Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Richard Armitage - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Richard Armitage (/thread-563.html)

RE: Richard Armitage - livinglovingmad - 24-09-2010 04:14 PM

(24-09-2010 01:22 PM)tyme4t Wrote:  So is Richard Armitage in Captain America? I've seen posts of pics & I guess there is now video of filming in Manchester...but IMDB still doesn't list him in the cast....

Yup! An eye witness confirmed he'll be playing a character called Heinz Kruger, who murders Dr. Erskine after turning Steve Rogers into Captain America.

RE: Richard Armitage - BravoNine - 24-09-2010 04:23 PM

(24-09-2010 04:14 PM)livinglovingmad Wrote:  
(24-09-2010 01:22 PM)tyme4t Wrote:  So is Richard Armitage in Captain America? I've seen posts of pics & I guess there is now video of filming in Manchester...but IMDB still doesn't list him in the cast....

Yup! An eye witness confirmed he'll be playing a character called Heinz Kruger, who murders Dr. Erskine after turning Steve Rogers into Captain America.

Intriguing indeed, if following the comics, then I guess it's a rather short appearance then....but that is very cool, he's playing another spy! Albeit this time for Germany....Smile

RE: Richard Armitage - tyme4t - 24-09-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:Yup! An eye witness confirmed he'll be playing a character called Heinz Kruger, who murders Dr. Erskine after turning Steve Rogers into Captain America.

So he's a bad guy then...right? I'm not into comics and have no idea if that's good or bad (although I am leaning towards bad Blush)

RE: Richard Armitage - BravoNine - 24-09-2010 06:00 PM

(24-09-2010 05:56 PM)tyme4t Wrote:  
Quote:Yup! An eye witness confirmed he'll be playing a character called Heinz Kruger, who murders Dr. Erskine after turning Steve Rogers into Captain America.

So he's a bad guy then...right? I'm not into comics and have no idea if that's good or bad (although I am leaning towards bad Blush)

Yes, the character in the comics was a Nazi spy. I'm not sure how they will fit the plot for the new Captain America movie, but either way, the character will most likely be a bad guy/henchman, and suffer a very short fate/future....at least it was that way in the comics...

RE: Richard Armitage - tyme4t - 24-09-2010 08:14 PM

So RA fans (who are not Captain America/comic book fans) will have to balance the price of movie admission against the chance to see RA on the BIG screen....NO CONTEST - I'll go to the movie Wink

Heck I paid to see MM in Robin Hood just to see him on the big screen and his time on screen time totalled maybe 5 minutes - the movie was meh...MM was Heart

RE: Richard Armitage - livinglovingmad - 24-09-2010 09:58 PM

(24-09-2010 06:00 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  
(24-09-2010 05:56 PM)tyme4t Wrote:  

Yes, the character in the comics was a Nazi spy. I'm not sure how they will fit the plot for the new Captain America movie, but either way, the character will most likely be a bad guy/henchman, and suffer a very short fate/future....at least it was that way in the comics...

Well he's filming 2 scenes in Manchester today before going to Liverpool to do more. So hopefully we'll see him for at least a few minutes in the final product!

RE: Richard Armitage - BoHenley - 24-09-2010 10:21 PM

A Nazi spy? FANTASTIC! Sound like a significant part (killing Dr Erskine) even if it is small. And it's one foot in the door to movies, something he's been yearning for, although I'm happy if he stays with the excellent quality of great UK TV (drama).
(24-09-2010 10:38 AM)BravoNine Wrote:  I've got all the scenes worked out in my head, although I may wait to make the vid just to see how Series 9 will pan out for my boys.

Right now, my vid makers are driving me insane, none of them wants to cooperate with me, so I'm still fixing a few things, but I do plan on getting this vid done soon!

When I heard the song "I'd Come For You", scenes of Harry and Lucas just popped into my head, the song was so perfect for them!! The lyrics "I'd crawl across this world for you, do anything you want me to" was such a perfect match to when Lucas went to Moscow (even with all its bad memories) simply because Harry asked him to. And just all the lyrics "I'd fight for you, I'd lie it's true, give my life for you" fit Harry and Lucas so well!!

I'm planning to break it down to two parts, the first part of the song will be from Harry's POV, and the second part of the song will be from Lucas's.

I truly hope Series 9 will deliver some good Harry/Lucas moments, maybe I can use it for the vid!!Cool

That's amazing! Can't wait to see the final product!

RE: Richard Armitage - MysteryloverAnne - 25-09-2010 12:25 AM

(24-09-2010 04:14 PM)livinglovingmad Wrote:  

Bummer! I thought the rumor was he was playing the British equivalent of Captain America. Angry Well, any RA is better than no RA. Blush

RE: Richard Armitage - VaBookworm87 - 27-09-2010 11:10 PM

(24-09-2010 10:21 PM)BoHenley Wrote:  A Nazi spy? FANTASTIC! Sound like a significant part (killing Dr Erskine) even if it is small. And it's one foot in the door to movies, something he's been yearning for, although I'm happy if he stays with the excellent quality of great UK TV (drama).

I completely agree! Kudos to him for heading for the big screen, but I'm happy to keep him on my TV so long as he keeps producing quality stuff Smile

RE: Richard Armitage - Maike - 28-09-2010 02:49 PM

(25-09-2010 12:25 AM)MysteryloverAnne Wrote:  Bummer! I thought the rumor was he was playing the British equivalent of Captain America. Angry Well, any RA is better than no RA. Blush

That would be Union Jack. It was purely wishful thinking respectively speculation that he might play that character. Apparently JJ Feild got that part or a variation of it called Falsworth.