Spooks Forum
Episode 6 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 8 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Episode 6 Discussion (/thread-435.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - age1021 - 09-12-2009 11:23 PM

I didn't like this episode as much as I liked ep 4 and 5Undecided

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 10-12-2009 12:18 AM

I am curious to see how heavy Harry's hand comes down on Lucas after this last event.

Or perhaps they're so low on staff they can't afford time-outs or de-briefings?

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - almh - 10-12-2009 06:35 AM

They aren't doing too well for staff at the moment are they? Really not good...

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - Bleep888 - 10-12-2009 09:32 AM

(04-12-2009 10:31 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  LOL. She didn't kill herself.. she ran out. HAHA.

I thought this was much better than the previous episode, and it was an AMAZING episode. We found out so much stuff, Harry & Ruth (almost) went for a drink and Christine 2.0 gets closer and closer to dying.

Who btw, has a worse accent each week!!

Really sucks that Robert Glenister is out of the picture, hope he makes another appearance in the series.

As Arnie says "I'll be back......"

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - kirmostar - 10-12-2009 09:41 AM

I love Tariq's voice and how he pronounces words with an emphasis on the last consonant of the word, like when he was advising Ruth he would hide something on the weBBB - so sweet. Lucas needs punished for sure - over Harry's knee I think - or was that not what you meant JHyde when you said Harry's heavy hand Big Grin

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 10-12-2009 09:51 AM

Not exactly, although whatever works for you kirmostar. I didn't realise you had a thing for PF as well.....

I also love Tariq's slight accent and his voice has such a lovely timbre. My favourite example is from episode 5 when he says "it's all a bit existential, isn't it?"

Lucas needs a bit of bitchslapping after the last few weeks. Although it's only been one episode since he found out she was a bad apple. He hasn't known as long as we have.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - Tea Lady - 10-12-2009 09:58 AM

(10-12-2009 09:41 AM)kirmostar Wrote:  Lucas needs punished for sure - over Harry's knee I think - or was that not what you meant JHyde when you said Harry's heavy hand Big Grin

Well, Lucas did say it was a sexual thing with Harry before now....anyway back to episode 6, If I was Lucas I would be glad that I was well rid of the cow, if not for the gun to the head incident, certainly for the way she keeps calling me "hunny" !!

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 10-12-2009 10:07 AM

To be fair, she was being sarcastic when she said that.

But yes, her accent is worrisome. I think it may even deserve its own thread, just so we don't get sidetracked here.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - kirmostar - 10-12-2009 10:23 AM

Yes the Hairys and the Hunnys are very tiresome - but she has $6 billion in the bank remember.....

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - Tea Lady - 10-12-2009 12:17 PM

Just a general comment that it was good timing for episode 6 last night as for those outside the UK it coincided with the UK Government's pre-budget statement "dealing" with the mess the UK economy is in. Spooks seems to often hit the right note at the right time. I just wish we had Harry and Nicholas Blake looking after the real economy.