Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Richard Armitage - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Richard Armitage (/thread-563.html)

RE: Richard Armitage - JHyde - 10-07-2010 06:50 PM

There are links to Strike Back available on the Grid, which is the section available to Spooks.

RE: Richard Armitage - LucasNorthFan - 11-07-2010 01:19 PM

(09-07-2010 09:15 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  Not saying I wish I hadn't but I've so far rarely been tempted to re-watch, except for single scenes...

I'm very glad I watched at the time, the whole anticipation and following discussion was great.
I agree with you though, I'm not much tempted to re-watch either. I watched eps 4&5 yesterday, I enjoyed it again, especially because I wasn't focused on understanding the dialogues but I was in the details of his acting and...his gorgeousness of course (can't deny it). It was a lot of fun for my shallow self but the story-line is too much boys&guns for my taste.

I like the first 2 eps better and if temped to rewatch, I only think of those. IMVHO, for eye candy on the rest of eps, I have music vids Blush

OML Smile

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 20-07-2010 09:06 PM

Alreet, there are rumours that RA might get/has been casted in the role of Union Jack in the upcoming Captain America movie.
There were apparently 3 of them (I'm not that much of a comics conoisseur/buff) but all three are losely described as "superbly athletic with no no superhuman powers, trained in the field of espionage, ...and highly trained in armed and unarmed combat...."
Yay. Sounds like a costume/role wor man could fill Big Grin (imagine, if you will, ladies, a skin-tight costume over that body *reaches for drool bucket*
And he'd get that stupid Hollywood notion (as in "you're considered a failure if you haven't been in a HW movie") out of his system Tongue

RE: Richard Armitage - silverbirch - 20-07-2010 09:23 PM

Ooh TygerBright where did you hear or see this rumour?

RE: Richard Armitage - livinglovingmad - 20-07-2010 09:38 PM

(20-07-2010 09:23 PM)silverbirch Wrote:  Ooh TygerBright where did you hear or see this rumour?

Nick Gillard (someone said he's the "stunt guy" on the set of Spooks) told fans who were visiting the set on 2 different occasions (one at the bermondsey shoot last week, another at the wandsworth shoot on sunday) that RA was supposed to be in Captain America after Spooks wrapped up. But he didn't mention a character, so Union Jack is just the fan's speculation.

At any rate it seems reliable so we'll just have to wait and see if all goes through. Maybe it'll be confirmed at comic con this weekend?

In the meantime I'm not getting my hopes up. Even if it's true it might end up being a very small part Confused

RE: Richard Armitage - MysteryloverAnne - 20-07-2010 09:38 PM

I did a basic Google search and the most I could come up with is the possibility it will be filmed in Britain. I would be interested in seeing anything more solid.

RE: Richard Armitage - livinglovingmad - 20-07-2010 09:44 PM

(20-07-2010 09:38 PM)MysteryloverAnne Wrote:  I did a basic Google search and the most I could come up with is the possibility it will be filmed in Britain. I would be interested in seeing anything more solid.

This blog entry might be of interest. I'm not sure when it was originally posted, but so far they've been right about at least 2 of the cast, maybe they'll be right about RA as well. Plus one of the commenters seems to think he's in it Wink

I'll post anything else I come across.

RE: Richard Armitage - LucasNorthFan - 22-07-2010 03:53 PM

Yes it has been said twice by the stuntman if only he owuld had hinted at the character RA'd be playing! Or maybe he thought the obvious option is Jack Union so didn't thought it might be necessary to name it?

We'll have to wait...

LNF Smile

RE: Richard Armitage - deebab - 28-07-2010 09:04 PM

I hope theres some truth in this item and Richard is indeed doing Strikeback 2

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/07/28/global-strike-action-115875-22445455/

RE: Richard Armitage - Maike - 30-07-2010 10:09 AM

In case anyone wants to vote for Richard, have a look at this: http://www.thehunkies.com/richard-armitage/

Alex O’Loughlin is ahead at the moment and RA needs every vote!