Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Richard Armitage - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Richard Armitage (/thread-563.html)

RE: Richard Armitage - deebab - 03-08-2010 09:15 PM

I will sign your petition BoHenley. I am sure Richard would moan about being seen as a sex object but despite all of his protestations he's always a little to willing to take his top off in many of his roles.

RE: Richard Armitage - A Cousin - 04-08-2010 03:50 PM

If you can stomach some Georgian/Regency Romance by one of the best at it and read by RA, these could be very yummy!

http://www.amazon.com/Venetia-Georgette-Heyer/dp/1843793792/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280936654&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Convenient-Marriage-Naxos-Classic-Fiction/dp/1843794411/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280936919&sr=1-1

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 04-08-2010 08:18 PM

not bad those two (and Sylvester) but none of the Victorian adventures beats Lords of the North (not in my book Smile) .. I wish he'd do another Cornwell novel.
as for SB - wonder a) if 10 episodes means 10 stand-alones, or if there will be a story arc, and b) who the writers might be.. nowt wrong with 'shirt removal' scenes but even I'd get bored after 3 eps of brawn and no brains...
x-over with Spooks would be neat, maybe he really could be Lucas' evil twin, or pre-MI5 Lucas, or ... gah! too much to speculate on.

RE: Richard Armitage - HellsBells - 05-08-2010 03:08 PM

(04-08-2010 08:18 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  I wish he'd do another Cornwell novel.
Has he already done a Cornwell novel?
I've only listened to Sylvester and Venetia, Convenient Marriage will have to wait until the children are back at school. I just love RA doing audio books.

I assumed 10 Strike Back episodes would mean 5 two parts as before. And I agree a little more brains would be good.

RE: Richard Armitage - Lizziecaro - 09-08-2010 09:23 AM

(04-08-2010 08:18 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  not bad those two (and Sylvester) but none of the Victorian adventures beats Lords of the North (not in my book Smile) .. I wish he'd do another Cornwell novel.

I agree with TB. LOTN is a superb piece of acting - it's like listening to a radio play but with all the very distinctive characters played by one man. I deserves an award for that one! I also wish that he could read more Cornwell novels, especially to continue Uthred's story.

His narration of the Heyer novels is also extremely skilled, he has caught the style of her writing so well and again his capacity to give the characters such different voices proves what a exciting actor he is. It annoys me that casting directors don't seem to understand his versatility and give him no more to do than look angry, anguished or in pain!

Point of info TB. The Heyer novels are not Victorian - TCM is set in Georgian times and Sylvester and Venitia are set in the Regency period - different set of social manners and morals entirely from those of the Victorian period.

RE: Richard Armitage - tyme4t - 09-08-2010 10:15 AM

Richard Armitage could read the phone book and make it sound great Wink

RE: Richard Armitage - BoHenley - 09-08-2010 10:40 AM

I'll deliver a phone book to his door and ask him. Any other takers? [stand in line]

RE: Richard Armitage - deebab - 09-08-2010 06:09 PM

BoHenley, Can you take the yellow pages too & then get him to show off his muscles by tearing it in half......

RE: Richard Armitage - BoHenley - 09-08-2010 08:39 PM

Absolutely! I'd suggest he wear either that tight T-shirt - or better, NO SHIRT - and I'll be generous - we form a circle around him (and drool!) Angel

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 10-08-2010 05:27 PM

(09-08-2010 09:23 AM)Lizziecaro Wrote:  Point of info TB. The Heyer novels are not Victorian - TCM is set in Georgian times and Sylvester and Venitia are set in the Regency period - different set of social manners and morals entirely from those of the Victorian period.

thanks for clearing that up, shows how little I bother to check things I'm not particularly into Wink more medieval or modern maid, me Big Grin
must take - or first make - time to educate self better, not something we were taught here much, back when I was in school.. no excuse though Big Grin