Spooks Forum
Storylines for series 9 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Storylines for series 9 (/thread-750.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Storylines for series 9 - BoHenley - 26-04-2010 11:08 AM

Returning to the Harry idea, it's what none of us want and would be the "ultimate betrayal" and therefore could be what happens (but I hope not). Worse, it would mean Sarah was right, in which case, the writers hate us all.

I'm hoping it's a politican.

And I'm hoping Lucas's tight blue t-shirt makes a return. Silba

RE: Storylines for series 9 - Hunted - 26-04-2010 02:33 PM

(26-04-2010 11:08 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  I'm hoping it's a politican.

I've re-watched Series 8 over the last couple of weeks, and it's just a theory but I think this 'ultimate betrayal' could be political; and the direction series 9 is going, if Nightingale continues as the storyline.
Series 8 Spoiler: show
There was something odd about the 'forcing out' of the previous HS supposedly who was setup by Nightingale. Why? To me it is not quite adding up. If Nightingale wanted their own man in - the new HS. And look what happened to him in the last episode.

I could be well off the mark here, but it has happened in history before. Assassinate a senior member of cabinet, and a government has the pre-text to introduce all sorts of draconian law & order legislation against a preceived threat.
Legitimate if the government is acting in the best interests of the country and its people. Not legitimate if the government manufactured the crises in the first place. And who is pulling the strings to do this - a senior politican or former politican who is still influential but controlling things from the side-lines?

RE: Storylines for series 9 - pook - 27-04-2010 12:43 AM

I think it's political too.
Spoiler: show
The HS paid visits to Hans Lindemann and if I remember correctly, I don't think this was completely resolved in the last episode

No complaints from me either if Lucas' tight blue t-shirt had a starring role....

RE: Storylines for series 9 - HellsBells - 27-04-2010 01:06 PM

I don't think the Nightingale storyline will continue into series 9. I can't remember a plot line continuing into the next series in Spooks, usually it is a whole new conspiracy.

RE: Storylines for series 9 - i luv lucas - 27-04-2010 03:11 PM

And another vote for the blue t-shirt from here..

RE: Storylines for series 9 - lwhite53 - 27-04-2010 08:52 PM

If we don't get some kind of resolution about the Nightingale storyline, I'm gonna' be really pissed! You can't have a plotline go through a whole season and then just drop it without finishing it.

RE: Storylines for series 9 - picard1109 - 27-04-2010 09:29 PM

Totally agree - there are still far too many unanswered questions about Nightingale not to carry it on.

Also agree that the betrayal could well be political - there's still the outstanding issue of whether (RG's) Home Sec was set up or was part of the conspiracy, whether the new HS is part of it, etc. etc.

RE: Storylines for series 9 - BoHenley - 28-04-2010 10:02 AM

If Nightingale continues, I hope it's for the first episode only. There are unresolved issues, but get rid of it and start a new story.

And I hope Lucas' black singlet also makes a return...Angel

RE: Storylines for series 9 - JHyde - 28-04-2010 11:07 AM

I agree with that BoHenley - plus the show has never carried storylines over from one season to another beyond the first episode.

There's good news in that, as Nightingale wasn't altogether successful. I'm hoping they don't actually go the overarching theme of the season route again. It doesn't always work well although it does work brilliantly when executed well - think season 7. But there are other seasons we love that aren't in the same vein.