes are promising Big Grin

I was very confused with Christine 2.0 and how she handled Lucas at the end of the episode, it didn't make any sense for me, why leave him like this? I thought the backup would have arrived on time and would have shot her, but I'd never have imagined her walking away...Confused

Loved Ros screaming, she was brilliant in this ep. Tariqwas great too.

I'm going to miss the HS, he was a wonderful actor, he played the HS marvelously Sad The last scene between the HS and Harry was amazing, great quotes!

"Do you want to get a drink?" Ruth hesitated but finally she said it!! Heart I didn't see that coming Big Grin How dare Tariq interrumpt this!!!! Dodgy
Harry's raising his eyebrow to Ruth to leave him alone with Lucas made me laugh, this couple have definitely great chemistry!!

As for Harry's collar: this sums up what I thought in some shots:

(06-12-2009 09:08 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  I always thought they did that on purpose. When Harry gets really angry and his face reddens, that tight collar makes it look like his head might blow right off his shoulders.Tongue
(OMG, I thought it would be a few lines but... I get carried away :shySmile

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 09-12-2009 01:39 PM

Hellooooooooo....we missed you, so your "few lines" are most welcome! Tell us about Lisbon somewhere else on the forum that is more appropriate.

It was actually very clever for Lucas to make Sarah *think* they were no longer bugged. He could have just pulled part of the piece and made the dramatic gesture, but pulling it all out was really just a prat move.

I think he really will be counselled this time. And Harry's not going want to let him within 50 miles of Sarah.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 09-12-2009 05:07 PM

Beatriz answered those who were curious about my suggestion re: the comms. It would have been a good bluff to have two sets: one he could remove, and one to continue taping. But of course, removing the comms was more for Sarah than anyone else.

To be fair, the way she says "honey" is somewhat warranted, as she's being deliberately condescending.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - LucasNorthFan - 09-12-2009 07:00 PM

Quote: And Harry's not going want to let him within 50 miles of Sarah.

I'm praying for this to happen!

LNF Smile

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - lwhite53 - 09-12-2009 08:44 PM

(09-12-2009 07:00 PM)LucasNorthFan Wrote:  
Quote: And Harry's not going want to let him within 50 miles of Sarah.

I'm praying for this to happen!

LNF Smile

Ditto.Cool

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - femaleBertieWooster - 09-12-2009 09:56 PM

(09-12-2009 01:39 PM)JHyde Wrote:  It was actually very clever for Lucas to make Sarah *think* they were no longer bugged. He could have just pulled part of the piece and made the dramatic gesture, but pulling it all out was really just a prat move.

I didn't pick up on that. Did he leave some wires on?

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - lwhite53 - 09-12-2009 10:08 PM

(09-12-2009 09:56 PM)femaleBertieWooster Wrote:  
(09-12-2009 01:39 PM)JHyde Wrote:  It was actually very clever for Lucas to make Sarah *think* they were no longer bugged. He could have just pulled part of the piece and made the dramatic gesture, but pulling it all out was really just a prat move.

I didn't pick up on that. Did he leave some wires on?

I thought he removed all the comms (wire and earpiece). She's a CIA agent, after all -- she would have known if he hadn't cleared all the equipment.Undecided

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - Beatriz - 09-12-2009 10:08 PM

I don't think so. The thing is that they should have 2 bugs so if they need to they just throw one away and keep the other one. It would be a good solution for Lucas, he seems to do it a lot lately.

What I don't get is why Lucas didn't go after her!! (I suppose they did it to make us think she shot herself but we dont buy that!)

I forgot to say that I hated the Christine 2.0's "honey" thing (just sickening)

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - lwhite53 - 09-12-2009 10:12 PM

(09-12-2009 10:08 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  What I don't get is why Lucas didn't go after her!!

He was too heart broken, apparently.Thud

What I want to know is where was the backup that Ruth sent? They never got there -- 5 mins later and he's still alone in the apt doing his angst thing.Confused