Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 (/thread-684.html)

[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - JHyde - 11-02-2010 02:55 AM

Aaaaand Take 2!

The discussions on board at moment involve Harry's issues of trust (who does/can he trust? Is it possibly for him to trust at all?) and how that affects his job performance. But feel free to pose your own question or discuss your favourite Harry moment of the show (so far).

As long as it's about Harry, bring it on.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - lwhite53 - 11-02-2010 05:52 AM

Yeah, no doubt at all in my mind that Harry is "the man." I don't think the show started off with this eventuality in mind, but over the years H has proved he's a survivor. To steal from Nitrus, "There's no spooks without Harry Pearce."

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - almh - 11-02-2010 06:49 AM

JHyde, I love your poll!!! It made me laugh Smile

The show didn't really start with Harry as a main character, but his character has definitely come through. I quite like your quote from Nitrus Smile

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - JHyde - 11-02-2010 08:18 AM

*Did* Nitrus say that? I didn't realise. BMT - Before My Time.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 11-02-2010 10:15 AM

Someone wouldnt have the nerve surely to come onto this Thread and vote for that Lucas person? Lucas WHO????

Harry started to confide in Ruth quite quickly I thought (series 3) bearing in mind she was a mole in only the previous series. I think he trusted Adam completely until he had his little breakdown. I think he trusted Adam more than Tom.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - YourFutureMuse - 11-02-2010 11:30 AM

Haha I have nerve Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 11-02-2010 11:38 AM

(11-02-2010 11:30 AM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  Haha I have nerve Tongue

I say again, Lucas WHO???

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - JHyde - 11-02-2010 11:42 AM

This may be my fault, but I don't want the thread to degenerate into an argument between Harry and Lucas fans. Although that might not be a bad idea for another thread.....

We Harry fans are above such petty argument because we are confident of victory Smile

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - HellsBells - 11-02-2010 02:30 PM

The only people I think Harry trusts in Series 8 are Ros and Ruth. He trusted Malcolm as well, but I don't think he trusts Lucas or Tariq simply because Harry needs to get to know them. But someone in Harry's job surely can't trust anyone completely, look what happened with Connie !
There are instances where Harry clearly doesn't tell his colleagues the whole picture, such as Sugar Horse, so maybe he doesn't trust anyone.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - JHyde - 11-02-2010 02:43 PM

I don't think Harry trusts himself a lot of time, especially in recent years and that makes it hard for him to completely give over everything to one person.