Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Ruth - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Ruth (/thread-474.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - molecatcher - 24-09-2010 06:29 PM

(24-09-2010 05:46 PM)Aria Wrote:  
(24-09-2010 01:58 PM)molecatcher Wrote:  No one can remain that sexually repressed with Harry around.

She's managed to last 5 years without succumbing unfortunately Sad

True but since she's now told Harry they can have an open, honest relationship he only has to ask her what it is she really really wants and she'll have to tell him the truth. Then, so long as it's not another late night phone tete-a-tete, watch out for fireworks! I was convinced that in S8 all those little extra looks and touches from Ruth were rushed late edits because the producers saw from S9 scripts more was being planned for them. I can't believe a marriage proposal and refusal is it.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - almh - 25-09-2010 08:13 AM

I'm slightly worried that Ruth could be the traitor as
Series 9 episode 2 trailer Spoiler: show
she and Tariq are the only members of the Grid not in shot when Harry says "We have to deceive the deceiver" Although maybe she's just off screen, or they're talking about a member of a group that's in that episode. Then again, Harry doesn't sound too depressed, which I think he would if they found out that Ruth was a traitor, so maybe it isn't her.

Ok, I shall stop second-guessing myself and the writers now and just wait for the episode to reveal what he means Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - yorkshiretyke - 26-09-2010 09:58 AM

I am really worried now....
Series 9 Spoiler: show
I looked on the website imbd, which show what work the actors are doing, I was actually looking at PF. On checking Nicola Walkers work it shows her in eposides 9.1 to 9.7 but not 9.8....does that mean she leaves in 9.7 !!!!...wonder if that is why we have had no interviews

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - expat - 26-09-2010 02:02 PM

(26-09-2010 09:58 AM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  I am really worried now....
I looked on the website imbd, which show what work the actors are doing, I was actually looking at PF. On checking Nicola Walkers work it shows her in eposides 9.1 to 9.7 but not 9.8....does that mean she leaves in 9.7 !!!!...wonder if that is why we have had no interviews

Yikes, Yorkshiretyke.
IMDB also has Tariq leaving after 9.2. Of course the cast list is much more fleshed out for the ep that's already aired, so maybe this is a false alarm

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - yorkshiretyke - 26-09-2010 02:07 PM

I have a cold...obviously set off undue panic....breath!.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - almh - 26-09-2010 02:37 PM

(26-09-2010 09:58 AM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  I am really worried now....

IMDB is very slow at updating - it didn't have some of the major characters, or any of the minor characters, for most of series 9 last time I looked, although that was before episode 1 aired, so I wouldn't worry Smile

On the RT website (which admittedly only shows up to episode 3, all of the usual suspects have made it onto the cast list, including Tariq, so evidently he doesn't leave in episode 2!

Does she ever really do interviews though? I don't remember having ever read one with her, excluding an interview that was more about a play she was in than Spooks. And besides, surely they'd be more likely to interview her if she was leaving rather that if she was staying?

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Tea Lady - 04-10-2010 10:58 PM

Naughty Ruth or not, giving Tariq the order to kill Azis after Harry hesitated? Surely this is not her job and does not have the authority to give such an order? Ruth really seems to believe that she rules the Grid this series and is Harry's second in command rather than Lucas, and when Harry falters, she steps in for him too. She really is digging herself into her job this series.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - SPOOK91 - 04-10-2010 11:02 PM

She does seem to be a much bigger part of the grid that's for sure. Perhaps we are missing something and she has also had some form of promotion or because she is the "Russian Analyst" it was partly her Op? But she was carrying it out from the grid whilst Lucas was in the field.

I'm thinking that she could indeed be being set up by the writers as a prospective leader perhaps. She is certainly showing those qualities.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Aria - 04-10-2010 11:15 PM

(04-10-2010 10:58 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Naughty Ruth or not, giving Tariq the order to kill Azis after Harry hesitated? Surely this is not her job and does not have the authority to give such an order? Ruth really seems to believe that she rules the Grid this series and is Harry's second in command rather than Lucas, and when Harry falters, she steps in for him too. She really is digging herself into her job this series.

I thought she was giving Tariq the nod to inform Lucas about Azis, probably in the (misguided) hope that Lucas wouldn't let anything happen to him. Loving how strong and decisive she has been throughout season 9 in regards to her job. Definitely acting as a leader on the Grid when Lucas is in the field. Loved how she was present when Harry was talking to the Home Secretary. I would have liked to have seen the conversation between Ruth and Towers later on. Bit worried that now she is the "Russian" expert she won't suffer the same fate as Connie!!

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - JHyde - 05-10-2010 10:32 AM

Ruth wasn't giving an order to have Azis killed. She was nodding to Tariq to tell Lucas, that didn't automatically mean he'd be killed! Presumably they had other people on the ground who could have followed him.

I like assertive Ruth. She is trying to fill the void of experience of the Grid,
Series 9.4 Spoiler: show
something which looks like it will be continued on next week, judging by what she says to Beth.
Harry isn't always right, we know that, think 8.2 for a more recent example, or 2.7 for an older one. I like that Ruth takes it to him on occasion but that she is also very quick to say when he is right. She strikes a good balance. I am sorry she told the HS what he wanted to know, but she was presumably asked a direct question by her boss of all bosses. I can't entirely blame her.