Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Richard Armitage - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Richard Armitage (/thread-563.html)

RE: Richard Armitage - Nia M - 02-02-2010 06:26 PM

Oh I love RA in North and South. Heart Heart Heart

RE: Richard Armitage - kirmostar - 02-02-2010 06:55 PM

Love him in everything...I think Sparkhouse is my favourite, he's such a poppet......

RE: Richard Armitage - Nia M - 02-02-2010 07:23 PM

I haven't seen him in that yet, but it's on my 'To Watch' list! Big Grin

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 02-02-2010 07:26 PM

same here.. but then, you have to have something to pass the time till April and Strike Back..

Quite liked him in Moving On, I do have a thing for charming bad boys Big Grin

RE: Richard Armitage - Snowball - 02-02-2010 10:53 PM

(02-02-2010 06:55 PM)kirmostar Wrote:  ...I think Sparkhouse is my favourite, he's such a poppet......

Just order that from Amazon... it's shipped today so I'm hoping it arrives before the weekend!! It's being delivered to work so if it's not there by Friday I'll have to wait till Monday!!!

I won't be able to watch Strike Back cos I don't have Sky. Can't afford it, and as I hardly watch TV anyway, it's not worth it for one TV series. I'll have to find some other way to watch Strike Back cos I'm not gonna miss it!!

RE: Richard Armitage - belle4723 - 03-02-2010 03:21 AM

(02-02-2010 06:25 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  
(02-02-2010 06:17 PM)murarik Wrote:  I don't watch 3 series because I can't see how Guy of Gisborn is suffering.

but few do suffering as brilliantly as RA..
I like guilt-ridden and grief-stricken Guy even better than tall, dark, and evil Guy.. go on, give tortured Guy a try Big Grin

Yes you should watch series 3. He was great - still a little evil even through all the suffering. Loved his longer hair and new leather outfit.

RE: Richard Armitage - BoHenley - 03-02-2010 08:57 AM

I agree. He's absolutely terrific in the first episode - wish that first fight went on longer. And in the sixth, when he's at odds with the Sherriff. Watch his face in that scene in that empty stone hall - so understated, so brilliant! And in episode 9, when he's imprisoned - those eyes! Yep, it's worth it just to watch RA. Yahoo

RE: Richard Armitage - i luv lucas - 03-02-2010 09:39 AM

I loved all of RH, but I do think that my favourite series for Guy was the third one!! All of that brooding and guilt.... yum scrum!!!

I haven't seen SParkhouse either yet, it is on my to do list however!!

RE: Richard Armitage - kirmostar - 03-02-2010 11:01 AM

He looks a bit odd in Sparkhouse, like his hair is stuck on, and he's in the worst clothes but somehow those blue eyes make it work.......

RE: Richard Armitage - JHyde - 10-02-2010 07:30 AM

So I finally waded my way through a bunch of articles on the man himself after watching some more stuff he's in. And I really do understand why you're all so crazy about him.

His churlishness in some interviews is understandable given how crazy some fans get; it's hard to be gracious all the time, especially when faced with some of those obnoxious 'journalists'. He comes across as very professional and reticent to show off his broad range of skills. It's an interesting paradox that some actors really aren't comfortable stepping out as themselves and I guess it makes sense - after all, they become famous for playing people who they AREN'T, after all.

Tyger's quite right about why Lucas is such an attractive character. It's not just because he's so good looking (although let's face it, he really is). It's because there's a strong sense of undiscovered depths and intellect. So I'm a newly converted RA fan. Not that I didn't like him before, but now I think he'd probably be a really nice guy to have a beer with, and that's my benchmark.