Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 (/thread-684.html)

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Beatriz - 02-11-2010 05:46 PM

I'm not over this episode yet... But I want to say that Harry let go Lucas to give him a chance and maybe to test him and see whether what Lucas told him was true or not, a very risky way to do it.

I think Harry is done with betrayal, he doesn't want to be affected by it and wants Lucas to feel and suffer for it, and that's why he said "Betrayal is a cancer, let it eat your soul and not mine". Saying with that, he wanted to have a clear conscience, if Lucas is really a traitor, let him take his own mask and choose sides.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Naivety - 02-11-2010 10:20 PM

Did anyone else think Harry's tone was a bit false at the end when he had Malcolm in his office and he was speaking to Lucas/John on speakerphone. As though he didn't believe that he can make 'Lucas' good again.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Silktie - 03-11-2010 05:54 AM

Yeah, I just posted in the episode thread about this. He was lying about being able to salvage Lucas' career in an effort to persuade Lucas to turn himself in, and save them the trouble of hunting him down, I thought. But I don't think he sounded weird because he is the mastermind behind the whole thing and knows exactly what was going on, as others have speculated.

I think Harry in 9.8 may break my heart:
Series 9.8 Spoiler: show
NW said in an interview that we've never seen Harry so affected by events as we'll see him in 9.8. And the phone messages to his son and daughter?! Geez, you might as well hand me a tissue now. All this indicates to me that Harry is not involved in any way in creating this situation Lucas finds himself in.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - BravoNine - 03-11-2010 06:04 AM

(03-11-2010 05:54 AM)Silktie Wrote:  I think Harry in 9.8 may break my heart:
NW said in an interview that we've never seen Harry so affected by events as we'll see him in 9.8. And the phone messages to his son and daughter?! Geez, you might as well hand me a tissue now. All this indicates to me that Harry is not involved in any way in creating this situation Lucas finds himself in.

I don't think Harry has ever been in a situation as hard as what he has to face now. This isn't just a mission or duty anymore, this is about the two closest people in his life: the woman he loves and the young man that he sweated blood to bring home. Two people that he feels deeply responsible for and right now neither of them may even come home safely and no matter how things end, someone will get hurt in the end. He knows this won't end in a happy ending and it's killing him. He loves Ruth more than anything, he needs her, he would be lost without her. And then there's Lucas, his prodigy, a son to him, someone he trusted maybe not with his head but always in his heart. And to see it all come to this, to see Ruth in danger, to see Lucas becoming this monster. It's more worse than any danger or loss he has ever suffered

I don't envy Harry or the decision that he will have to make.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Silktie - 03-11-2010 08:32 AM

(02-11-2010 05:46 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  I'm not over this episode yet... But I want to say that Harry let go Lucas to give him a chance and maybe to test him and see whether what Lucas told him was true or not, a very risky way to do it.

I think Harry is done with betrayal, he doesn't want to be affected by it and wants Lucas to feel and suffer for it, and that's why he said "Betrayal is a cancer, let it eat your soul and not mine". Saying with that, he wanted to have a clear conscience, if Lucas is really a traitor, let him take his own mask and choose sides.

That quote about betrayal is interesting, isn't it? Why is he saying that to Lucas whilst giving him back his gun and letting him go after Vaughn? It makes me think that Harry is actually saying to Lucas: 'Go and take care of Vaughn, and then disappear, because if you stay around I will be reminded of your betrayal every day, and it will eat my soul as well as yours.'

At that stage, Harry still had no idea that Lucas is after the Albany file, of course. I wonder, if Lucas had actually told Harry about Maya, Albany and the Chinese, whether Harry would still have let him go?

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - JHyde - 03-11-2010 08:34 AM

Which interview is this with Nicola? I must have missed it in my 'no spoiler' state before the season started.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - BravoNine - 05-11-2010 02:03 PM

So sad that Harry's prodigies just keep disappointing him, first Tom and now Lucas, I'm wondering if Harry's gonna become a hermit and go live in a cave after this......

Anyways, here's my promised Tom/Lucas/Harry vid! Thought it was appropriate to post it here since it is about Harry...Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGe2JS5G1ZY

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - loladom - 05-11-2010 04:53 PM

In my very novice eyes, there is indeed no spooks without Harry. He seems to be the utter backbone of everything, not to mention the class. He's the daddy!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Forever Secret - 05-11-2010 05:32 PM

(05-11-2010 04:53 PM)loladom Wrote:  In my very novice eyes, there is indeed no spooks without Harry. He seems to be the utter backbone of everything, not to mention the class. He's the daddy!

Definatly, I couldn't watch Spooks without Harry Wink
Episode 8 is going to be tough on him though, he could end up losing Ruth, or Lucas, could be end up losing both?...
I just hope he's not killed
The situation with Lucas reminds me of the one with Tom at the end of Series 2/start of 3 only Tom WAS innocent, Lucas isn't Sad
His choice... its going to be heartbreaking to watch

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Puppetmaster - 05-11-2010 10:41 PM

I agree with everything you say Forever Secret.