Spooks Forum
Episode 6 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 8 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Episode 6 Discussion (/thread-435.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - Akira - 10-12-2009 12:32 PM

Yay, Tariq-love! He's very easy on the eye and the accent is growing on me.

Lucas is being a bit 'emo' now and his relationship with Sarah just doesn't feel natural to me!

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - lwhite53 - 10-12-2009 02:37 PM

(10-12-2009 09:58 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(10-12-2009 09:41 AM)kirmostar Wrote:  Lucas needs punished for sure - over Harry's knee I think - or was that not what you meant JHyde when you said Harry's heavy hand Big Grin

Well, Lucas did say it was a sexual thing with Harry before now....anyway back to episode 6, If I was Lucas I would be glad that I was well rid of the cow, if not for the gun to the head incident, certainly for the way she keeps calling me "hunny" !!

LOL . . . and agreed.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - LucasNorthFan - 10-12-2009 04:30 PM

(09-12-2009 11:17 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  I can't believe Lucas in this episode! What is he thinking?! Even when he had just came back from Russia he didn't seem to have that much of a lack of judgement! I don't know what is happening to his character Confused

I think if you look at the facts, the story itself, Lucas was 8 years in a Russian prison, tortured physically and psychological, to the point he almost killed himself ( SadSad ), he went back to England, suppressed all this feelings an memories and just went on trying to regaining his position at MI5.

This season (Ep 2) Christine 2.0 makes her appearance, (ep 3) they start getting closer. Ep 4 Lucas is forced to remember everything and confront the person who did this to him, at the end of the ep, he was at his most vulnerable time and Christine was there to pick up the pieces, so maybe Lucas developed some dependence which he believes to be love. So in this episode even with prove when she lies to look like she's sincere to him, he wants to believe her. When he says 'God please not you' I felt it was because he held onto her pretending to trust in him minutes ago and at that moment he realized she was *still* playing him.
You can be the best agent there is, but there is just that much of...things you can take... the prison, torture, he's working and personal life all a mess because Sarah's in it.... He can't be as rational and cold as we'd want him to be.

I do agree Harry needs to knock some sense into him, because all this is destroying him.

The big problem here is the lack of chemistry. I've been thinking and re-thinking this all this time Blush (so sorry if I repeat myself over Lucas behaviour) about the story and somewhat, for me makes sense but remembering Lucas and C 2.0 scenes, I just can't see it, I can't see that he could have initiated anything with there, let alone depend on her/believe her because there was no chemistry between the actors, none at all. And I'm not talking romantic chemistry here, because you can see chemistry between characters who aren't suppose to be together. (I feel there's chemistry between HN and RA, and also between HN and PF).

Ok, done with the rant...

LNF Dodgy

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 10-12-2009 04:40 PM

I think that's all very fair, and I feel for him too (I was saying it from episode 2 onwards....) but yeah, now the plot needs to advance some and deal with Sarah out in the open.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - femaleBertieWooster - 10-12-2009 04:49 PM

Lack of chemistry is absolutely the problem LucasNorthFan. All of us can easily understand denial when everyone else can see how bad things are. A gun to the head would help the mind get lucid fast though.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - lwhite53 - 10-12-2009 05:03 PM

(10-12-2009 04:30 PM)LucasNorthFan Wrote:  The big problem here is the lack of chemistry. I've been thinking and re-thinking this all this time Blush (so sorry if I repeat myself over Lucas behaviour) about the story and somewhat, for me makes sense but remembering Lucas and C 2.0 scenes, I just can't see it, I can't see that he could have initiated anything with there, let alone depend on her/believe her because there was no chemistry between the actors, none at all.
LNF Dodgy

Agreed. You can make this kind of relationship work but you need actors who are up to the job. C2.0 just isn't cutting it and, as a result, Lucas looks really stupid, as everyone keeps saying.Undecided

As JHyde says, let's get Sarah dealt with and MOVE ON.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - HellsBells - 10-12-2009 06:12 PM

I feel that Harry is allowing Lucas far too much freedom to make such stupid mistakes. Someone who has been thorough what Lucas has surely needs more support/guidance than Harry is giving him at the moment. After all, Harry only asked if Lucas was alright with this and accepted his answer, when we could all clearly see he was not alright in the slightest !

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - PendolinoGuy - 10-12-2009 06:25 PM

Harry needs to give Lucas alot more guidance and moral supportSleepy

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - lwhite53 - 10-12-2009 08:53 PM

Harry's guidance and moral support have been a bust, so far. He needs to take a cue from his earlier self and tell Lucas to get with the program (a la Tom). A softer, mellower Harry is all well and good most of the time, but it ain't working in this case.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - LucasNorthFan - 10-12-2009 09:14 PM

(10-12-2009 08:53 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Harry's guidance and moral support have been a bust, so far. He needs to take a cue from his earlier self and tell Lucas to get with the program (a la Tom). A softer, mellower Harry is all well and good most of the time, but it ain't working in this case.

Yes, he's been a little softer with both: Ros and Lucas, he says 'Ros don't put you're name on the file' but lets her, 'I think you're having a hard time dealing with Jo's death', still she says she's alright and downright accepts it. (not that I think she should've stop her or anything just pointing it out), 'no heroics', her face totally says 'I will take any risk necessary'.
As I said, not that he can stop them, is just like he trusts his agents criteria and decision, so only warns them and supports them hoping it will turn out for the best, like a father! Big Grin

But in Lucas case, where's Harry's showed some lack of trust, it shouldn't apply but we see him acting the same as for Ros, only he *could* be more hard with Lucas, he *needs* it!

LNF Smile