Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Richard Armitage - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Richard Armitage (/thread-563.html)

RE: Richard Armitage - BravoNine - 08-11-2010 09:19 AM

I just quite hope that MF isn't leaving Sherlock, RA can easily exit Spooks or Strike Back and still return at a later time, but MF's pivotal role as Watson is rather hard to replace in Sherlock, and his chemistry with Benedict Cumberbatch is just simply too perfect!

Here's hoping that both RA and MF can find a good way to fix the filming issues! Smile Can't wait to see those boys in the Hobbit!

RE: Richard Armitage - Maike - 08-11-2010 09:43 AM

MF will definetely do Sherlock, they worked something out. It will only be 3x90 min, that doesn't take that much time to film. I have no idea how they do it, but filming of the LOTR trilogy took 14 months plus additional shots, so I guess filming two parts of The Hobbit will take about a year.

RE: Richard Armitage - BravoNine - 08-11-2010 09:48 AM

(08-11-2010 09:43 AM)Maike Wrote:  MF will definetely do Sherlock, they worked something out. It will only be 3x90 min, that doesn't take that much time to film. I have no idea how they do it, but filming of the LOTR trilogy took 14 months plus additional shots, so I guess filming two parts of The Hobbit will take about a year.

Well I think filming the Hobbit will take a considerably lesser time to do than the three part for LOTR. I mean, that was 3 huge long movies, AND it was their first time setting things up and not really knowing if the sets, the cinematography or make-ups or costumes would work. But now LOTR has set the background for it, they will be more ready for the Hobbit this time now they have experience. The trilogy was 8 years in the making, I think the Hobbit will take MUCH LESS time. LOL! Tongue

Considering they've already set release dates around December 2012 for the first part, I think maybe a year or less is a good time-table for how long filming may be.

But they're ready for the Hobbit this time, they got the experience and know how things work now, so I think it will be down much faster than LOTR ever was.

RE: Richard Armitage - BoHenley - 12-11-2010 10:07 AM

[Completely tongue-in-cheek]

Do you think the name Thorin is Dwarfish for "John?" (I mean, he's John in nearly every other series...)

RE: Richard Armitage - BravoNine - 12-11-2010 10:11 AM

(12-11-2010 10:07 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  [Completely tongue-in-cheek]

Do you think the name Thorin is Dwarfish for "John?" (I mean, he's John in nearly every other series...)

Oh great, it must be the John-curse rearing its ugly head again!Silba

Richard is doomed!

I'm curious as to why Richard still haven't announced his departure from Spooks yet, I mean, if Lucas is dead and Series 9 is done, surely he can announce his leaving? Or is this gonna be like for Hermione Norris where it took until right before the airing of the next series to give a confirmation?

RE: Richard Armitage - HellsBells - 12-11-2010 02:45 PM

Why would he announce his departure from the series, do they normally? Can't see him being in series 10, unless the series is about flashbacks in Harry's career and he might be in those (okay back to straw clutching again).

(12-11-2010 10:07 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  [Completely tongue-in-cheek]

Almost certainly!!!

RE: Richard Armitage - BravoNine - 12-11-2010 02:53 PM

(12-11-2010 02:45 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Why would he announce his departure from the series, do they normally? Can't see him being in series 10, unless the series is about flashbacks in Harry's career and he might be in those (okay back to straw clutching again).

Most of the actors who have departed have made confirmations that they are indeed leaving the series, unless when your character's death is very very explicitly shown like Ben, or Connie, or Colin, and others. Then I think confirmation is redundant but even then they say the actor is not coming back.

At least the main cast seems to make a mention of something in an article after their character is gone, or they make an announcement before their character exits. I mean, we had confirmation from Hermione Norris that she was leaving, same with Miranda Raison and Rupert Penry-Jones and Matthew MacFayden, and others as well.

I just would have thought that since the finale is finally over, there would be articles on the web saying that Richard Armitage is officially leaving the series. I mean, they implied he is dead, so either they are doing it like with Ros where we weren't sure for a whole hiatus that she would be back or not, OR Richard may be back to shoot some scenes for Series 10 if they go into investigating Harry's past?

I'm just curious, 'cause usually when a character leaves in a big dramatic ending like this, and especially one fate that was closely guarded as Lucas's, that when it's done, there would be official confirmation from either the BBC or from RA that he is not returning to the show.

I mean, when Rupert left, we knew he was leaving before Adam even went boom. Same thing with Matthew as Tom. I'm just curious at the surprising amount of the lack of news......

RE: Richard Armitage - HellsBells - 12-11-2010 04:26 PM

Could this be an excuse to clutch at those straws again. Keep your hand on that cookie jar, we might just need it!

RE: Richard Armitage - femaleBertieWooster - 12-11-2010 08:46 PM

I saw an article (sorry did not save the link) wherein Martin Freeman says he is getting a hiatus to film the new series of Sherlock. I see no reason why Jackson cannot schedule filming to allow RA to do likewise. There is really no profit in announcing anything about the cast for Spooks at this point.

Also, they need to stop hyping Richard as heart-throb, hunk, stud, etc. They need to just continue casting him and let nature take its course. When I don't know an actor and the hype precedes them, along with a photo which does them no justice, I always think "what are they on about?" He needs to be seen in action, showing his great presence to be fully appreciated. I would just say "Richard Armitage from North and South and Spooks has been cast." Then all interested will have a look and make their decisions, and we all know what happened to us.

RE: Richard Armitage - BoHenley - 12-11-2010 09:23 PM

[No, no, FBW, your sig should read AUSTRALIA, not Texas Big Grin ]

Could it be that Kudos are stringing us on about whether Lucas/RA returns? A good ploy to keep us interested in the show (hey, it's tactics, I don't blame them).

And yes, I agree about not advertising him as a hunk etc. The man has buckets of TALENT, and I'm sure he's sick of that label and wants to be known for his acting abilities. And anyway, why do we need to be TOLD that? One look is enough, isn't it? [forum melts with replies]