Spooks Forum
Episode 8 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 8 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Episode 8 Discussion (/thread-508.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - Beatriz - 06-01-2010 03:13 AM

They'll survive! Wink You can introduce yourself in the New Personnel section Wink

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - Silktie - 06-01-2010 07:03 AM

(30-12-2009 12:51 AM)TygerBright Wrote:  BTW - did anyone else think it a tad ...absurd that Tariq was one of the people sent as back-up for Ruth when she met her Chinese sourse?!? surely the numbers in the Grid haven't dwindled that much...
Or else my eyes need checking...

Yeah, I had visions of Harry running around the Grid to man all the computers by himself during that scene, as everyone else was in the field. Actually, they should have showed that, it's comedy gold.

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - Lizziecaro - 06-01-2010 11:47 AM

Great thought 'gunnerthegrim'. I too had begun to envisage Roz dragging him far enough away from the centre of the blast for them both to survive, if not necessarily unscathed. Shades of the Grand Hotel blast in the 80s when many near the blast survived, even when floors collapsed.

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - Tea Lady - 06-01-2010 12:07 PM

Ros did appear to be quite near the "light" when the explosion happened. I have faith that she managed to drag the HS far enough away. They would have both been injured though I am sure. Both of them can't die. If I say it enough times then it wont happen I am sure......

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - bertowud - 06-01-2010 02:33 PM

gunnerthegrim, I think it's very likely you're right. Unfortunately we have a long wait to find out.

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - HellsBells - 07-01-2010 11:55 AM

Talking about the explosion, I thought (but I maybe wrong) that the bomb was on the seventh floor but the explosion at the end seemed to start much lower down perhaps ground or first floor. Does anybody remember which floor the bomb was on, or is this just another continuity problem.

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - JHyde - 07-01-2010 11:59 AM

I thought it was the fifth floor, but I haven't watched it since before Christmas.

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - LucasNorthFan - 07-01-2010 01:48 PM

Yes, I think I remember Price telling Ros it was room 507.

I believe they got injured but not dead. There's a good chance that Ros could drag them far enough from the room, maybe to the other side. The image of the explosion appeared not to be too wide and only that 'corner' of the building -that is plausible - cause Nightingale's aim was to kill the president and HS to start a war, not destroy the whole building....

If it is about wanting and saying it lots of times to make it true TeaLady, I think we can say they're safe, after all, everyone all over the net is saying 'They can't be dead' 'Ros can't die' Big Grin

LNF Smile

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - Tea Lady - 07-01-2010 02:53 PM

The bomb was on the 7th floor. Ros and Lucas went to the 7th floor to look in the room with the missing Indian delegate. The explosives were in there. Ros then said the HS would be somewhere beneath the blast zone which was room 507. The explosion though seemed to come from the 1st floor. The 7th floor looked undamaged. Yes HellsBells, I think this was another continuity error !

Ros will be safe.

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - TygerBright - 07-01-2010 03:13 PM

That whole 5th -7th floors, running upstairs and downstairs confusion (and the fact that we never really saw how far down on what floor Ros dragged the HS - for all we know she yould have carried him all the way down to 3rd Wink) is my only hope that we see her (and him?) again..

that, or Bobby Ewing/shower anyone? Wink