Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 (/thread-684.html)

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - picard1109 - 01-11-2010 11:31 PM

There'll be riots in the street if Kudos kill off Harry. What they may do, though (evil swine) is to have Lucas shoot Harry as a cliffhanger...and then we just have to hope that negotiations with PF's agent go well!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Puppetmaster - 01-11-2010 11:36 PM

I hope you're right about the riots in the street, but I hope Kudos won't be so cruel as to leave us wondering for all the months to Series 10.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 01-11-2010 11:38 PM

(01-11-2010 11:36 PM)Puppetmaster Wrote:  I hope you're right about the riots in the street, but I hope Kudos won't be so cruel as to leave us wondering for all the months to Series 10.

I wouldn't worry. Picard is good at "Harry spotting" along the Thames, come the new year, when filming starts. Wink

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - BravoNine - 01-11-2010 11:44 PM

I feel bad for Harry in this episode. He so wants to trust and help Lucas turn things around, he doesn't even know that his prodigy all along has been the enemy.......Sad

Gosh I hope things turn around, I want my happy ending!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - picard1109 - 01-11-2010 11:57 PM

(01-11-2010 11:38 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I wouldn't worry. Picard is good at "Harry spotting" along the Thames, come the new year, when filming starts. Wink

I shall certainly be keeping my eyes peeled, TL! Might even have to camp out in Bermondsey. I guess we have to wait until around April until they start filming again, though.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - BravoNine - 02-11-2010 01:58 AM

It's rather ironic how Harry was close to both Tom and Lucas as section chiefs and friends in a more personal/mentor way than with Adam and Ros, and it ends up that it's his two closest prodigies who disappointed him the most whereas Adam and Ros both died serving their country bravely. Tom realizing that he didn't want to follow in Harry's footsteps or be in that world anymore to the point that Harry had to decommission him. And now Lucas whom Harry had always been afraid to loose control of and now everything that he had hoped Lucas would turn out to be, all those dreams that his boy is gonna stand up and be the man, all those dreams have now fallen apart right in front of his eyes.

This mess must be tearing Harry apart inside even if he won't ever admit it. He put in just as much faith and belief into Lucas as we the fans do, maybe even more, and it can't be easy seeing someone you care so much about and thought you know so well turn into this dark monster.

At least with Tom, it was only because Tom grew a conscience. With Lucas, it's murders, atrocities, and monstrosity.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 02-11-2010 02:05 AM

(02-11-2010 01:58 AM)BravoNine Wrote:  This mess must be tearing Harry apart inside even if he won't ever admit it. He put in just as much faith and belief into Lucas as we the fans do, maybe even more, and it can't be easy seeing someone you care so much about and thought you know so well turn into this dark monster.

Yes, I'm surprised he doesn't have another crisis. The two people left on the section, to whom he is closest too, are lost to him (as things currently stand.) Lucas and Ruth. I am not sure he really knows how to help either of them and maybe both are lost causes.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - BravoNine - 02-11-2010 02:14 AM

(02-11-2010 02:05 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(02-11-2010 01:58 AM)BravoNine Wrote:  This mess must be tearing Harry apart inside even if he won't ever admit it. He put in just as much faith and belief into Lucas as we the fans do, maybe even more, and it can't be easy seeing someone you care so much about and thought you know so well turn into this dark monster.

Yes, I'm surprised he doesn't have another crisis. The two people left on the section, to whom he is closest too, are lost to him (as things currently stand.) Lucas and Ruth. I am not sure he really knows how to help either of them and maybe both are lost causes.

This just makes me so sad. Heck I still can't stop crying!!

I was gonna make a Lucas/Tom/Harry video with the song "Numb" by Linkin Park because the lyrics fit so perfectly with Harry's relationship with both boys, but right now it works with Lucas/Ruth/Harry too.

"Everything that you thought I would be, is falling apart right in front of you"

This line in the lyrics is so true from both Lucas and Ruth's POV in relation to Harry.

Why must the writers keep forcing these depressing storylines! I've cried enough this year already with multiple favorite characters dying, I really don't need another one!! Why can't poor Harry just have one series of being happy!!!Undecided

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - A Cousin - 02-11-2010 03:36 PM

(02-11-2010 02:14 AM)BravoNine Wrote:  Why must the writers keep forcing these depressing storylines! I've cried enough this year already with multiple favorite characters dying, I really don't need another one!! Why can't poor Harry just have one series of being happy!!!Undecided

Because, my dear BravoNine, it wouldn't be Spooks! Big Grin

PF was fantastic in 9.7. Simply fantastic. He was ever present but (for the most part) understated and generously giving over to both RA and NW the whole time.

I think Harry has found his equilibrium after his little crisis earlier this season. Maybe only because he has to as he is getting it on both sides now! He at least has managed to keep his individual humanity in tact enough. I think he gives the gun to Lucas with the betrayal line harkens back to the sometimes you have to give a man a chance to show you who they really are line in 9.3. Harry's basic decency comes out here: he is giving Lucas enough rope to either hang or save himself.

Harry, per usual, is the center of the crisis. You get rid of Harry, you get rid of the through-line of the programme. It ain't happenin'!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Silktie - 02-11-2010 05:24 PM

I couldn't help thinking, when "John" was describing the real Lucas' views on serving your country and his sense of duty, that it could as well have been Harry's words. It makes me a little mad that real Lucas never got be an MI5 agent, it sounds like he and Harry would have gotten on very well.

Re Harry letting Lucas go, I would agree that he was maybe seeing it as a chance for Lucas to do the right thing. But, if this blows up in his face, as the 9.8 preview seems to suggest, what impact will it have on him? How many more times will he give his trust, if this is what happens when he gives it?