Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Richard Armitage - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Richard Armitage (/thread-563.html)

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 28-03-2010 03:46 PM

Vicomte de Valmont.. got my teeth in that one. The more I think about it the more I wish someone would consider a remake.. even though John Malkovich is an almost impossible act to follow.
still.. imagine, if you will..
[Image: RA-Valmont.png]
I now have a "Dangerous Liaisons - the Spooks Way" wallpaper that makes me giggle...

RE: Richard Armitage - Beatriz - 28-03-2010 06:47 PM

LOL that's awesome! hahahaha

RE: Richard Armitage - LucasNorthFan - 28-03-2010 09:14 PM

Have you heard Clarissa part 3??? Thud

RA has finally make me hate one of his characters. It's indignant to heard all his machinations against Clarissa and in the other hand I hear him sweet-talk her in that seductive voice and for a moment I forget he's a liar and doesn't seem to care for her. He can do so much with his voice.

'Are you testing our friendship too, Toby?' LOL

I also feel bad for Dorcas, I like her, she's a good girl.

Now the end left me... :O :O :O

LNF Smile

RE: Richard Armitage - HellsBells - 29-03-2010 03:26 PM

Still haven't got round to listening to Clarissa yet, as I have been ill. But read the write up in radio Times, sounds like Lovelace is a nasty character ! Not sure I want to listen to it now.

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 29-03-2010 04:10 PM

oh but you must.. it's true, you can't but despise Lovelace (and at the same time be beguiled) but it's testament to RA's amazing ability.. I thought part 2 was good but he's topped it yet again.. cajoling, crying, coaxing, charming, and cruelly cozening.. worth listening to. And again Big Grin

RE: Richard Armitage - livinglovingmad - 07-04-2010 08:59 PM

(28-03-2010 03:46 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  Vicomte de Valmont.. got my teeth in that one. The more I think about it the more I wish someone would consider a remake.. even though John Malkovich is an almost impossible act to follow.
still.. imagine, if you will..
[Image: RA-Valmont.png]
I now have a "Dangerous Liaisons - the Spooks Way" wallpaper that makes me giggle...

Good job on the 'Shop!

I still have to listen to part 4 of Clarissa. But have enjoyed this series immensely. Now I'm looking forward to Strike Back which didn't interest me at first apart from RA. But the trailer looks good!

RE: Richard Armitage - Lizziecaro - 09-04-2010 04:37 PM

Great signature TB – HM and RA look fantastic in C18th costume.

Re: Sharpe. I too have been banging on about RA being the perfect Sharpe on a number of sites. He has all the physical attributes – tall, lean, black hair. He also has a greater range of acting skills than SB – (sorry to his fans) and is capable of speaking in a southern accent, as Sharpe was brought up in the ‘stews’ of London. Sharpe also has a disfiguring scar on his face which I think RA would have no qualms about wearing. Shame he was the wasn't old enough and experienced enough when they started the production.

The Royal Green Jackets (aka the Rifles) Museum in Winchester sells a statuette of a rifleman which I think is based on the description of Sharpe, and which therefore looks a little like RA (if you use a bit of imagination).

And re: A Tale of Two Cities – it’s not a great book but in the right hands could make good drama and its ages since a dramatisation has been done. RA could easily do both Sidney Carlton and Charles Darnay.

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 14-04-2010 10:06 PM

soooo - May and with it Strike Back is just around the corner, Sky up their advertising efforts, almost daily a new trailer ..and quite some bait it is!! Not sure how they do it but it seems chock-a-block with great acting AND action... I can't wait!!
Wor man looks dead fit and in the latest trailer there's a brief glimpse of GoingMad the Armitage way.. very reminiscent of Lucas in 8.4 .. only more so.
First 2 eps are on Sky1 Wed 5 May, 9pm, repeats on Sky2 on Thur 6 May 9pm and Sky1/Sky1 HD on Fri 7 May 10pm.
BAFTA pre-screening first 2 eps Monday 19th at 6.15pm .. anyone going?

RE: Richard Armitage - carole9908 - 14-04-2010 10:47 PM

Yes, I'm going with a friend who has yet to be introduced to the wonder that is Richard Armitage - well, she's from NZ...

RE: Richard Armitage - MysteryloverAnne - 15-04-2010 12:11 AM

Oh....that preview looks amazing! Thanks for the link, TygerBright.