Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.17 Average
[spoilers] Ruth
14-12-2009, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2009 02:45 PM by Nitrus.)
Ruth [spoilers] Ruth
Ok, so here's a thread for all the Ruth fans Smile I think I'll let someone else start...

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2009, 09:04 PM
RE: [spoilers] Ruth
Just to make it easier, this thread is fair game for everything up to and including the most recent episode shown on *BBC3*. Confirmed spoilers for future episodes should be put in spoiler tags.

She's a linguist, she's bright and never satisfied with anything but her best and the best of those around her. She's loyal and she's evolved - so many shows don't allow their characters to evolve, but I think Spooks does that really well. I love the quiet confidence that is in NW's performance, layered with grief and internal conflict over the actions of the team.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
14-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Oh yeah, I forget to do that Blush sorry

What I like about Ruth asides from all the obvious things (her intelligence, looks, etc,) but that she is so composed. I think that reading Ruth's diary would be really interesting as well (Hint hint Kudos Wink) just because her past sounds so interesting, and quite tragic, and really does sound good (guess what I'm writing fanfiction on soon Wink)

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
14-12-2009, 09:47 PM
YAY!!! A Ruth's thread!!! Big Grin

That's a great idea almh, I want a Ruth's diary!!!

I agree with both of you. She has evolved a lot. I liked the early Ruth, she was very shy, clumsy and reserved... She felt lonely and that was very moving. I got to love this character.

Now she seems more confident, but she's still the caring person she was. I love her integrity. I like the new Ruth too Smile

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
14-12-2009, 09:48 PM
(14-12-2009 09:47 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  YAY!!! A Ruth's thread!!! Big Grin

That's a great idea almh, I want a Ruth's diary!!!

I agree with both of you. She has evolved a lot. I liked the early Ruth, she was very shy, clumsy and reserved... She felt lonely and that was very moving. I got to love this character.

Now she seems more confident, but she's still the caring person she was. I love her integrity. I like the new Ruth too Smile

I've bagsed Ruth's diary fanfic! Anyone else want to join in???

14-12-2009, 09:49 PM
I'd like a Ruth's Diary, also (pick up on the cues, Kudos!) -- what little we know of her earlier years is fascinating (family situation, relationship with half-brother) and I'd love to know more about her school years.

What I like most about Ruth is that even though she's not a field agent, she's an integral member of the Grid. In many instances, it's Ruth who finds the clue that leads to the resolution of the ep. She has an expansive and unrestrained mind, which allows her to juxtapose and synthesize seemingly conflicting pieces of information. And, she's also not afraid to speak her mind when she's challenged intellectually.

I also like that she tries to find common ground with the people with whom she works. She clearly doesn't have friends or family outside work and she attempts to forge familial bonds with her co-workers. Though her intellect is awesome (and sometimes frightening), it's not divorced from her extraordinary humanity.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
14-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Yes, she seems to know about everything... Smile I want to be like her!!! Tongue

(14-12-2009 09:48 PM)almh Wrote:  I've bagsed Ruth's diary fanfic! Anyone else want to join in???
I'd love to join!!! But I'm not a very imaginative person...

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
14-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Doesn't matter! The more the merrier. I'll set up a separate thread for it so this one doesn't get off topic Smile Anyone who's interested please join!

15-12-2009, 09:18 AM
At what point did Ruth fall for Harry and why? Do you think she does in general like older men? Do they give her the confidence she once lacked? Just some thoughts to try and get into Ruth's head and heart a bit more.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
15-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I think she fell for him out of respect for him and also because there was a chemistry between them. I think they both can trust each other, which meant that the share secrets frequently, which also could lead to them getting closer. (mwah ha - just making sure I don't miss any good conversations again by this time going on here during school time Tongue)