Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Richard Armitage - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Richard Armitage (/thread-563.html)

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 11-03-2010 04:35 PM

..could have been his chance to step onto the big stage though. It might not be a Hollywood blockbuster but from what I've read, heard and seen so far it's going to be an excellent film (if all goes to plan).
Not that I'm complaining about seeing more of him on the small screen but it's time to show the world that he's more than just a gorgeous a.. ctor. Some people are just plain TV actors, excellent ones mind, but can't carry it over onto the big screen. He could. I think it's a missed chance.
..that, and the thought that the film might be shown/promoted at the Berlin Film Festival next February.. not being selfish and all that but ... Tongue

RE: Richard Armitage - kirmostar - 11-03-2010 04:55 PM

Agreed he is way more than a gorgeous a......sorry a gorgeous actor....but he doesn't have anything to prove in my book....plenty of time for him to do movies.....I love his TV work SO much.....and I would hate to lose him to Hollywood

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 11-03-2010 05:24 PM

he has more than once mentioned that he doesn't want to act for the rest of his career but rather direct.. and he strikes me as someone who doesn't just say that because it's fashionable.. I'd like to see him try cinema before he decides to pack it in..

AND you might want to ponder this: If/when he gets his first big screen role there will be way more of him than on your or my small(ish) TV.. just imagine a wide-screen cinema-version boiler suit sort of scene..

I'll leave you to compute the implications Tongue Big Grin

RE: Richard Armitage - kirmostar - 11-03-2010 05:58 PM

ok I'm computing........still computing.......and deep breaths kirmo.......deep breaths......Smile
his bottom looks lovely on my 42" plasma though........

RE: Richard Armitage - LucasNorthFan - 11-03-2010 09:03 PM

(11-03-2010 05:24 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  If/when he gets his first big screen role there will be way more of him than on your or my small(ish) TV.. just imagine a wide-screen cinema-version boiler suit sort of scene..

I'll leave you to compute the implications Tongue Big Grin

Computing implications and... ThudThudThud

It wasn't my type of film either but I knew he would do a great job with the character + some wider exposure not only to the public (although I'm a bit divided in that matter, not sure if I want to share Shy ) but also with producers and directors who could offer him interesting projects.

LNF Smile

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 12-03-2010 01:28 AM

awwwh.. so get what you mean Wink but there is enough of him to go around.. and I think we should put "selfish" on hold for a minute or so.. just thinking long-term... for his sake as much as ours..all that untapped potential... he definitely needs exposure (keep breathing kirmo, deep in.. deep out.. and mind the gutter Tongue Big Grin)

RE: Richard Armitage - femaleBertieWooster - 12-03-2010 04:54 AM

What is the plot of Charlie and other incidentals? It may be in another thread but I never did find out.

RE: Richard Armitage - JHyde - 12-03-2010 12:47 PM

I've always thought Armitage is wonderfully thoughtful about the WHOLE production, the entire picture, so I'm not surprised to hear that he's hoping to direct later in life. I really hope that works out for him, much as I will miss him in front of the camera.

Plus, I daresay there is a many a woman who wouldn't mind being told what to do and when by Mr Armitage.

Poor guy probably just blushed somewhere.

RE: Richard Armitage - Lizziecaro - 12-03-2010 03:25 PM

In one of his recent interviews it was hinted that there might be further stories about the Strike Back characters so there might be filming coming up for that which cuts across Charlie's timetable. He is also trying to get a production going about Richard III and it looks as if this is gathering some interest. Smile

RE: Richard Armitage - kirmostar - 12-03-2010 04:20 PM

(12-03-2010 01:28 AM)TygerBright Wrote:  awwwh.. so get what you mean Wink but there is enough of him to go around.. and I think we should put "selfish" on hold for a minute or so.. just thinking long-term... for his sake as much as ours..all that untapped potential... he definitely needs exposure (keep breathing kirmo, deep in.. deep out.. and mind the gutter Tongue Big Grin)

trying really really hard............nah, thoughts totally in the gutter sorry Smile