Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Ruth - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Ruth (/thread-474.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Silktie - 17-02-2010 04:30 PM

(17-02-2010 04:22 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  
(17-02-2010 04:16 PM)Silktie Wrote:  I know, but it creates the opportunity for great drama...Plus we can have Lucas in the field with her, and Harry trying to cope with Ruth being in the field without becoming over-protective...

OK -- she can go off the grid with Lucas but she definitely can't go out alone! Confused And she has to look both ways before she crosses the street! Silba

Hee! And she has to call Harry every five minutes to report that she's okay.

ETA: Wouldn't it be great if Ruth had to shoot someone in the line of duty - they could explore the emotional impact of this on her for a few episodes then.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Tea Lady - 17-02-2010 05:01 PM

OMG! Ruth leaving the Grid! It just wouldnt be a happy storyline would it. Yes she is a little tougher now but I feel not so tough as to cope with what Ros and Lucas do. I also cant see her shooting someone unless it was to protect the one she loves. I dont see her being able to shoot someone in the line of duty i.e. such as Lucas did with that runner in 7.8 and Jo in 8.2.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - HellsBells - 17-02-2010 07:07 PM

Oh no, don't send Ruth in to the field ! She far too trusting in people, I think it would destroy her belief in the best of people. And if Lucas and Ruth were in the field and something happened to Ruth, what would Harry do to Lucas !!
Keep Ruth safe on the Grid, where she is indispensable.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - lwhite53 - 17-02-2010 09:08 PM

I wonder if Ruth can actually shoot? We do see in one ep that Colin is on the shooting range but I've never heard that either R or Malcolm was a qualified shooter.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Beatriz - 17-02-2010 09:08 PM

I think it's a good idea Ruth going into the field but not something that Ros and Lucas would do... Something like what she did with Professor Curtis, nothing about carrying any kind of gun of course!!! Not very risky... the bad thing is that Ruth's not very lucky when she goes out of the Grid, look what happened in 8.08... Confused

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Inker - 22-02-2010 11:41 PM

Tea Lady Wrote: At what point did Ruth fall for Harry and why?

I'm sorry for the late post on this. I am just joining this forum and still reading through all the post. I once asked almost this same question in another very good forum (not sure if I am suppose to mention the name here) and got an absolutely wonderful insight. Am I allowed to post it here once I get permission from her to post it?

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - JHyde - 23-02-2010 01:26 AM

You can absolutely post here Inker. It's not an issue, and we're not on frosty terms with the other forum or anything, it's just that we offer different things.

We'd love to hear what someone else thought, via your words and post.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Aria - 05-03-2010 12:30 PM

Just something I have wondered about in the last few days with all the speculation regarding season 9 and Harry, is that would Ruth still be as effective a character without Harry around. We have seen Harry cope without Ruth, how would Ruth cope without Harry? Would Ruth still want to work for MI5 without Harry being there?

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - JHyde - 05-03-2010 12:44 PM

(I suspect Tea Lady just keeled over at the thought of no Harry in [spooks].)

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Tea Lady - 05-03-2010 01:21 PM

OMG! I have just broke out in a cold sweat and snapped my pen in half!

Ruth would leave and go and work in a university or something. No other boss would appreciate her like Harry did(DOES)so she would leave. Was Jo the only reason Ruth returned? The answer is no, but Harry is her last remaining reason to stay. In any event if Harry wasnt in Spooks anymore (deep breath Tea), the series would probably end so we probably wouldnt find out what happened to Ruth anyway.

Putting to one side the speculation, I can see something happening to Harry as the way the writers get them together as it pushes Ruth towards him, the fear of losing him, another person she loves. That would stop the whole thing being too mushy which is what some people fear Spooks could become.