Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Richard Armitage - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Richard Armitage (/thread-563.html)

RE: Richard Armitage - kirmostar - 27-01-2010 09:18 PM

He can blinking blink as much as he blinking likes in my book cos he's blinking GORGEOUS :O)

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 27-01-2010 09:20 PM

oh abso-blinking-lutely!!! if you bat your lashes in time with him you won't even notice Big GrinBig Grin
I will have to re-watch all his other stuff tho, just to find out if it's an actor or a character thing. Poor me, 20 hours RA? That's tough but someone has to do it... the sacrifices you make Wink

RE: Richard Armitage - LucasNorthFan - 28-01-2010 11:46 AM

Thanks TygerBright for searching those vids, I really *haven't* notice how much he blinks.

By 'eyelashbattingmanoeuvre' I understood as when he bends down a little his head closes his eyes for 2 seconds and looks up. Sometimes he does it without bending down his head.

I've tried to look up for vid, I think there are others that illustrate it better but this is what I found
Spooks: Lucas North - Snake Charmer 1:18-1:20
[spooks] Lucas North "Weapon of choice" 2:28-2:31
Richard Armitage Spooks 0:19-0:22

LNF Smile

RE: Richard Armitage - Sirena - 28-01-2010 12:27 PM

(27-01-2010 08:41 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  maybe he does it on pupose to give Lucas a little trait that makes him minutely annoying, otherwise he'd be all too purr-fect.
Like I said, I love him dearly, and all in all he's my favourite RA character, but sometimes I feel like shouting at him "stop doing it!".. maybe it's a nervous tick brough back from Russia.. you know, getting all that water in your eyes, like. Big Grin

HAHAHAHA!!!
Hmm maybe it's pertinent to his character portrayal - a non-verbal clue that he is deceiving everyone.
Actions speak louder than words!

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 28-01-2010 01:01 PM

..he's not deceiving me.. only distracting Big Grin

RE: Richard Armitage - Nia M - 28-01-2010 05:12 PM

(28-01-2010 11:46 AM)LucasNorthFan Wrote:  Thanks TygerBright for searching those vids, I really *haven't* notice how much he blinks.

By 'eyelashbattingmanoeuvre' I understood as when he bends down a little his head closes his eyes for 2 seconds and looks up. Sometimes he does it without bending down his head.

I've tried to look up for vid, I think there are others that illustrate it better but this is what I found
Spooks: Lucas North - Snake Charmer 1:18-1:20
[spooks] Lucas North "Weapon of choice" 2:28-2:31
Richard Armitage Spooks 0:19-0:22

LNF Smile
Oh yes, he does blink like that a lot! It just never really clicked Tongue

RE: Richard Armitage - JHyde - 28-01-2010 05:30 PM

Well, if it really is the case, I'd argue that he shouldn't play poker with such a tell as that. Although he doesn't seem to do it when he lies to someone's face, so maybe if he IS blinking then you know he has a good hand.

And that last bit made several of you cast your minds into the gutter, didn't it?

RE: Richard Armitage - Nia M - 28-01-2010 05:33 PM

Of course not... Angel

RE: Richard Armitage - kirmostar - 28-01-2010 06:44 PM

Maybe he wears contacts!

RE: Richard Armitage - TygerBright - 29-01-2010 04:23 PM

(28-01-2010 05:30 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Well, if it really is the case, I'd argue that he shouldn't play poker with such a tell as that. Although he doesn't seem to do it when he lies to someone's face, so maybe if he IS blinking then you know he has a good hand.

And that last bit made several of you cast your minds into the gutter, didn't it?

nope, should it have?