Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Ruth - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Ruth (/thread-474.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - lwhite53 - 14-02-2010 10:20 PM

Yep, I have to agree, too. I said on some other thread ages ago that character development, overall, in this series left a lot to be desired. Lucas and Ros did ok but the others were pretty much left out, including Ruth (to get us back on topic). I also agree with JHyde, Ruth had a bunch of good grid-based moments throughout s8 wherein she discovered a piece of vital info or solved an important puzzle. But her character is definitely more low key than it was when she left in s5. Different grid, different people, different kind of writing and plots. Is this progress? Nah, I don't think so!

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - JHyde - 14-02-2010 10:31 PM

Season 9 will be very important to get right. I actually hope they don't do a story arc, but rather a few two parters.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Silktie - 15-02-2010 04:02 PM

So, apart from her interaction with Harry, what would you want for Ruth in season 9?

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - lwhite53 - 15-02-2010 08:41 PM

She needs to be more interactive with the team . . . of course, it would help to have a team for her to be involved with! She and Tariq have developed a good relationship, but they're locked away in the techie suite.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Tea Lady - 15-02-2010 10:54 PM

Yes I agree, the lack of people makes it difficult for there to be much interaction with other characters. If Kudos get more people in then fingers crossed this will solve itself.

As for what I want Ruth to be involved in, I would like some stories involving her and Lucas. Also perhaps Ruth going it alone on a case even going behind Harry's back (so she's not directly interacting with him.) Also I would like to see Ruth get something wrong for a change. Her having to admit she is wrong to the team or another member of the team proves she is wrong. I would like to know where she is living and whether she has her own place now. And it may pain me to say it, whether she has had any contact with Nico, and the issues arising from that.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - lwhite53 - 15-02-2010 11:53 PM

(15-02-2010 10:54 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  As for what I want Ruth to be involved in, I would like some stories involving her and Lucas. Also perhaps Ruth going it alone on a case even going behind Harry's back (so she's not directly interacting with him.)

I really like the idea of a Ruth and Lucas ep -- so far, it seems they would be quite compatible as work partners and they have similar life outlooks, I think.

Ruth and the rest of the team going behind H's back (a la the McCann ep) -- I like that one a lot! Cool

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - JHyde - 16-02-2010 12:39 AM

I am feeling exonerated, having argued from the beginning of season 8 that Lucas and Ruth have a surprising amount in common. I also think that RA and NW would have great working chemistry and this would spill over nicely. Much in the same way I enjoy Harry and Ros bouncing off each other.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Tea Lady - 16-02-2010 08:48 AM

I think someone else made the point that pre-publicity magazine articles made it sound like Ruth and Lucas had more scenes together this series than they actually did, and they had a good relationship. Maybe these scenes were cut I dont know, but I am not sure Lucas and Ruth had many 1 on 1 scenes. Corret me if I am wrong. They could have had a scene where Ruth comforted Lucas after the death of Sarah seeing what Ruth had been through with her partner in the line of duty. 10 episodes may have helped here but we know about the funding problems so I dont think we will get that number of episodes again.

Does anyone else want the Nico storyline explored further? I dont mean by bringing the brat back, but maybe Ruth getting upset because she isnt allowed to contact him or visit. Something like that.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - HellsBells - 16-02-2010 12:03 PM

I agree with you Tea Lady, that there should be more scenes with Ruth and Lucas ( might make Harry jealous though Wink). And I would like it if Ruth occasionally got something wrong. It did seem that she was always right recently, which I am not sure was the case in earlier series.
I think the Nico story is gone, she probably is not very welcome by his family and Ruth would understand that.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Beatriz - 16-02-2010 12:37 PM

I'd like to see interaction between Ruth and Tariq and with Lucas. It'd be nice to see more develoopment of the character with other members of the Grid, not only with Harry.

I'm daydreaming here but I'd love to see that Ruth and Malcolm friendship continues and see them talking in a cafe or pub...

I think I'd like Ruth to try and contact Nico (I don't want to see the kid on the show either), I'm not sure about it though. Do you think George's family knows what really happened to him? They must know it was because of Ruth, maybe the kid told them something, but he didn't actually see what happened to his father...