Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 (/thread-684.html)

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Puppetmaster - 06-11-2010 10:58 AM

Spooks without Harry is unthinkable - I'm sure Kudos realises that Harry appeals to all ages -
I have friends or family from 19 to 80 and many of them are rabid Spooks fans. They all say
'Please Kudos don't get rid of Harry'.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Puppetmaster - 08-11-2010 10:20 AM

Second thoughts -
Series 9.8 speculation Spoiler: show
I think this last episode could finish with either Ruth or Harry badly injured and Ruth eventually telling Harry that she does love him and will marry him - so he, or she must live.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Forever Secret - 08-11-2010 01:23 PM

Series 9 Spoiler: show
I think that too, that either Ruth or Harry could be really hurt, I don't think they will die, but I have the feeling Harry maybe the one to get hurt. It would be nice for them to finally say those 3 little words,... but *sighs*

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - BravoNine - 08-11-2010 03:11 PM

LOL! I was just watching Series 1 Episode 3 and Harry greatly amuses me in this episode! His expressions are hilarious and he looked like he was seriously gonna have an aneurysm! LOL! Tongue Good to know PF's comedic timings are still great as ever!

In fact, that whole episode was filled with hilarious facial expressions! LOL!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - PendolinoGuy - 08-11-2010 10:13 PM

Wow. Series 9 finale?! Thank god Harry didn't die, I was seriously thinking that for a while.. Now very worried about this enquiry?! But hey, thank the lord he didn't get shot!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - loladom - 08-11-2010 10:16 PM

mmmm, but Ruth hates him because she doesn't get what he did for her re the fake file. What a man!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Aria - 08-11-2010 10:19 PM

(08-11-2010 10:13 PM)PendolinoGuy Wrote:  Wow. Series 9 finale?! Thank god Harry didn't die, I was seriously thinking that for a while.. Now very worried about this enquiry?! But hey, thank the lord he didn't get shot!

Agree completely, PendolinoGuy. As he didn't die, I'm not worried about Harry not being there in season 10. Spooks without Harry isn't Spooks. The threat of an enquiry should hopefully lead to some great Fanfic Smile

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Angie - 08-11-2010 10:26 PM

So Harry saved Ruth and she is still upset with him. I can understand where she's coming from to a point, but he did it because he loves her - can't she accept that? He's not perfect, but then again, knowing Harry is a man to take few risks...
Spoiler: show
would he really have done this if Albany was real? Could he have risked everything for Ruth then? Not sure....but would have loved to see his explanation when they found out he was alive
Curious as to how the show is going to handle his career review.....will they rake up the skeletons in his closet in the whole series, making him stand aside, or will this have happened off-screen by the time the new series starts? Will we see other aspects of his character if he is under review? And willl Ruth give him a break?Wink

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Ben 531 - 08-11-2010 10:55 PM

^ some of those points raised are interesting, I reckong they'll pull the skeletons throughout the series behind the scenes of the other cast though and show S10 as the struggles of Harry as the end to spooks.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 08-11-2010 11:51 PM

I thought we got to see clearly in 9.8 the lengths Harry will go to, to protect those he cares most for, no matter what the consequences. Harry went into field agent mode, and new exactly what had to be done, and was always one step ahead of everyone else. Maya was nothing to Harry really, in his quest to get Ruth back alive.

He didn't seem to care about the consequences of what he had done, when he phoned Towers and told him he had given Albany to Lucas. I think Harry knew at that point, that people would start moving against him as soon as, so he just came clean and maybe secretly hoped Towers would back him.

I was actually surprised to see him back in his office after he'd saved Ruth. I thought he would have been shipped off instantly. He must have known that he could lose his job, possibly even face criminal charges. As Harry said to Ruth, "it was his turn."

I kind of guessed that Harry was up to something when he went and got Albany. I also felt, that push came to shove, he may well have sacrificed Beth and Dimitri for Ruth. Actually, did Harry get Albany? Wasn't the real one in his safe?? May need to go and check that out.

I also felt that Harry didn't seem too surprised when Lucas went for Ruth. He guessed it, before Lucas had even snatched her. This must have gone through his mind, when Ruth came back, that they could always use his love for someone else against him. Poor Harry.

I got the impression that Harry had a good relationship with his daughter still. It sounded like they were on speaking terms anyway. As for Graham, well, it doesn't sound like that will ever be fixed.