Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Richard Armitage - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Richard Armitage (/thread-563.html)

RE: Richard Armitage - BravoNine - 15-10-2010 05:32 AM

(08-10-2010 10:25 PM)BoHenley Wrote:  But the end of series champagne has me a bit worried. Sounds "a little final," doesn't it? I really hope his character of Lucas makes it through to S10.

Maybe it's something they do every year to celebrate another great year finished, I mean, I know lots of shows do that when filming is over, they have a little celebration.

I really hope he makes it through to Series 10 as well!!! I don't wanna find another character to love....Undecided

RE: Richard Armitage - livinglovingmad - 22-10-2010 05:06 AM

OMG!!! http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b206995_hobbit_gets_its_bilbomdashand_many.html

and the nice things Peter Jackson has to say about RA: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/heat-vision/peter-jackson-and-new-line-32059

THIS IS INCREDIBLE

RE: Richard Armitage - BravoNine - 22-10-2010 05:34 AM

(22-10-2010 05:06 AM)livinglovingmad Wrote:  OMG!!! http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b206995_hobbit_gets_its_bilbomdashand_many.html

and the nice things Peter Jackson has to say about RA: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/heat-vision/peter-jackson-and-new-line-32059

THIS IS INCREDIBLE

This is indeed incredible for RA's career, but it seems to be the herald of the dark fate for our beloved Lucas North. If RA is gonna be off doing some serious LOTR filming, then he won't have time along with Strike Back and Captain America to really film Spooks.Undecided

Oh I really don't want to loose Lucas, I just hope if they have to kill him, then let him die a hero and not a villain!!

RE: Richard Armitage - yorkshiretyke - 22-10-2010 06:45 AM

Looks like its bye bye Lucus!

RE: Richard Armitage - BravoNine - 22-10-2010 07:41 AM

(22-10-2010 06:45 AM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  Looks like its bye bye Lucus!

It's a possibility, but that'll depend on how RA wants to schedule his time, and for all we know, Lucas could have a similar exit like Tom's. Not everyone has to die. And seeing as how RA is also doing Strike Back which airs in late 2011, he could work out a time slot. I mean, Martin Freeman's also doing Sherlock's second series and he was able to work out the scheduling conflicts.

I am glad however that Richard's talents are being recognized, it was nice that Peter Jackson is quoted as saying, "Richard is one of the most exciting and dynamic actors working on screen today and we know he is going to make an amazing Thorin Oakenshield. We cannot wait to start this adventure with him and feel very lucky that one of the most beloved characters in Middle Earth is in such good hands."

Either way how Lucas's storyline works out, this LOTR deal is gonna be a HUGE boost to Richard's fame and career!

RE: Richard Armitage - BoHenley - 22-10-2010 09:16 AM

That's fantastic news for RA, Yahoo but sounds like it's goodbye to Lucas. Well, he did give us enough in-your-face HINTS about how he'd like his character to go out.

But I have to smile a little. Richard's 6'2" - and he's playing the leader of a company of DWARVES?

Then again, if it does get filmed in New Zealand (not confirmed), that's not far from Australia, and a flight to NZ is...Angel

RE: Richard Armitage - BravoNine - 22-10-2010 09:30 AM

(22-10-2010 09:16 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  That's fantastic news for RA, Yahoo but sounds like it's goodbye to Lucas. Well, he did give us enough in-your-face HINTS about how he'd like his character to go out.

Yes, a major role in a huge film franchise is most definitely VERY good news indeed!

Let's just hope that Lucas does have a good exit. Richard did say that he didn't care how Lucas went as long as it was a good death, so I hope the writers deliver on that.

(22-10-2010 09:16 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  But I have to smile a little. Richard's 6'2" - and he's playing the leader of a company of DWARVES?

Well John Rhys-Davies was 6'1" and he played Gimli, so not that hard to picture! LOL! Big Grin

Looks like Richard's gonna have to go back to more Sir-Guy-type of costume and make-up with all this dwarf stuff!Wink

(22-10-2010 09:16 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  Then again, if it does get filmed in New Zealand (not confirmed), that's not far from Australia, and a flight to NZ is...Angel

It is reported that filming begins in New Zealand next February.

RE: Richard Armitage - BoHenley - 22-10-2010 09:35 AM

(22-10-2010 09:30 AM)BravoNine Wrote:  Well John Rhys-Davies was 6'1" and he played Gimli, so not that hard to picture! LOL! Big Grin

Yes, I'd forgotten JRD is so tall.

(22-10-2010 09:30 AM)BravoNine Wrote:  Looks like Richard's gonna have to go back to more Sir-Guy-type of costume and make-up with all this dwarf stuff!Wink

Yahoo This I can take ANYTIME. I'll assist him with his costume... Angel

RE: Richard Armitage - YourFutureMuse - 22-10-2010 10:26 AM

Eeek Big Grin I hate lord of the ringd but it's just got a whole lot more interesting! Wink
But however good news this is I am begging for Lucas not to go!!

RE: Richard Armitage - GrendelKhan - 22-10-2010 10:38 AM

I just exploded in geektastic love for Mr. Armitage.
I hope that the schedule for The Hobbit lets him continue working on Spooks.