Spooks Forum
SpooksWatch 2010 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: SpooksWatch 2010 (/thread-637.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - lwhite53 - 20-03-2010 12:47 AM

This sounds like a Nightingale season, with all these new people and no one knowing who to trust.

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Silktie - 20-03-2010 08:50 AM

(19-03-2010 05:49 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  As for the new characters, from looking at their photos, I think Iain Glen will play a baddy. Simon Russell Beale will play the head of MI6 and Laila Rouass will play Harry's new girlfriend....

I'm hoping Iain Glen or Simon Russell Beale will provide Harry with the meaty protagonist ala Mace we've been asking for.

Lordie, that Laila woman looks like she'd eat poor Harry alive! Let's hope Lucas is over his 'falling for the first good-looking woman smiling at him' phase, otherwise he might be the victim. At least with these additions poor Ruth will be spared from having to do any honeypot duties...

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - JHyde - 20-03-2010 10:47 AM

My impression is that these 'regulars' may just have multi episode arcs.

Alternatively, this could be how the show ends, with Section D morphing into something else. The grand statement of season 9 may not be a high body count, which is de rigeur for the show, but rather with a changing direction for the Service. Maybe Harry will lose the good fight against the powers that be and is pensioned off.

Which, yes, would give Harry and Ruth a bittersweet ending.

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - silverbirch - 20-03-2010 11:04 AM

Ooh brilliant, its good to see new faces in Spooks along with the great golden oldies Smile perhaps this time the HS will be a woman for a change.

hopefully with such a great cast this means its not the end, perhaps Kudos are pulling out all the stops to impress the BBC.

Thank you Nitrus for the info on the new cast. Wink

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - molecatcher - 20-03-2010 12:32 PM

(19-03-2010 03:57 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Well, we all thought Tom, Danny and Zoe was irreplaceable, and then we thought Adam was irreplaceable, but in the end the show has survived all these changes.

I'm obviously in the minority then. To me Danny was interesting but that's all and Zoe did nothing to grip me. Tom's exit was understandable and therefore acceptable considering his mental state and when Adam first stepped in he was wonderful but in the end his watery-eyed puppy dog look got on my nerves. Also, if Lucas falls in love again I'll despair. Spooks of the male species seem to fall apart whereas Ros kicks a*** and is witty which I love but do agree Harry's demise would be tragic. But it is all down to personal preference and Spooks definitely offers up diverse characters. Looks like the new Series is promising. They do say "As well as thrilling storylines we have wonderful new cast members who, with our brilliant established cast, will raise the bar once again” so I just hope that means all of their brilliant established cast will still be around.

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Beatriz - 20-03-2010 01:26 PM

Wow this series 9 looks promising reading Ian Wylie's blog!! Reading this kind of articles, makes things worse Confused (I mean coping without Spooks)

(20-03-2010 10:47 AM)JHyde Wrote:  My impression is that these 'regulars' may just have multi episode arcs.

Alternatively, this could be how the show ends, with Section D morphing into something else. The grand statement of season 9 may not be a high body count, which is de rigeur for the show, but rather with a changing direction for the Service. Maybe Harry will lose the good fight against the powers that be and is pensioned off.

I can cope with that only if this 9th series is the last one!!

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Silktie - 20-03-2010 01:35 PM

(20-03-2010 10:47 AM)JHyde Wrote:  My impression is that these 'regulars' may just have multi episode arcs.

I was thinking along similar lines when I read that press release, with a few differences. I think the powers that be (or perhaps Nightingale?) are probably going to try to change Section D by forcing a few unwanted new members on Harry, who will try to undermine the team from the inside. This will put Harry in the difficult position of figuring out which members of his team is working against him. I don't reckon it'll end with Harry being pensioned off though, unless this proves to be the last season like Beatriz said.

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - JHyde - 20-03-2010 01:43 PM

That was what I was driving at, as I suspect strongly that season 9 is the last.

But I kinda thought that about season 8. So who am I to Nostradamise?

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Tea Lady - 20-03-2010 01:45 PM

I wonder whether there will be repercussions for Harry following the Nightingale affair and possibly the death of the HS. Perhaps IG or SRB will play the new head of Section D? I cant see them though carrying on the Nightingale storyline past 9.1. The writers dont usually do that.

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Nitrus - 20-03-2010 01:45 PM

I don't think Series 9 will be the last, bringing in new actors just doesn't suggest the end to me.