Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 (/thread-684.html)

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 22-09-2010 01:02 PM

(22-09-2010 10:04 AM)praxis Wrote:  Maybe he decided not to resign because he knew that he can only spend time with Ruth if he continues to come to work every day!

I think the reason he changed his mind is because he realised simply that he belongs as head of Section D and that no one else could do any better. Those nine people would have died whoever was sitting on that "wall." But...also that he can't live without Ruth in his life, and doesn't want to. If he retired, he would never see Ruth again and that really was not an option for him, once he calmed down over losing Ros.

He tried to push Ruth away in this episode, but it didn't work. He needed her and still needs her, to be able to put one foot in front of the other.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Silktie - 24-09-2010 11:31 AM

I'm glad that they showed us that tear in Harry's eye as he poisoned Blake. I think it is important that they show us that doing something like this does have an impact on Harry. We never really got to see any reaction from him after he killed Kachimov in season 7. While I don't want him to turn all emo on us, I do like to see that doing immoral things have an emotional cost for him.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - JHyde - 24-09-2010 11:44 AM

I agree. I think he forced himself to peek through his fingers, so as to watch what he was doing.

Spooks is a show about actions and their consequences and this is a good example.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - A Cousin - 24-09-2010 01:14 PM

(24-09-2010 11:44 AM)JHyde Wrote:  I agree. I think he forced himself to peek through his fingers, so as to watch what he was doing.

Spooks is a show about actions and their consequences and this is a good example.

I think the setup is in the first thing you hear in 9.1 which is Ros saying (And I'm paraphrasing a bit), "Don't make a decision you can't live with." In this episode, Harry is deciding just that.

The tear was a good moment that I did not see the first time. The difference between his murdering Kachimov and Blake is that Kachimov was a well established enemy and Blake was supposed to be a friend.

I know this a bit more speculative, but I kind of hope that he has had his existential crisis and gets back to the business of the business now. I'd get tired of watching the man, the myth, the legend go down the drain. They did that already with Adam.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Silktie - 24-09-2010 04:33 PM

I dunno, don't you think it'd be a little unrealistic for his existential crisis to last only one episode?

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Naivety - 24-09-2010 07:59 PM

I don't want to see a strong character like Harry have a prolonged nervous breakdown. The Adam thing dragged on a bit, they surely won't do it again. Although I like the insight into his frame of mind - it allows for more H/R moments!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Silktie - 25-09-2010 04:21 PM

I'm not talking about a full PTSD breakdown like Adam had. Harry's situation is not the same as Adam's, who'd lost a wife and then nearly died himself to bring on his breakdown. But I think it'll be unrealistic if he is fully back to his normal chipper self next week. Surely when your disillusionment is as deep as Harry's (to wit his comment about feeling like he's covered in blood all the time) you don't just shrug that off. I don't want him to break down in tears about every little thing, but I would expect him to remain a little off-kilter and slightly subdued, like he was in 9.1, for some time to come.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Naivety - 25-09-2010 06:17 PM

I agree with you, Silktie. It will be a good story line as well. But already we have inconsistencies. Seemingly immediately after the EMP bomb being detonated and Harry saying he didn't want to make those decisions anymore, he was withdrawing his resignation. Thank Heavens! Maybe he realised that Ruth wouldn't leave and wanted to stay for her.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - ender - 25-09-2010 07:30 PM

(20-09-2010 09:41 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  When he was killing Blake, I loved the hand across the face moment, You could only really see one of Harry's eyes. Was that an act of respect for the old HS or did he not want the HS see how upset he was by the fact he HAD to kill him? Harry had no choice.

Didn't he.
I think He acted on his own. Just like with K.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - lwhite53 - 27-09-2010 06:46 PM

Came across this today
Series 9 Spoiler: show

Now I'm worried. Suicida