Spooks Forum
SpooksWatch 2010 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: SpooksWatch 2010 (/thread-637.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - silverbirch - 31-03-2010 04:53 PM

Thanks Tealady for that, i have always been a tad suspicious of Lucas, not that i know anything but right up until the end of series 7 i was convinced he was a double agent, i do think however that he could possibly be a 'double' double agent if you know wot i mean, in that his loyalties lie with whoever he believes to be the most honest cause, etc etc, ie. if he believes in the Russian cause over the US (as Connie did) he will betray Britain. I am concerned now though that if it is him doing the betraying he may not make it to the end of the series or to series 10 if there is one.

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Beatriz - 31-03-2010 04:57 PM

I like ultimate betrayal because it sounds like a great series for me, I'm very fond of those shows where you are lost and you don't know whom you can trust.... I love that kind of twists

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - silverbirch - 31-03-2010 05:01 PM

Yes i like a good twist Vueltasss the more the better in my opinion. I mean after all Lucas was married to a Russian how much more loyal to the country could you get. Silba

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Hunted - 31-03-2010 05:01 PM

The term 'ultimate betrayal' could imply someone or an organisation supposedly loyal to the state who is/are higher up than just the team or M1-5?

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - TygerBright - 31-03-2010 06:05 PM

(31-03-2010 10:05 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Thanks Simone. Nice pic.

I dont like the phrase "ultimate betrayal" though! pehaps Lucas is a double agent after all "a bad apple".......WinkWink

and there I was, trying not to slaughter sacred cows by implying that Harry might be the.... nah, I won't.
that'd be the ultimate betrayal though...or maybe the HS after all?!? Or the PM? Or...
Spoiler: show
Connie is not dead and gets to finish her fiendish plan

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - JHyde - 31-03-2010 06:20 PM

You know who else that might refer to? Lucas and Harry. I know a few of us would love to find out just exactly how that relationship became so messy.

The other things it could refer to is a betrayal by a Juliet or HS type character. Something that is built up over the season and then demolished, quasi Connie style.

I would hate it if Ruth turned out to be a mole after all this time. Some people aren't cut out for treachery and I don't think it's in Ruth's DNA, even after everything she has endured.

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Tea Lady - 31-03-2010 06:21 PM

(31-03-2010 06:05 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  and there I was, trying not to slaughter sacred cows by implying that Harry might be the.... nah, I won't.
that'd be the ultimate betrayal though...or maybe the HS after all?!? Or the PM? Or...

I really just did LOL. I dont think I have heard Harry called a sacred cow before now. You can go there if you want to TB but come on, Lucas is damaged goods. Damaged goods can not be repaired easily. Harry would never betray his country unless maybe it was something to do with Ruth. Perhaps he made a promise to himself that he would never lose her again no matter what it took......one to ponder

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Hunted - 31-03-2010 06:29 PM

Harry would never betray his country unless maybe it was something to do with Ruth. Perhaps he made a promise to himself that he would never lose her again no matter what it took......one to ponder
[/quote]

Interesting angle!! ... didn't he refer before that he knows 'where the bodies are buried'. Is betrayal betraying those running the state (perhaps for their own nefarious purposes - Nightingale if they get embedded in?), or betraying the country/nation and its people? I can't see Harry doing the latter.

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - TygerBright - 31-03-2010 06:32 PM

(31-03-2010 06:21 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(31-03-2010 06:05 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  and there I was, trying not to slaughter sacred cows by implying that Harry might be the.... nah, I won't.

I really just did LOL. I dont think I have heard Harry called a sacred cow before now. You can go there if you want to TB but come on, Lucas is damaged goods. Damaged goods can not be repaired easily. Harry would never betray his country unless maybe it was something to do with Ruth. Perhaps he made a promise to himself that he would never lose her again no matter what it took......one to ponder

aaaaah, see?!? Every human being (and in that I include your revered sacred bull Tongue) has a weak point... as a matter of fact, I've been waiting all of season 8 for Lucas' cracks to finally show (no one can hold it together that well, that long.. and after season 8's events..)...and I agree that it'd take something really drastic to get Sir Harry to betray the realm but... and it would fit with TPTB's tendency to upset and shock... for a change not by killing people but worse...

RE: SpooksWatch 2010 - Tea Lady - 31-03-2010 08:37 PM

TPTB's ?? What does that stand for? Sorry being a bit thick.