Spooks Forum
Episode 8 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 8 (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Episode 8 Discussion (/thread-508.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - YourFutureMuse - 26-12-2009 07:28 PM

I would say this has been one of the best series and the camera work has never bothered me Big Grin But I know what you mean about the continiuty, I think that has been only in this series.. or I haven't noticed it in any others? It does get annoying like Ros magically being at the scene especially when you have watched it a few times cos thats when you notice the niggling little details haaha

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - LucasNorthFan - 26-12-2009 07:49 PM

(26-12-2009 07:18 PM)DrDuke Wrote:  
Spoiler: show
The Lucas hospital scene, how does Ros go from talking to him on the phone while driving to stopping Lucas from killing someone in the hospital within the space of 20 seconds?

Well, she said 'I'm almost there' she could have been about to park her car so in 2 or 3 mins could be possible to find Lucas

LNF Smile

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - TygerBright - 26-12-2009 07:50 PM

YAY!!!!!!! I've finally seen it. Once. Will definitely have to re-watch again and again and ag... but for now - wow. It wasn't quite as spectacular as I would have thought after all the expectations and some of the comments here but still an explosive finale. And an evil cliffhanger.
Proper analysis has to wait until I've watched it without half the family interrupting every 3 minutes asking me when it's over (and until I've committed it to memory Wink
For now only this - I can't understand why Lucas is allegedly disgusted by TWWotW but still refuses to give up on her. Jeez, I thought he was gonna cry when he found her when he should have been dancing around, singing "ding Dong the witch is dead"... Men.
And Ros had the bestest lines (I also quite liked the HS coming on to her.. or was he?! LOL) and I want to believe that she somehow makes it out.. they cn't kill her just when she's showing some glimpse of an emotion Smile
Anyroad, I'm dead chuffed I finally got to watch it, looking forward to in-depth viewing & reviewing.

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - kirmostar - 27-12-2009 09:12 AM

Ros did tell Lucas she was almost at the hospital - I doubt she would have won an award for prudent parking, she would have abandoned the car outside and we have seen previously that she can certainly run so I don't think it was that far fetched. The angle Lucas was at when he was going to shoot the hitman in the top of the head wasn't best sensible as he also risked shooting himself a la Jo, although perhaps at that point he was past caring.

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - carole9908 - 27-12-2009 11:25 AM

The camera work really annoyed me on this episode, to the point where it spoilt my enjoyment of the show itself. Less hand-held please!

On a totally different note, here's a bit of location trivia for you. The hotel where they filmed the outside shots is the Radisson Edwardian at Blackwall. I work in the black glass building next door, which was clearly visible in the final "frozen" shot. I remember looking down & seeing a camera crew there a few months back & wondered if it was Spooks, as that is where Ros's apartment was in Series 7, but someone told us it was The Hustle.

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - almh - 27-12-2009 11:31 AM

Well, it's the same production company that make them so they reuse locations probably.

You know where Ros's apartment is? Is it in the same hotel? We have Locations Thread so please put any locations you know on there! I know that Beatriz put the Radisson as the location for the hotel in this episode, but no one has put Ros's apartment on there yet.

Anyway, moving on from my plugging...

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - carole9908 - 27-12-2009 11:38 AM

OK will do. Sorry, novice mistake.

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - almh - 27-12-2009 11:40 AM

It doesn't matter Smile There's a couple of us who are just addicted to locations hunting, and when I saw that you had a location, I just went a bit overboard with the plugging...

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - LucasNorthFan - 27-12-2009 01:36 PM

What does TWWotW mean? The....

I agree Kirmostar, I bet she just stopped the car at the entrance and run off to Sarah's room.
Would've been nice to see her (happy) face at Sarah's death -evil me, I know Rolleyes - or maybe she didn't have opportunity to even smile because probably at hearing the noise from Lucas' fight didn't enter the room and went straight to him, once the killer was caught, if they came back to Sarah's room, while seeing Lucas so distressed I think she'd be sensible and not show any emotion towards her.
Or maybe instead of happy, she would be angry because she didn't get to pull her hair again Big Grin...er, I mean didn't get the information they needed about Nightingale.

LNF Smile

RE: Episode 8 Discussion - Tea Lady - 27-12-2009 04:11 PM

(26-12-2009 08:30 AM)SpooksFan94941 Wrote:  ... the only hole in the story is that anyone as smart as Ros would have found a room service cart to wheel the Home Secretary to safety.

That is such a funny comment SpooksFan. I do wonder why Lucas didnt put the HS on a chair for Ros before he left. Ros could have then attempted to do a fireman's lift. She only needed to get down the corridor away from the blast zone even if it broke her back doing so.

Also I am starting to get worried for Harry. How do we know that he didnt go into the hotel after he got the camera crew. He disappeared from shot after that.

I think the HS was replaced to throw a curve ball to section D. Get them thinking in all the wrong places, a bit like Mani and the video in 8.1. Clearly the new HS was not as formidable as Blake (very cute though.)Smile
Oh, and did anyone else understand the "Finding Nemo" comment at the start?

"You do the math".... "boffing"......do American's really speak like this?