Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Richard Armitage - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Richard Armitage (/thread-563.html)

RE: Richard Armitage - tyme4t - 22-10-2010 10:54 AM

So this Tolkien guy...he writes good books - huh? And Peter Jackson...is he one of the the Jackson 5?

As you can hopefully tell I am not a fantasy fan...however, ahem, I will be going to see this movie Wink

RE: Richard Armitage - BravoNine - 22-10-2010 11:59 AM

(22-10-2010 10:26 AM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  Eeek Big Grin I hate lord of the ringd but it's just got a whole lot more interesting! Wink
But however good news this is I am begging for Lucas not to go!!

Suicida Hate Lord of the Rings? Suicida

Anyways, I too am begging Lucas not to go!! You think it'll work if I kneel in front of him and beg? I can do that! I have no shame!Confused

(22-10-2010 10:38 AM)GrendelKhan Wrote:  I just exploded in geektastic love for Mr. Armitage.
I hope that the schedule for The Hobbit lets him continue working on Spooks.

From your mouth to the Spooks writers' ears!!

(22-10-2010 10:54 AM)tyme4t Wrote:  So this Tolkien guy...he writes good books - huh? And Peter Jackson...is he one of the the Jackson 5?

As you can hopefully tell I am not a fantasy fan...however, ahem, I will be going to see this movie Wink

Tolkien, Peter Jackson, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy only dominated the world for like half a decade!!!!Silba

The trilogy took 8 years to finish the filming, and won 17 Oscars in total.

You must watch Lord of the Rings! It is only one of the biggest and best film trilogies ever!

Here's a super trailer that includes all three films: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nqdPnCEUOY

I can't wait to see Richard in The Hobbit!! Now I can add more of my favorite actors into the list of the LOTR legacy!! This is gonna do wonders for Richard's career, being a part of this film franchise will change everything!

RE: Richard Armitage - femaleBertieWooster - 22-10-2010 07:16 PM

They could have an arc where Lucas is in prison, or on some mission in another country, maybe China to explore the current plot more. Lots of phone calls to the grid, etc. It would be easy to mask that he was in New Zealand.

He doesn't have to be the bad guy this season and leave, or die and leave.

I'll be happy when he starts getting Harrison Ford type roles. And certainly he's long overdue for a big screen period drama.

RE: Richard Armitage - Naivety - 22-10-2010 07:23 PM

Maybe one day he'll play James Bond! Or would that be type casting?

RE: Richard Armitage - femaleBertieWooster - 22-10-2010 07:25 PM

(22-10-2010 07:23 PM)Naivety Wrote:  Maybe one day he'll play James Bond! Or would that be type casting?

I can see it easily.

RE: Richard Armitage - BoHenley - 22-10-2010 09:33 PM

He'd be terrific as Bond, but carries with it (unfortunately) the threat of typecasting that I don't think he'd want. He'd be even better as a Bond baddie, something he's commented on before.

LOTR? WOW!!! I must confess, I thought The Hobbit book was a bit ho-hum (my opinion only, millions disagree), but after reading it AFTER reading LOTR, you could probably say that about any book. Still, I'm happy to read it again, put RA in Thorin's role and love it to bits. I'm so corruptible. Silba

I'm still trying to work out if this is what RA meant when he said "my next job involves a lot of deep, dark water." Any Hobbit-o-philes remember if that's in the story?

And yes, I love him to do another period drama.

RE: Richard Armitage - Maike - 23-10-2010 05:32 PM

(22-10-2010 09:33 PM)BoHenley Wrote:  I'm still trying to work out if this is what RA meant when he said "my next job involves a lot of deep, dark water." Any Hobbit-o-philes remember if that's in the story?

That refers most likely to Captain America
Spoiler: show
as we know that they filmed a fight scene between RA and Chris Evans involving a mini submarine in Liverpool harbour with both actors soaking wet.

RE: Richard Armitage - Kazters - 23-10-2010 05:49 PM

good for him cant see him being a dwarf like lol lots of CGI me thinks cos he is lovely and tall! ;-) loved the hobbit and LOTR

RE: Richard Armitage - BoHenley - 24-10-2010 12:43 AM

(23-10-2010 05:32 PM)Maike Wrote:  
(22-10-2010 09:33 PM)BoHenley Wrote:  I'm still trying to work out if this is what RA meant when he said "my next job involves a lot of deep, dark water." Any Hobbit-o-philes remember if that's in the story?

That refers most likely to Captain America
as we know that they filmed a fight scene between RA and Chris Evans involving a mini submarine in Liverpool harbour with both actors soaking wet.

Maike, do you have a link for that spoiler please? I must've missed it (not quite up with following every thread for Captain America). The thought of RA soaking wet...Silba

RE: Richard Armitage - Maike - 24-10-2010 11:10 AM

(24-10-2010 12:43 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  Maike, do you have a link for that spoiler please? I must've missed it (not quite up with following every thread for Captain America). The thought of RA soaking wet...Silba

I cannot find a link at the moment, but somewhere on this site: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/

From what we have figured out from various on set reports, his character is involved in a car chase that is filmed in Manchester and ends in Liverpool harbour, both locations doubling for New York. He manages to get into a mini sub to escape but CA catches up with him and they fight. I suppose this is the end of his character.