Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 (/thread-684.html)

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 20-09-2010 10:16 PM

Its weird as I really wanted to see what Harry was wearing but had to stop looking at that, and concentrate on the scenes. I think in the Blake scene he had a jumper on. Again, its hard to take all these things in with only one watch.

I think he rested his hand on Ruth's back as well.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Silktie - 21-09-2010 05:45 AM

Geez, I just wanted to hug the poor guy throughout.

What I found interesting, was that he still made the hard calls with very little hesitation, despite being majorly depressed and sorry for himself. And also, like JHyde said earlier, his state of mind is not only about Ros' death and her funeral, but is a culmination of the many, many horrible things he's seen, done and lived through until now. I think some of the cracks already showed last season, so it is little wonder that Ros' death was the straw that finally broke the camel's back.

I think the hand over the face during the scene with Blake was because he couldn't bear watching the effect of his terrible deed - as he says later, he's tired of feeling that he's covered in blood all the time.

I have one nitpick, though. In real life it would never have been someone on Harry's level that would have had to make the decision about the electro-magnetic pulse at the end.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 21-09-2010 07:55 AM

(21-09-2010 05:45 AM)Silktie Wrote:  I have one nitpick, though. In real life it would never have been someone on Harry's level that would have had to make the decision about the electro-magnetic pulse at the end.

Good point Silktie. It probably would have been the PM. Also, where did that safe come from in Harry's office? Have I just not noticed a big white safe sitting there on the side for the last 9 years?

I also wondered why there seemed to be no enquiry into the Nightingale affair. Surely some blame would be apportioned to Harry? We are assuming that the baby HS died here? I don't think anyone actually mentioned it or spoke of him.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - A Cousin - 21-09-2010 02:38 PM

(20-09-2010 09:41 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Well I thought we saw more of "Harry" in this episode than we did in the whole of series 8. Why did he ask Ruth when he did, to marry him? Did he really think she would say yes? Maybe he was expecting her to say no to give himself more heart ache? He wanted to hurt more and more because he felt he was almost worthless.

Wow, TL. Very insightful and one to ponder. As if he doesn't deserve happiness because of the blood on his hands. I took it quite literally: I don't want to die alone. Not exactly the best reason for marriage. It struck me as a bit selfish and pitiful. I think he underestimates her there.

What I found to be an incredible reading on PFs part was when he tells her next with even more intensity that he doesn't want that for her either.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Silktie - 21-09-2010 04:45 PM

So what made Harry change his mind about the resignation, do you think?

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Jhokur - 21-09-2010 06:53 PM

I think it was much about him realising his decision saved thousands of lives, for the sake of those 9 - including his own and Ruth's.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - yorkshiretyke - 21-09-2010 07:35 PM

(20-09-2010 10:16 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Its weird as I really wanted to see what Harry was wearing but had to stop looking at that, and concentrate on the scenes. I think in the Blake scene he had a jumper on. Again, its hard to take all these things in with only one watch.

I think he rested his hand on Ruth's back as well.

Yes, there was def a hand on Ruths back and when he moved into whisper in her ear, well who didnt have a lump in their throat!...if he had just said I love you he might have found he faired much better..

What do you think about Harry's longer hair?

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - lwhite53 - 21-09-2010 09:19 PM

(21-09-2010 05:45 AM)Silktie Wrote:  I think the hand over the face during the scene with Blake was because he couldn't bear watching the effect of his terrible deed - as he says later, he's tired of feeling that he's covered in blood all the time.

I loved this scene. Compare it with the scene where H murders
Spoiler: show
Katchimov
and it's like night and day. Though both times he acted, it was in revenge for a dead officer, I think it may all be catching up with him. Blake had a very good insight about Harry when he said that H only knew one way to do things -- when all you've got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail (to paraphrase someone or other). Harry knew he had to kill Blake, but he hated that that was the only option he saw.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - A Cousin - 22-09-2010 04:26 AM

(21-09-2010 04:45 PM)Silktie Wrote:  So what made Harry change his mind about the resignation, do you think?

I agree with jhokur and would add that he realizes that he is still capable making of the kind of choices he needs to make, specifically, the one to set off EMP bomb. Also the confirmation from the HS that he did make a very difficult decision and that he doesn't get any more thanks than that.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - praxis - 22-09-2010 10:04 AM

Maybe he decided not to resign because he knew that he can only spend time with Ruth if he continues to come to work every day!