Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 (/thread-684.html)

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 21-06-2010 08:49 AM

(21-06-2010 06:36 AM)Silktie Wrote:  Wanted to comment on the Harry and Ruth scenes in 4.3. Harry seemed to have given up trying to hide his interest in Ruth in this episode. Whenever they're in a scene together, he gazes at her adoringly, and he's doling out compliments and telling her how much he trusts her at every opportunity. Oh, Harry, you really have it bad, don't you?

I think you have hit the nail on the head there Silktie. It's almost like Harry forgets they are in company some of the time, and just carries on with Ruth as if it's a private moment, like no one else will notice that he is praising Ruth to the hilt, while to everyone else he just says "good job everyone." We even have three smiles from Harry this episode. One of those though is reserved for Juliet, who seems a little taken aback by Harry as he manages to leave her speachless, mouth gaping, as he leaves the room. It is the Harry Pearce affect. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Nia M - 21-06-2010 09:10 AM

I've always loved the Harry/Juliet dynamic Smile

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Kazters - 09-07-2010 05:03 PM

taking over a thread of thought from the s8 ep 8 thread about the effect that the losses of his staff have on harry! we dont really see his reaction to any other than adam and ruth! i imagine that the loss of each and every one of them affects him even when it was like tom.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Nia M - 09-07-2010 08:49 PM

And like A Cousin said, we don't even know the half of what he's been through. He's a tough cookie for sure, but I maintain that there's only so much one can cope with. Look at Malcolm for example
Spoiler: show
and how it eventually became just too much for him and he retired Sad

Another note to make: Harry most shows his darker side when it involves his own officers. i.e. Is it morally right that he should go after Kachimov after 7.01 when it is in effect simply personal revenge? Technically, he shouldn't be motivated by personal means, and I'm sure I remember some Harry Pearce lectures to other officers on that subject, and yet here we have a prime example of him disobeying his own orders, so to speak...

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Kazters - 09-07-2010 08:56 PM

he does, and in terms of Lucas he is very guilty even thought he didnt give him up! that i think has to come out more - but i agree there is only so much a man can take! and certain things usualy to do with ireland seem to bring up emotions in him and make him loose perepective and it took ros or adam and in some cases ruth to tell him so

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Nia M - 09-07-2010 09:00 PM

Hmm yeah, perhaps we might find out a little more about that next series?

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Kazters - 09-07-2010 09:09 PM

i hope so! it need resolved cos both have issued about it! and the fact that it was [spoilers] connie not harry [/spoilers] that sold him out has never been mentioned again thing is if harry breaks down how scary would that be! when he looses control it puts the fear into me!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 09-07-2010 10:36 PM

(09-07-2010 08:49 PM)Nia M Wrote:  Another note to make: Harry most shows his darker side when it involves his own officers. i.e. Is it morally right that he should go after Kachimov after 7.01 when it is in effect simply personal revenge?

There were personal reasons behind what Harry did to Kachimov i.e. Adam was his friend, Wes was left an orphan. But I also think he did it for the team. Remember what Jo said to Harry "Adam was worth more than that." Harry knew Jo was right. Jo implied that Kachimov should be made to suffer for what he did. So Harry did what his team wanted, but would never do themselves.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - A Cousin - 10-07-2010 02:20 AM

(09-07-2010 10:36 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  So Harry did what his team wanted, but would never do themselves.

And what they couldn't get away with doing without him having to discipline them OR, if caught by someone of higher rank, he assured that he would be the one to deal with the consequences.

Thanks for helping that synapses connect in my brain, TL!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - JHyde - 10-07-2010 07:12 AM

The discussion we had about Kachimov on the old thread is one of my favourite discussions we've ever had on this forum. I might try and find it and post the link here, because it was really interesting.