Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Doctor Who
13-08-2009, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2009 08:17 PM by Tranquility.)
zzThumbs Up Doctor Who
A chance to discuss everything Doctor Who, new series and old Smile

I'll start on the topic of David Tennant leaving!!!! I'm absolutely gutted, he IS the one and only Doctor for me. A bit like Tom Baker for the 'older' generation Tongue

So, my favourite characters are:
-The Doctor (DT)
-Rose Tyler
-Donna Noble
-Wilf Smile

I've never liked Martha. She complains to much about the Doctor's Rose references Smile

My favourite episodes from the new series are:
-Tooth and Claw (S2)
-The Idiot's lantern (S2)
-The Unicorn and the wasp (S4)
-Stolen Earth (S4)
-New Earth (S2)
-Journey's End (S4)

Big Grin

[Image: series5_ep10.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2009, 03:11 AM
RE: Doctor Who
My 5 year old loves Marfa Jones as she called her. She's watched Doctor Who with me since she was about 18 months old.

I love the David Tennant Doctor, but was very disappointed that Chris Eccleston didn't stick around longer. There was something to that version of the character that we never did get to see. I'm also disappointed Rose didn't stick around longer. I'd almost have loved to see the David Tennant Doctor hanging around with Mickey more.

My wife doesn't watch Doctor Who much, but The Unicorn and the Wasp is the one episode I think she's watched the whole way through. She likes Torchwood though and has watched almost an entire season of it. I think we're both disappointed Martha Jones isn't going to be with Torchwood. She and Captain Jack make an interesting team. She was also good with UNIT.

I'm not so sure of where the Matt Smith version will be going. I'm going to give it a chance, even though David Tennant is the Doctor for me now. I've been a fan off and on since the late Tom Baker years.

I wish they'd taken the risk of putting this younger version of the Doctor up against a companion who physically appeared to be older than the Doctor. It could have been interesting. Michelle Ryan worked well and would have been interesting.

Enough rambling for one night.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2009, 03:38 PM
yeah I agree Michelle ryan would have been good.

from a really big Doctor Who fan
14-08-2009, 03:43 PM
I thought Michelle Ryan was terrible... the writers just ripped off Lara Croft... and used someone who is half as attractive as Angelina.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
14-08-2009, 04:01 PM
(14-08-2009 03:43 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  I thought Michelle Ryan was terrible... the writers just ripped off Lara Croft... and used someone who is half as attractive as Angelina.

Really? I see what you're saying, but I thought she held her own playing against Tennant. It's also so much better to see her in something instead of the awful Bionic Woman series she was starring in. I would love to see someone with some chops helping prop up Matt Smith.

It's too bad the Paterson Joseph rumors turned out to not be true. He would have been a great Doctor.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
23-08-2009, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2010 07:48 PM by almh.)
Yay! People who like Doctor Who and Spooks, I love this forum! Anyway, David Tennant leaving. I'm sort of sad that he is, but had since managed to cope with the pain Wink and am looking forward to seeing what Matt Smith's Doctor is like. Although I am not looking forward to a certain person being on the show...
Spoiler: show
Alex Kingston who played Professor River Song. Honestly, I think that Steven Moffat is a brilliant writer, but I have so far hated half his episodes. Series 1 - good. Series 2 - Bad. Series 3 - Good. Series 4 - Bad. I dread to think how the next series will go.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
23-08-2009, 08:58 PM
(23-08-2009 08:52 PM)almh Wrote:  Yay! People who like Doctor Who and Spooks, I love this forum! Anyway, David Tennant leaving. I'm sort of sad that he is, but had since managed to cope with the pain Wink and am looking forward to seeing what Matt Smith's Doctor is like. Although I am not looking forward to a certain person being on the show...
Spoiler: show
Alex Kingston who played Professor River Song. Honestly, I think that Steven Moffat is a brilliant writer, but I have so far hated half his episodes. Series 1 - good. Series 2 - Bad. Series 3 - Good. Series 4 - Bad. I dread to think how the next series will go.

I'm dreading that 'certain person' coming back too Sad I really didn't like those episodes Confused

23-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Yay, another person who hates a 'certain person'. I hope they don't become a full time or regular companion - that really would be awful. We'd have to kidnap them (or Steven Moffat,) and use some Spooks props (such as the fake guns or maybe a detonator) to make them see sense Smile lol

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
23-08-2009, 09:09 PM
haha I like your thinking there, we'd be super ninjas Big Grin I'm going to say we kidnap both, that way RTD may come back and bring David Tennant and Billie Piper along too *nodnod* Smile

23-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Yay! Super ninjas. I like your plan... Although should we have posted it on the internet? You never know, perhaps Malcolm is secretly a mole for Steven Moffat and is passing on how we're going to kidnap him... No, maybe not. And we may have to kidnap RTD, BP and/or DT if any of them appear unwilling. The fake guns, etc, may be useful then as well...

What are we going to do about Matt Smith? And Karren Gillan? (I feel really bad for only remembering her character's name there, but 'Pond' is easy to remember. What is Steven Moffat's obsession with water things as well! River and Pond... I have way too much time on my hands.)