Spooks Forum
Spooks Actors--former projects thread - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Spooks Actors--former projects thread (/thread-582.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Spooks Actors--former projects thread - femaleBertieWooster - 09-01-2010 08:24 AM

Do we need a thread like this? I hope it stays.

Well, I watched part of Our Mutual Friend again tonight and want to recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. Keely Hawes is one of the stars and does a great job. The whole project is quite mesmerizing, definitely worth a viewing.

RE: Spooks Actors--former projects thread - i luv lucas - 09-01-2010 09:13 AM

And I did watch the Vicar of Dibley DVD the other night!! Harry is just sooooo cute!! I love Richard and Keeley in this one!!

RE: Spooks Actors--former projects thread - AdamCarter - 09-01-2010 09:21 AM

Actors in former or other roles worth a viewing.

Peter Firth as RFC pilot Lt. Croft in "Aces High".
Keeley Hawes (of course) as DI Alex Drake in "Ashes to Ashes"
Tim McInnerny as Percy, Duke of Northumberland and Captain Kevin Darling in the Blackadder series.

This could go on for some time with so many strong actors in the cast

Wink John

RE: Spooks Actors--former projects thread - Kirayuki - 10-01-2010 05:05 PM

Tim McInnerny in the Blackadder series was a fantastic piece of work. I reccomend it to anyone who hasn't seen it already.

Ashes to Ashes for quite a few episode cast members but specifically Keeley (Matthew Macfadyen was also in S1E07). Seeing as i found Spooks through Keeley's connection from Ashes i have to recommend it too.

Robert Glenister = Hustle. Of course. Tongue

RE: Spooks Actors--former projects thread - Tea Lady - 10-01-2010 05:44 PM

Robert Glenister is also on Men & Motors channel in the UK at the moment which is showing series 1 of Soldier Soldier. It is hard to keep track though of which series they are showing as the episode listings is not detailed enough. Peter Firth appears in one episode in series 5 though. I will keep a look out for this in a few weeks time.

RE: Spooks Actors--former projects thread - femaleBertieWooster - 10-01-2010 09:42 PM

Keeley was strong in Wives and Daughters, one of the Gaskell stories. I liked it better than Cranford but less than North and South.

Needless to say Gemma Jones as Bridget's mom was awesome and Robert Glenister as Capt. Harville in Persuasion was perfect casting. I think both productions were masterpieces.

Anyone who didn't see Peter Firth in Equus ought to, if they have the nerves. I don't for a second viewing but I'm glad I saw it once. And don't forget Tess.

RE: Spooks Actors--former projects thread - carole9908 - 12-01-2010 06:42 PM

Hugh Laurie was also in Blackadder.

I saw Aces High a couple of months ago. I hadn't realised Peter Firth was in it before I watched it, so it was a nice surprise.

RE: Spooks Actors--former projects thread - YourFutureMuse - 17-01-2010 01:51 PM

I have just ordered 'mutual friends' with Keeley Hawes. A friend recomended it to me and it looks like it is going to be good Big Grin

RE: Spooks Actors--former projects thread - Kirayuki - 17-01-2010 10:29 PM

Haven't seen i tyet *ashamed* will be doing so when i've got through 39 steps (Rupert Penry-Jones) and Torn (Nicola Walker) which i now have on DVD.

Keeley Hawes and Anna Chancellor were fantastic in 'Tipping the Velvet' too. Big Grin

RE: Spooks Actors--former projects thread - deathbymascara - 20-01-2010 12:04 AM

Not really a so called project but I think Keeley Hawes is fantastic in the Boots No. 7 ads Tongue I even went out and bought that mascara Confused