Spooks Forum
Episode 6 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 8 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Episode 6 Discussion (/thread-435.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - natcch - 06-12-2009 11:01 AM

Loved Tariq in this episode... but seriously, nothing is known about him, and that really bugs me. :/

Also, what on earth did Lucas say to the bank manager when he was about to leave?? Something in Russian?

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - LucasNorthFan - 06-12-2009 11:24 AM

(05-12-2009 07:38 PM)femaleBertieWooster Wrote:  On second thought, I think the problem with the Lucas story is that O'Reilly is not a very good actress. We can't see that Sarah loves him, and therefore his willingness to takes such serious risks, because the actress has never had the so-called look-of-love on her face.

I thought Lucas was acting when he first kissed her because she had never even given a sign that she could care. Except for the words she utters mangles, we still can't fathom how Lucas could love someone while getting zip in return. From the beginning, the kiss, he has looked at her with tenderness, openness and warmth. There has never been a glimmer of it on her face.

RA is essentially working with dead space and that is letting him, and us, down.

I agree with you, the lack of chemistry between them is really spoiling their storyline and confusing us. We can't accept him acting so love-blinded (saying 'take with you' and looking so miserable in her apartment, after she left), when he can't possibly have feelings for her after she's demonstrated she's played him from minute 1.

Before this season started, I read some comments that GOR was a good actress and RA in some interview said '[she] was great', so maybe she's not a bad actress only as much effort as they've put in, they didn't 'click' Undecided

I hated her 'honeyyy' Angry Lucas has to kill her! Pleaaase!!

I liked Harry saying to the HS, 'our new wonder boy' Big Grin

The HS! I'll miss him, I liked how he left though, he left with with us knowing he is truly in the good side. He even made me think that maybe there were politicians like him, that were good only to be set up by the bad ppl... just to come right back to reality and realize this is just a tvshow Rolleyes
I must admit he had me doubting him for a sec when Ruth found the bank account Blush

I loved Ros (again) in this ep, I got a little Exclamation at her psychopath talk to Perose but gotta love how convincing she can be! Big Grin
When she saved Baisley, once again, from Perose's set up I was like 'ok, she's saved you for the third time today, STOP running!'

LNF Smile

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 06-12-2009 11:33 AM

And that vile talk show host who tears strips off the HS and who you see "summarising" at the end?

Ironically enough, it's the media that Spooks is often most contemptuous of in its storylines over the 8 years.

I loved watching Ros in that torture scene. Setting it up while she bluffed her way into being the torturer who'd do anything after Jo died.....although we can't actually be sure it was a bluff. But it was such a appropriate way to go after someone like him and the method was so Ros. She was choking him via remote! Very Ros, really great episode for her.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - Silktie - 06-12-2009 12:14 PM

(06-12-2009 01:21 AM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Also noticed that when Ruth tells Harry that Ros hasn't been in touch and they don't know where she is, H doesn't seem at all concerned leading me to surmise that H sent R to rough up Perrot. Ah well, "needs must" as H is fond of saying.Smile

Yes! I caught that too, I definitely got the impression that Harry knew where Ros was and what she was doing, but didn't tell anyone else to maintain deniability. This also means that Ros is perhaps not really close to a breakdown over Jo. Yes, she has feelings of guilt to work through, but maybe not to the extent that she will do something reckless in future episodes.

I also agree with others that a big problem with the Lucas/Sarah storyline is the actress' portrayal.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - almh - 06-12-2009 12:40 PM

The media often are subtly portrayed as the bad guys in Spooks, which I really like in a bizarre way. It shows that we shouldn't always believe what we are told, and that the media can be manipulated easily.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - NSquirrel - 06-12-2009 02:25 PM

I suppose I need to watch it again, but Ros lost some of her car windscreens when shot at and then they seemed to be OK when she catches up with Baisley

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - Silktie - 06-12-2009 03:36 PM

(05-12-2009 08:39 AM)kirmostar Wrote:  Lucas Lucas Lucas - so disappointed with you, at least now she's pulled a gun on you it might be a clue as to where her priorities truly lie. I'll be surprised if he's not disciplined over this, that's twice he's been under orders and dropped his wire. And now we know why the casting for Home Secretary changes in Ep7 and 8. I'm going to have to watch it again. Now.

Not only that, but it is probably Sarah that warned them to move the money from the account after her little discussion with Lucas. So if he hadn't trusted her and let her get away, she wouldn't have been able to warn them. I agree that it will be unrealistic if he isn't reprimanded for this.

And this is pure speculation on my part, but what are the odds that the new HS is going to be a member of Nightingale?

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - Nitrus - 06-12-2009 03:38 PM

(06-12-2009 03:36 PM)Silktie Wrote:  And this is pure speculation on my part, but what are the odds that the new HS is going to be a member of Nightingale?

I really hope he isn't. Sarah admitted that he was being setup, so I don't think he is.

Spoiler: show
Plus, we know from spoilers earlier this month that Nightingale is made up of rogue intelligence officers. This has been confirmed by members of the cast in various interviews.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 06-12-2009 03:39 PM

That would be so brilliant! It would also explain why they framed the Home Secretary in the first place.

RE: Episode 6 Discussion - LucasNorthFan - 06-12-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:Not only that, but it is probably Sarah that warned them to move the money from the account after her little discussion with Lucas

Highly probable. Watched it again yesterday and thought the same, another clue for some of us that didn't have clear if she shot herself (wishful thinking maybe...) or escaped, she's still breathing and ready to cause even more trouble.

LNF Smile