Spooks Forum
Ben Kaplan - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 7 (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Ben Kaplan (/thread-47.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ben Kaplan - Tranquility - 07-08-2009 05:15 PM

Poor bloke, I didn't really like him to begin with (actually I hated him) but I did feel rather sorry for him. Not a nice death at all. Other thoughts?

RE: Ben's death - Nitrus - 07-08-2009 05:19 PM

(07-08-2009 05:15 PM)Tranquility Wrote:  Poor bloke, I didn't really like him to begin with (actually I hated him) but I did feel rather sorry for him. Not a nice death at all. Other thoughts?

I actually liked his character... he was a good addition.. and just settling into the spook life.

His murder was pretty horrible... dealt with in the usual "sensitive" fashion! Tongue love it.

RE: Ben's death - Tranquility - 07-08-2009 05:23 PM

hmm I think the thing I didn't like about him was his relationship with Jo. I always imagined Jo and Zaf together. I guess it wasn't Ben's fault but anyhoo. Tongue

RE: Ben's death - Nitrus - 07-08-2009 05:25 PM

(07-08-2009 05:23 PM)Tranquility Wrote:  hmm I think the thing I didn't like about him was his relationship with Jo. I always imagined Jo and Zaf together. I guess it wasn't Ben's fault but anyhoo. Tongue

Did you imagine them together because of their marriage IRL or because their characters were good together? lol.

I can see why Ben & Jo were put together.. both journalists who were recruited into MI5, Jo saw herself in hima little bit.. that's why she was sympathetic to him.

RE: Ben's death - Tranquility - 07-08-2009 05:37 PM

(07-08-2009 05:25 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  
(07-08-2009 05:23 PM)Tranquility Wrote:  hmm I think the thing I didn't like about him was his relationship with Jo. I always imagined Jo and Zaf together. I guess it wasn't Ben's fault but anyhoo. Tongue

Did you imagine them together because of their marriage IRL or because their characters were good together? lol.

I can see why Ben & Jo were put together.. both journalists who were recruited into MI5, Jo saw herself in hima little bit.. that's why she was sympathetic to him.

It was a bit of both I think. I thought they'd be a good couple to start with but their marriage IRL is cute Big Grin

RE: Ben's death - Lozmaster - 19-10-2009 02:46 PM

I thought he was OK, clearly the new boy making the odd cock up. Thought he might have settled in if given more time.

Jo's hot though Wink

RE: Ben's death - almh - 19-10-2009 05:32 PM

He did seem to be a natural spook, but I found him quite irritating at times.

RE: Ben's death - Thames I - 19-10-2009 05:39 PM

I liked Ben. I must confess that when Connie did for him it really stunned me. The aftermath i.e. when he was discovered, left me feeling quite emotional.Sad

RE: Ben's death - almh - 19-10-2009 05:41 PM

Amazing acting, just an irritating character. But it was definitely emotional.

RE: Ben's death - Beatriz - 19-10-2009 06:03 PM

(07-08-2009 05:25 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Did you imagine them together because of their marriage IRL or because their characters were good together? lol.

Wait a minute! This is offtopic, sorry, but I'm shocked, are they (Jo and Zaf) married in real life? really? What a wonderful couple!!! I dind't know Rolleyes