Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Ruth - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Ruth (/thread-474.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - yorkshiretyke - 12-10-2010 06:52 AM

Well, after Ian Wylie's bog I expected Ruth to be in different clothes (or at least different colours) for the Op but she didnt....in fact the blues/denims didn't come out of the wardrobe until she came back...

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Tea Lady - 12-10-2010 08:48 AM

Oh our little Gazelle did well didn't she?

Slightly drifing into the NW thead here, but wasn't the Mandarin scene great? How on earth they filmed that without NW cracking up. I bet they wouldn't let Peter in the room.

I think the reaction of Ruth to the question about children, was very sad. A flicker of regret there? I didn't think it was the case, but clearly she has no contact with Nico at all. The sad thing is, it is not too late for Ruth even if she is 40.

I am very worried that Ruth suspects Lucas is up to something and will start to investigate by herself, what he is up to. She probably feels that Harry could not cope with another "loss" so goes it alone.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Beatriz - 12-10-2010 11:12 AM

That scene was so heartbreaking, her answer was full of regret and she obviously thought of Nico there... No, it's not too late, but I can't picture Harry and her having a child... Sad Coming to think about it, it would be funny...

She was great in the field, I thought it was going to end worse, a small injury in the lip isn't too bad.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Tea Lady - 12-10-2010 11:37 AM

Ruth is so set in her ways. I think I said before, she has already made her mind up that she is not meant to have a family of her own. She probably couldn't cope with the guilt at giving a child a life with a loving family, when she deprived Nico of his. Someone else posted a comment that they thought Ruth may be depressed. I have to agree.

If she does want a child, and thinks this is a deal breaker with Harry, then why not talk to him about it? Sorry, drifting into H/R thread there.

Ruth just deserves to be happy and she so isn't.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Beatriz - 12-10-2010 11:49 AM

Oh Tea Lady! Your comment almost made me cry... (ok, listening to Damien Rice isn't helping, I'm in this mood hahaha). All you said is so true. No, I'm not saying she wants a family, but I think she kind of misses it. My views are like yours. She wouldn't be able to have a family including a child and not being able to be there for her son/daughter...

She needs to get her pieces back together, she wants to do it alone, but I'm not sure she's coping. She has to realise she could have help...

So heartbreaking!! aaaahhhh

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Tea Lady - 12-10-2010 11:58 AM

(12-10-2010 11:49 AM)Beatriz Wrote:  Oh Tea Lady! Your comment almost made me cry... (ok, listening to Damien Rice isn't helping, I'm in this mood hahaha). All you said is so true. No, I'm not saying she wants a family, but I think she kind of misses it. My views are like yours. She wouldn't be able to have a family including a child and not being able to be there for her son/daughter...

She needs to get her pieces back together, she wants to do it alone, but I'm not sure she's coping. She has to realise she could have help...

So heartbreaking!! aaaahhhh

So sorry Beatriz. Please don't cry. We love our Ruth but she needs a life outside work. Reach out Ruth....Please.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Beatriz - 12-10-2010 12:00 PM

hahaha Nooo, I'm ok, it's only its so heartbreaking, life doesn't give her a rest! She will recover, I'm sure and we'll see her smile more!!! Smile

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Naivety - 12-10-2010 08:08 PM

I think this is my favourite Ruth episode ever. I loved her doing her under cover stuff, especially the trick with the perfume in the eyes and the misting of her face - how convenient of that woman to leave the water spray (I use something like that to do my ironing!) in her office. I laughed over the line about trying to remember the Mandarin for Quark (I'm surprised the Chinese would even think of eating that yucky stuff!). I love the way she comes across as knowing everything, without sounding like a know-it-all.

Ruth suspecting Lucas is giving me palpitations. That's actually very scary because you already get the feeling Lucas knows that she knows. When she said about that guy getting the sack, I just got the feeling that she will dig deeper there. I really hope she shares her suspicions with Harry soon, I hate to think of her going it alone.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - HellsBells - 13-10-2010 11:56 AM

It was great to see Ruth 'in the field' and she did so well. I'm really worried about Ruth delving into Lucas' problems, and goes to Harry with her suspicions rather than try to confront Lucas on her own.

RE: [spoilers] Ruth - Aria - 13-10-2010 12:29 PM

(13-10-2010 11:56 AM)HellsBells Wrote:  I'm really worried about Ruth delving into Lucas' problems, and goes to Harry with her suspicions rather than try to confront Lucas on her own.

Unfortunately I can see her trying to spare Harry the worry and pain of her suspicions and investigating Lucas on her own. She would want concrete proof before going to Harry as she knows of his conflicted relationship with Lucas.