Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Richard Armitage - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Richard Armitage (/thread-563.html)

RE: Richard Armitage - wildcatuk1969 - 14-02-2010 10:53 PM

gives us an excuse to watch the adverts...... could listen to his voice all day and night.... its like warm fine bourbon : tasty and very smooth x

RE: Richard Armitage - kirmostar - 15-02-2010 08:31 AM

Well he's got me...I'm buying an Alfa Romeo Mito....and opening an account with Santander......not to mention watching the Olympics....Blush

RE: Richard Armitage - aquamarine - 15-02-2010 08:35 PM

Well - you are obviously all RA experts (I'm catching up!) so here's a question for you...
I read on a forum somewhere (can't remember where - old age!) that RA auditioned for the eleventh Doctor. Now while he would be more than capable (too capable probably) I really just can't see it somehow.

Anyone else heard anything about that? I'm doubting it's true but if it is it's an interesting view of his potential career development!

RE: Richard Armitage - kirmostar - 16-02-2010 09:48 PM

I doubt that doesn't seem right for him....not the direction he would want I don't think.

RE: Richard Armitage - aquamarine - 17-02-2010 09:59 AM

Not right at all - and I can't see him taking a part that it is impossible to ever escape from. IF it is true he auditioned maybe it's one of those invitations you just can't turn down.

RE: Richard Armitage - i luv lucas - 17-02-2010 12:42 PM

I have tried googling this, I can't find anything about him auditioning for Dr Who, as Kirmostar and aquamarine say, it is an impoosible role to escape, so it is very doubtful!!

RE: Richard Armitage - aquamarine - 17-02-2010 07:49 PM

I've cranked up my decrepit memory and have managed to find the original reference - it was on Digital Spy here post #59 http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1190266&page=3

I don't spend much time on there so have no idea if the poster is known for insider info or not but it just seems so unlikely - and the most unlikely things often turn out to be true so I can’t help wondering.

I doubt we'll ever know... but might be interesting to ponder on the RA Doctor's outfit... leather would surely have to feature somehow!!

RE: Richard Armitage - BoHenley - 24-02-2010 10:34 AM

I disagree. I reckon he'd make a brilliant Dr Who. Most of the actors have some way of making the character "their own," and it'd be neat to see how he'd do it (leather comes to mind...). Remember, work is work for any actor, and as I read somewhere that he "knew what it was like to be out of work," I rather think that if he had no work forthcoming, he'd seriously look at it. But I also appreciate that it can be stifling to get other roles once you're known as "The Doctor" (but Peter Davidson and David Tennant seem to have broken free quite okay). In the acting world, I think it's probably better to be known for SOMETHING in the wider "non-Spooks (and non-Robin Hood and other RA roles)" world. (Is there a non-Spooks world?)
Just my (probably limited and idealistic) views...

RE: Richard Armitage - nadiatw - 25-02-2010 12:34 PM

According to RA's page at United Agents (has been updated). RA has begun filming Spooks.
"Richard is currently shooting his regular role as LUCAS NORTH in SPOOKS."
http://unitedagents.co.uk/richard-armitage

RE: Richard Armitage - i luv lucas - 25-02-2010 01:35 PM

Cool Nadia!!
He is also narrating the natural world on BBc HD and BBC2 on 04/03/10 at 8pm, and the George Gently with Richard in is also supposed to be on ALIBI 05/03/10 at 23.45, however this is the 2nd time that this has been advertised, and the last time they screened a different one!!