Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spooks Actors--former projects thread
09-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Spooks Actors--former projects thread
Do we need a thread like this? I hope it stays.

Well, I watched part of Our Mutual Friend again tonight and want to recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. Keely Hawes is one of the stars and does a great job. The whole project is quite mesmerizing, definitely worth a viewing.

Rooftop scene:
Beth and Dmitri sneak up and disarm Lucas, cuff him and lead him away.
Lucas screams, "No Harry please, I'd rather die!"

Harry: "We're sending you to rehab ................. in Texas."
Yahoo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2010, 09:13 AM
RE: Spooks Actors--former projects thread
And I did watch the Vicar of Dibley DVD the other night!! Harry is just sooooo cute!! I love Richard and Keeley in this one!!

Lucas North: Your situation is more precarious than you realize, Connie, so stop pressing buttons and give us something.
Connie James: Threats don't work with a person who has nothing to lose.
Lucas North: Oh, you're too ingenious to think that I'm threatening you. I'm offering you a simple choice: help us or don't. I'll leave you to compute the implication.Cool
09-01-2010, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2010 10:16 AM by AdamCarter.)
Actors in former or other roles worth a viewing.

Peter Firth as RFC pilot Lt. Croft in "Aces High".
Keeley Hawes (of course) as DI Alex Drake in "Ashes to Ashes"
Tim McInnerny as Percy, Duke of Northumberland and Captain Kevin Darling in the Blackadder series.

This could go on for some time with so many strong actors in the cast

Wink John

Actually mate, I'm an officer who didn't get suckered by an American con artist.
10-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Tim McInnerny in the Blackadder series was a fantastic piece of work. I reccomend it to anyone who hasn't seen it already.

Ashes to Ashes for quite a few episode cast members but specifically Keeley (Matthew Macfadyen was also in S1E07). Seeing as i found Spooks through Keeley's connection from Ashes i have to recommend it too.

Robert Glenister = Hustle. Of course. Tongue

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2010, 05:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2010 05:44 PM by Tea Lady.)
Robert Glenister is also on Men & Motors channel in the UK at the moment which is showing series 1 of Soldier Soldier. It is hard to keep track though of which series they are showing as the episode listings is not detailed enough. Peter Firth appears in one episode in series 5 though. I will keep a look out for this in a few weeks time.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
10-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Keeley was strong in Wives and Daughters, one of the Gaskell stories. I liked it better than Cranford but less than North and South.

Needless to say Gemma Jones as Bridget's mom was awesome and Robert Glenister as Capt. Harville in Persuasion was perfect casting. I think both productions were masterpieces.

Anyone who didn't see Peter Firth in Equus ought to, if they have the nerves. I don't for a second viewing but I'm glad I saw it once. And don't forget Tess.

Rooftop scene:
Beth and Dmitri sneak up and disarm Lucas, cuff him and lead him away.
Lucas screams, "No Harry please, I'd rather die!"

Harry: "We're sending you to rehab ................. in Texas."
Yahoo
12-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Hugh Laurie was also in Blackadder.

I saw Aces High a couple of months ago. I hadn't realised Peter Firth was in it before I watched it, so it was a nice surprise.
17-01-2010, 01:51 PM
I have just ordered 'mutual friends' with Keeley Hawes. A friend recomended it to me and it looks like it is going to be good Big Grin
17-01-2010, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2010 10:29 PM by Kirayuki.)
Haven't seen i tyet *ashamed* will be doing so when i've got through 39 steps (Rupert Penry-Jones) and Torn (Nicola Walker) which i now have on DVD.

Keeley Hawes and Anna Chancellor were fantastic in 'Tipping the Velvet' too. Big Grin

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
20-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Not really a so called project but I think Keeley Hawes is fantastic in the Boots No. 7 ads Tongue I even went out and bought that mascara Confused

ros
Death by mascara. It was horrible to watch. Ruth's agonizing over the fact that there are no more horses in modern-day warfare and Adam's on a course learning how to lift his knuckles off the ground. So, you'll have to make do with me, I'm afraid.