Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Storylines for series 9
11-03-2010, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2010 09:37 AM by Beatriz.)
zzBrick Storylines for series 9
What do you think it will happen in series 9?
What would you like to see in the new series?
Do you think we will have one storyline throughout the whole series, again?

You can show us your script skills and maybe if Kudos reads your storyline and thinks it's a good one, they will hire you Wink

So what ever thought that comes into your mind about series 9.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
Find all posts by this user
11-03-2010, 09:49 AM
RE: Storylines for series 9
So, this is purely my thoughts having seen those few photos also I hope there is a thread throughout the series but perhaps more so in the last few episodes. I dont want the running thread to take over the whole series which I felt it did in series 8.

I think Ros is alive. I think the HS is dead. I think it is too predictable to have Ros die like that. I think Harry does get shot but I dont think this is the series end cliff hanger as I dont think any photos would have been released if it was. I think this happens in episodes 1 or 2. I think this is the catalyst that brings Ruth back to Harry and stops the whole thing becoming too mushy and fluffy. I think Harry is shot because the HS is dead and someone sees it as an opportunity to have MI5 and the Home Office run by one group with its own aims.

Why is Harry and the others at the Hotel though? I think this is a section D away day where they are doing team building exercises....

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
12-03-2010, 05:23 PM
What if the HS did survive because Ros threw herself over him in a bid to save his life and she was only a little bit injured? They struggle to keep their relationship professional inspite of their mutual attraction until the general election when he loses his job and they can then let rip and get physical ~ at the hotel of course. They are canoodling there for so long that when Harry demands Ros returns to work she tells him she can't because she doesn't have a clean change of undies so he agrees to pick up her laundry on his way home from work so he can take it to be popped in the wash by his wife and guess who THAT is?? As Harry leaves the hotel Ros remembers her gun had been tucked in her bra which is now in the laundry bag so she dashes outside to grab it and accidently knocks him over. As she picks him up off the ground she gives a typical Ros one-liner "Sorry Harry but a pistol in her Hotpoint is not what Ruth dreams of." Harry blushes (ahh!!).

Seriously though, there are so many issues going on in the world the script writers are spoilt for choice. I too prefer a thread running through the series as it's a great way of keeping us all guessing but whatever, I'm sure it'll be as brilliant as ever.
12-03-2010, 06:17 PM
I think both Ros and the HS make it out (suspension of disbelief would be the order of the day though) because I have a feeling that the writers are not quite finished with those two (much as I would have loved to have Robert Glenister back Wink. And that blonde one does look like her double.
And let's not ignore that, while their plans may have take a bit of a hit, Nightingale are still out there. Not that I expect that to be the thread (should there be one) but I think it needs wrapping up at the start of the series...(and ZombieNancy would make for a great Halloween special Tongue)
No idea though what might be in that bag.. wouldn't be money .. maybe a sneaky H/R weekend? Or some secret anti-Nightingale summit... we need a wee bit more intel.
I quite like Tea Lady's idea of a team-building exercise - that'd explain why newbie is there too... and maybe part of it is a training course in body-guarding Big Grin

[Image: s9-sig.jpg]
12-03-2010, 09:06 PM
(12-03-2010 05:23 PM)molecatcher Wrote:  What if the HS did survive because Ros threw herself over him in a bid to save his life and she was only a little bit injured?
Lol I'm currently writing a fanfic where this happens Tongue

Personally I think that did happen, and that was was possibly quite badly injured (although being Ros she'd get over it and be back on the Grid - against doctors' orders - pretty quick). Perhaps the hotel place (or whatever it is) is like a place for rest and recuperation, and Harry goes to visit her (and obviously so does the baby HS Smile) and at some point Ros ends up saving Harry's life (thus proving that she's okay to return to the Grid! Tongue)

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2010, 10:35 PM
(12-03-2010 06:17 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  I quite like Tea Lady's idea of a team-building exercise - that'd explain why newbie is there too... and maybe part of it is a training course in body-guarding Big Grin

So do you think Section D have their own Harry stunt double TB, for such training courses? Everyone has to practice knocking Harry to the floor. I wonder how Ruth would manage that....

I really think that bag just looks like an overnight bag. What would Harry be doing with a load of cash outside a hotel?? Why are Lucas, Ros, and Max there? When have we had all the spooks together like that? Only in meetings or Havensworth.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasnt a little more of Nightingale in at least 9.1. It could be that this is where the HS is recouperating....but then again why would Harry have an overnight bag? Perhaps Harry is also recouperating having also been injured in the explosion. When he leaves he gets shot. Poor Harry. He does have some bad luck.

12-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Perhaps Harry is taking some stuff to him, and in order for it to be inconspicuous he makes it look like just an ordinary carry-all?

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-03-2010, 12:55 PM
(11-03-2010 09:49 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I think Ros is alive. I think the HS is dead.

Why do you want our gorgeous HS dead. Tea? Sad hahaha I don't want him with Ros though, perhaps a bit of flirting but I can't see them together...

(12-03-2010 10:35 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(12-03-2010 06:17 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  I quite like Tea Lady's idea of a team-building exercise - that'd explain why newbie is there too... and maybe part of it is a training course in body-guarding Big Grin

So do you think Section D have their own Harry stunt double TB, for such training courses? Everyone has to practice knocking Harry to the floor. I wonder how Ruth would manage that....

hahaha that was hilarious, I can imagine Harry saying he doesn't need a stunt double with Ruth Angel

(12-03-2010 10:35 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I really think that bag just looks like an overnight bag. What would Harry be doing with a load of cash outside a hotel?? Why are Lucas, Ros, and Max there? When have we had all the spooks together like that? Only in meetings or Havensworth.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasnt a little more of Nightingale in at least 9.1. It could be that this is where the HS is recouperating....but then again why would Harry have an overnight bag? Perhaps Harry is also recouperating having also been injured in the explosion. When he leaves he gets shot. Poor Harry. He does have some bad luck.

I don't think that bag is full of money but the overnight bag... perhaps they are doing a paintball fight during a weekend...

They should explain some lose ends regarding Nightingale, but kudos is not a fan of doing that...

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
13-03-2010, 01:36 PM
You have a point there Beatriz about Nightingale and Kudos. I think there may be a little in 9.1 to explain things and tie loose ends up but it is more likely they will start a new story, in this episode at some point.

I really don't want the HS dead as he is kind of cute but I think I would like there to be a break from having a HS in this series and go back to Harry reporting to the JIC or a "Juliet" type person. Someone to come into his office and start shouting at him.

I guess we are all thinking of this Foxhills place as a hotel because it is a hotel. What if it is being made to be the Tring facility or the HS's residence?

13-03-2010, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2010 04:17 PM by TygerBright.)
(12-03-2010 10:35 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  So do you think Section D have their own Harry stunt double TB, for such training courses? Everyone has to practice knocking Harry to the floor. I wonder how Ruth would manage that....

..would that be so implausible? I've read that in some Japanese companies, they have a room in the basement with mannequins that look like the managers.. and employees can work on them with a baseball bat.. to vent any pent-up emotions and work on any issues they might have with their bosses.. strange though that it'd be Ros and not Lucas who tackles harry Big Grin

As for Ruth and Harry and floor...she won't need exercise on company time.. that explains why she's not there.. maybe she marks the efforts of the others Tongue Tongue

...and I like the Tring thing.. maybe they break out Max because he's brilliant but slightly nuts...bit like Howling Mad in The A-Team Big Grin

[Image: s9-sig.jpg]