Poll: Is Harry the best character on Spooks?
This poll is closed.
Hell yes, he's the lynchpin of the show. But Ruth's pretty awesome too. 80.70% 46 80.70%
God no. I barrack for that man who came back from Russia and got it on with Miss C.I.A. Lucas something? 19.30% 11 19.30%
Total 57 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0
11-02-2010, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2010 02:57 PM by Nitrus.)
Harry [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0
Aaaaand Take 2!

The discussions on board at moment involve Harry's issues of trust (who does/can he trust? Is it possibly for him to trust at all?) and how that affects his job performance. But feel free to pose your own question or discuss your favourite Harry moment of the show (so far).

As long as it's about Harry, bring it on.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
11-02-2010, 05:52 AM
RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0
Yeah, no doubt at all in my mind that Harry is "the man." I don't think the show started off with this eventuality in mind, but over the years H has proved he's a survivor. To steal from Nitrus, "There's no spooks without Harry Pearce."

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
11-02-2010, 06:49 AM
JHyde, I love your poll!!! It made me laugh Smile

The show didn't really start with Harry as a main character, but his character has definitely come through. I quite like your quote from Nitrus Smile

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
11-02-2010, 08:18 AM
*Did* Nitrus say that? I didn't realise. BMT - Before My Time.

11-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Someone wouldnt have the nerve surely to come onto this Thread and vote for that Lucas person? Lucas WHO????

Harry started to confide in Ruth quite quickly I thought (series 3) bearing in mind she was a mole in only the previous series. I think he trusted Adam completely until he had his little breakdown. I think he trusted Adam more than Tom.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Haha I have nerve Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2010, 11:38 AM
(11-02-2010 11:30 AM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  Haha I have nerve Tongue

I say again, Lucas WHO???

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
11-02-2010, 11:42 AM
This may be my fault, but I don't want the thread to degenerate into an argument between Harry and Lucas fans. Although that might not be a bad idea for another thread.....

We Harry fans are above such petty argument because we are confident of victory Smile

11-02-2010, 02:30 PM
The only people I think Harry trusts in Series 8 are Ros and Ruth. He trusted Malcolm as well, but I don't think he trusts Lucas or Tariq simply because Harry needs to get to know them. But someone in Harry's job surely can't trust anyone completely, look what happened with Connie !
There are instances where Harry clearly doesn't tell his colleagues the whole picture, such as Sugar Horse, so maybe he doesn't trust anyone.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
11-02-2010, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2010 02:46 PM by JHyde.)
I don't think Harry trusts himself a lot of time, especially in recent years and that makes it hard for him to completely give over everything to one person.