Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 (/thread-684.html)

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - BravoNine - 12-11-2010 11:10 AM

(12-11-2010 10:47 AM)Kazters Wrote:  i have been watching s1 this week! and he seems a little grumpyer then which i love but also as sharp as a tack.

LOL yes, Harry did seem very grumpy in the earlier seasons, there seem to be a frown-look upon his face many times, or it was his dry sarcasm leaking through! Big Grin

He's like Gibbs on NCIS, he just magically appears and knows everything!

Series 9 has made him more emotional in the sense that he's dealing with the two closest people he has. The love of his life and the young man who had been like a son and prodigy. And that's gotta cut through that steel barrier he puts up no matter how much he likes to hide it away.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 13-11-2010 09:42 AM

Is it me or did Harry have a couple of memory failures this season. On the rooftop with Lucas, Harry says to Lucas, "regnum defende whatever the cost." He must have just forgotten that he gambled with a state secret and lost, for a woman. Although Albany didn't work, it still hurt the nations security by losing it. Also when Harry tells Lucas in 9.2 that we don't lie to each other! Harry can sometimes be so self-righteous, I'm not sure I blame Lucas for giving him a smack on the head.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - BravoNine - 13-11-2010 09:53 AM

(13-11-2010 09:42 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Is it me or did Harry have a couple of memory failures this season. On the rooftop with Lucas, Harry says to Lucas, "regnum defende whatever the cost." He must have just forgotten that he gambled with a state secret and lost, for a woman. Although Albany didn't work, it still hurt the nations security by losing it. Also when Harry tells Lucas in 9.2 that we don't lie to each other! Harry can sometimes be so self-righteous, I'm not sure I blame Lucas for giving him a smack on the head.

LOL! Yes, it would seem that Harry does suffer quite a few memory loss this series.....maybe he just has selective memory??

I wonder if he ever gave Lucas that "proper talk" he promised....hmmmm he deserved Lucas smacking him on the head.....maybe it'll jog his memories and he can finally give Lucas those cookies Lucas deserves....Silba

It would seem that Harry did remember telling Lucas that "if you're lying to me, you won't get so much as a funeral" because clearly Lucas did not get a funeral.....Dodgy

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Silktie - 13-11-2010 11:05 AM

Yeah, the "Regnum defende, whatever the cost" was rich from Harry in that moment.

I'm giving him a pass on the lying thing, though. Harry only ever lied to his people for operational reasons or to protect state secrets - when he said that to Lucas in 9.2 he was talking about lying about personal issues that would endanger their work or compromise the officer in question. Both Beth and Lucas were lying about personal stuff that endangered an ongoing operation or led to outright treason.

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Silktie - 15-11-2010 03:47 PM

The discussion about costuming elsewhere got me thinking. Is there more to Harry's much longer hair in season 9 other than satisfying those who wished to see the curls at the back? Tongue In previous season when Harry had been so sure of himself and his duty, he had an almost military cut. But this season, when he was experiencing an existential crisis and questioning whether he still wanted to do the job, it was much longer. Coincidence?

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 15-11-2010 04:00 PM

(15-11-2010 03:47 PM)Silktie Wrote:  The discussion about costuming elsewhere got me thinking. Is there more to Harry's much longer hair in season 9 other than satisfying those who wished to see the curls at the back? Tongue In previous season when Harry had been so sure of himself and his duty, he had an almost military cut. But this season, when he was experiencing an existential crisis and questioning whether he still wanted to do the job, it was much longer. Coincidence?

Well PF had really long hair in those Collectormania photos which I think was back in December. Surely PF didn't know what Harry would be doing in S9 then? My guess would be, either he was trying to cover up the areas where there was a *coughs* little less hair this season (sorry PF) or it was being grown out for PF's South Riding.

I just loved the wild curls on the roof scene. His hair just went !! Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Puppetmaster - 15-11-2010 04:01 PM

Perhaps he just realises how much more attractive he looks with his slightly longer hair!!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - Tea Lady - 15-11-2010 04:06 PM

(15-11-2010 04:01 PM)Puppetmaster Wrote:  Perhaps he just realises how much more attractive he looks with his slightly longer hair!!

Haha. I might just send Ruth a voucher for an eye test at Specsavers then. Big Grin

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - HellsBells - 15-11-2010 04:26 PM

He definitely looks far better with the longer hair, more cuddly. Probably not what the Head of Counter-Terrorism wants though!

RE: [spoilers] Sir Harry Pearce 2.0 - A Cousin - 15-11-2010 04:40 PM

(15-11-2010 04:00 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(15-11-2010 03:47 PM)Silktie Wrote:  The discussion about costuming elsewhere got me thinking. Is there more to Harry's much longer hair in season 9 other than satisfying those who wished to see the curls at the back? Tongue In previous season when Harry had been so sure of himself and his duty, he had an almost military cut. But this season, when he was experiencing an existential crisis and questioning whether he still wanted to do the job, it was much longer. Coincidence?

Well PF had really long hair in those Collectormania photos which I think was back in December. Surely PF didn't know what Harry would be doing in S9 then? My guess would be, either he was trying to cover up the areas where there was a *coughs* little less hair this season (sorry PF) or it was being grown out for PF's South Riding.

I just loved the wild curls on the roof scene. His hair just went !! Big Grin

Maybe because I have worked in too many costume shops, but my own opinion is that there are no coincidences in costuming, make-up and hair.

Whether they were trying to project Harry's slightly less formal state of mind, augment the comb over for aesthetic purposes, or let his hair grow for his next role (which would have been negotiated contractually, BTW), I will probably never know. Any way, it is no coincidence!