Spooks Forum
Doctor Who - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Doctor Who (/thread-92.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Doctor Who - JHyde - 12-11-2009 12:55 AM

I've only seen the new logo, which I like.

I've said elsewhere on the forum that I really wish Lindsay Duncan was hanging around - I think having an older companion for a young looking doctor would be great.

Having said that, I love and trust Steven Moffat as a writer, and I really hope he pulls this off. He's as much a "child" of the show as RTD, and he became a writer because of Doctor Who.

It's a little bit like Sarah Caulfield, where because I like the people involved, I want it to be good.

RE: Doctor Who - bertowud - 12-11-2009 02:11 PM

I definitely want it to be good.

I think your suggestion of a physically older companion with a physically younger Doctor would be interesting.

RE: Doctor Who - almh - 12-11-2009 04:55 PM

Well we'll see a glimpse of that in Water on Mars, as Lindsay Duncan is the older as David Tennant, definitely an older companion to what the Doctor has been used to in recent episodes (She's apparently 50! I thought she was about ten years younger...)

RE: Doctor Who - bertowud - 13-11-2009 12:02 PM

It sounds like Michael Moorcock will be writing a Doctor Who novel. Sounds like good news to me.

From Michael Moorcock's forum:
"Looks like it's official. I'll be doing a new Dr Who novel (not a tie-in) for appearance, I understand, by next Christmas. Still have to have talks etc. with producers and publishers but we should be signing shortly. Should be fun."

RE: Doctor Who - bertowud - 13-12-2009 10:47 PM

I love the Doctor Who: The Next Doctor Christmas Special from last year. It's on BBCAmerica right now.

RE: Doctor Who - JHyde - 13-12-2009 11:43 PM

Had you seen it before?
Spoiler: show
I do love that shot of Tennant on the balloon while Morrissey cheers the crowd to do so is so great.

RE: Doctor Who - bertowud - 14-12-2009 12:02 AM

Yeah. I've seen it twice before. Tennant and Morrisey are both great actors and fun to watch.

RE: Doctor Who - JHyde - 14-12-2009 12:09 AM

I love David Morrissey. He has such a great brashness and brutality as an actor that is very human.

RE: Doctor Who - bertowud - 14-12-2009 12:35 AM

Yeah, too bad he's not the Next Doctor.

RE: Doctor Who - Nitrus - 14-12-2009 01:06 AM

(14-12-2009 12:35 AM)bertowud Wrote:  Yeah, too bad he's not the Next Doctor.

Instead we've got some kid who looks like he belongs on hollyoaks.