Spooks Forum
SpooksWatch 2010 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: SpooksWatch 2010 (/thread-637.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - nadiatw - 19-03-2010 12:40 AM

Sophia's ready to be Spooked
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1259025/Guess-whos-having-Ball-Shrek-musical-makes-way-stage-.html

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Nitrus - 19-03-2010 12:49 AM

So Sophia is joining the regular cast along with Max Brown, It's likely Ros isn't returning and there will only be 8 episodes (again!) in Series 9.

So assuming Ros is leaving:

Harry
Lucas
(Sophia)
(Max)
Ruth
Tariq

I think that's a good number for the team!

Thanks for the link btw!

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - femaleBertieWooster - 19-03-2010 01:32 AM

I like her. Good casting.

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - TygerBright - 19-03-2010 01:47 AM

*fingers firmly stuck in ears*... "lalalalalalIcan'thearyoulalalala"...
Ros is coming back...
I don't mind another (female) regular.. Grid's been a tad empty and she'll probably be a valuable addition but there is no replacement for the Ice Queen....

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Adam Carter - 19-03-2010 05:12 AM

(19-03-2010 12:49 AM)Nitrus Wrote:  So assuming Ros is leaving:

Harry
Lucas
(Sophia)
(Max)
Ruth
Tariq

Hmm....

(22-02-2010 02:26 AM)Adam Carter Wrote:  My assumption all along has been that Lucas will be made Section Chief and Section D will add two new young officers (a male and a female) to work alongside him.

If Max Brown is Agent #1, I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about an attractive new female joining the cast. Wink

Silba

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - JHyde - 19-03-2010 05:28 AM

So Sophia is confirmed? Holy uckkers! I like her as an actress usually and have been watching her since she was in Underworld like a gazillion years ago, but I'm not sure about her and Spooks. ItIt's a smart move for her though, as she is mainly associated with the period work she does - think her Doctor Who episode or Tristan and Isolde.

Hands up who thinks there could be a really boring, predictable storyline between Lucas and her character? You read it here first guys. I'm really hoping it's not so though.

Max Brown is still good news. I can't wait to break the Myles news to my sister. And I hate to say it, but I reckon this means Ros is a goner.

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - BoHenley - 19-03-2010 09:05 AM

(19-03-2010 05:28 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Hands up who thinks there could be a really boring, predictable storyline between Lucas and her character? You read it here first guys. I'm really hoping it's not so though.

Max Brown is still good news. I can't wait to break the Myles news to my sister. And I hate to say it, but I reckon this means Ros is a goner.

I doubt they'd have another Lucas/new-girl-in-series relationship after that disastrous storyline with that awful Sarah Caulfield character. More likely Max Brown, or better (no offence Max), someone not on the grid. Let them have some new partners - except Harry and Ruth, that is.

Sadly, I agree with you about Ros. I think it's like Adam Carter, she couldn't possibly survive that explosion. Pity, Hermione was the goddess of cool.

And I hope they don't end series 9 with an explosion. Something completely new would provide the intrigue we expect from Spooks...

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Tea Lady - 19-03-2010 09:16 AM

Thanks for posting Nadiatw.

I am still wearing my cautious hat here, not because I don't believe MB and SM are new characters as there have been too many rumours, but this article is in the DAILY MAIL for pittys sake !!

With the information that is available on this forum, the "other" forum and the SM website, I could have written that article myself without having any other "official" information. The comments about Ros contradict themselves: SM is replacing Ros but then again Ros may not be dead and then again "someone" at Kudos says anyone can return!!

I think this is the Daily Mail trying to get in there before the official press release by using rumours from the net. Their comments about Ros therefore, in my opinion, can not be relied upon at all.

Who thinks SM looks like that stunt double? Not me.
The SM website says she will be in all eight episodes.

http://sophiamyles.org/2010/03/19/daily-mail-has-the-scoop/

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Simone - 19-03-2010 09:37 AM

Didn't the Daily Mail article originally say she's going to be in all 8 episodes?

Exciting news! I don't usually trust the Daily Mail - but Baz Bamigboye seems to get a lot of the movie/TV news right, doesn't he?

Oh, and I'm still waiting/hoping for an offiicial press release. Maybe even with a bit of background information of the new characters and quotes like we got when RA joined?

And I'm with everybody who's hoping they don't go for an in-your-face relationship storyline with the new characters. Keep it professional, eh?

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Skully - 19-03-2010 09:54 AM

Just on Ros.. I saw an interview with Hermione Norris during season 8 promotion where she accidentally said that she'd had a great time filming Spooks. It seems like it was genuine a slip of the tongue, implying that her time on Spooks was ending.

I certainly hope not! I love Ros. But it's probably so.