Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Richard Armitage - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Richard Armitage (/thread-563.html)

RE: Richard Armitage - nadiatw - 27-02-2010 12:03 AM

Richard stars as Robert Lovelace in the BBC Radio 4 dramatisation of Samuel Richardson’s Clarissa, serialised in four parts and starting on Sunday 14 March 3.00 – 4.00pm.
More information on the BBC Press Office webpage.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginfo/radio/2010/wk11/sun.shtml#sun_serial

RE: Richard Armitage - kirmostar - 03-03-2010 04:35 PM

Just found a Cold Feet book I never even realised I had, have scanned in the 2 pics of RA that are in it...what a poppet
Smile

RE: Richard Armitage - Nia M - 03-03-2010 05:52 PM

Ooh, pretty pictures... Tongue

RE: Richard Armitage - Skully - 04-03-2010 12:53 AM

I just read this thread from start to finish - you lot are hilarious! Especially you, kirmostar! I've been giggling like crazy.

RA as The Doctor? That would be awesome - I doubt Captain Jack could control himself! As far as I know the Doctor auditions are a very closely guarded secret (conducted like a silent op!), so I'd take reports of who auditioned with a grain of salt - but you never know! It is hard to imagine RA as the Doctor but I don't think we've come anywhere near seeing RA's full range yet. I think it would be fun to see him play that role.

I always like reading RA interviews, he seems very thoughtful and insightful with his answers. I love that he read Engels in preparation for North and South (being a sociologist, that caught my attention) and a bio on William Blake for Lucas North (a cool detail about Lucas's character, I think!).

And as for the cello, that's my favourite instrument! So beautiful and melancholy. I'd love to learn to play myself but I have dodgy tendons in my fingers, it's too painful. RA playing the cello, good lord, that I would love to see.

RE: Richard Armitage - Nia M - 05-03-2010 12:06 AM

(04-03-2010 12:53 AM)Skully Wrote:  And as for the cello, that's my favourite instrument! So beautiful and melancholy. I'd love to learn to play myself but I have dodgy tendons in my fingers, it's too painful. RA playing the cello, good lord, that I would love to see.
Gosh so would I Heart
Does anyone know if he sings? Because him + cello + singing in that wonderful voice of his = me very very happy!

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 05-03-2010 12:39 AM

ever since I found out that he plays various instruments, and heard THAT voice, I've been wondering if he did actually sing too... he seems to have a musical ear, doing all those voices in the audio books .. really interesting approach to that too, according to the interview on the Naxos/Venetia site...

RE: Richard Armitage - Skully - 05-03-2010 12:41 AM

(05-03-2010 12:06 AM)Nia M Wrote:  Gosh so would I Heart
Does anyone know if he sings? Because him + cello + singing in that wonderful voice of his = me very very happy!

I think he's been in a few musicals? So he must be able to hold a note! I recall a wee bit of singing in one of the Robin Hood audio books which RA narrates. He has to sing for a female character though - it's sweet!

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 05-03-2010 12:45 AM

Musicals? What musicals?!?! What have I missed?
I bet he'd fare much better at karaoke than the average Englishman (the ones I know, anyways Tongue)
pity they'll never, ever let Lucas sing... ever.

RE: Richard Armitage - Skully - 05-03-2010 12:50 AM

(05-03-2010 12:45 AM)TygerBright Wrote:  Musicals? What musicals?!?! What have I missed? I bet he'd fare much better at karaoke than the average Englishman (the ones I know, anyways Tongue)
pity they'll never, ever let Lucas sing... ever.

Lucas, sing? In the shower, maybe? Smile

I think he was in Cats years ago. Yep, RA in a leotard. I'll leave you to compute the implications...

Thanks for posting the link, btw, TygerBright!

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 05-03-2010 12:53 AM

(05-03-2010 12:50 AM)Skully Wrote:  Lucas, sing? In the shower, maybe? Smile

I think he was in Cats years ago. Yep, RA in a leotard. I'll leave you to compute the implications...

a) don't I wish?!?!
b) to (mis)quote Harry, I'm itemising the consequences ...of computing the implications.. probably out (too)loud... thanks for putting pictures in my head.. (kirmostar - spare room?!? )