Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 9 Episode 1 discussion
22-09-2010, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2010 07:23 PM by Kirayuki.)
RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion
I can actually believe she could do it. There have been cases of smart kids breaking into the pentagon security etc... before. It's possible.

I don't think he ever planned on doing it. He was seriously hoping she'd budge with her mum at gun-point. To be perfectly honest i didn't see anything else they could have done. The kid probably thought her mother would go to paradise. Not really too much of a threat for a wannabe martyr.

(I was really taken by the submersibles in the Thames and the bomb going off though. It just looked good. Smile)

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2010, 07:56 PM
The schoolgirl hacker was very convincing. As was Lucas - he looked as if he really would have pulled that trigger. As I said elsethread, he is being a grumpy old git at the moment.

Still wouldn't slap him, though!

"I love being mysterious"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2010, 08:06 PM
(22-09-2010 07:16 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  would he have pulled the trigger?

I really thougt he would. Now, I realise he couldn't have. Because of the girl's parents.
Thanks for the answer, TygerBright!Smile

[Image: sf_sai10.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
22-09-2010, 08:45 PM
(22-09-2010 07:56 PM)praxis Wrote:  The schoolgirl hacker was very convincing.

What I thought was best about it was that the person who turned out to be the hacker was neither male nor Middle Eastern, as everyone on the grid had assumed -- they played it against the stereotype, which was a twist. Also, they brought in the idea of home-grown terrorists which really is a formidable issue in Western countries these days.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
22-09-2010, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2010 08:48 PM by TygerBright.)
the father being an IT consultant was a neat false trail .. for half a minute.

[Image: s9-sig.jpg]
23-09-2010, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2010 12:56 AM by redCHOCHO.)
I'm pretty sure that's right. We also hear about him in the book too. I'm pretty certain he hates Harry's guts...

What book are you talking about? A Spooks book?
(22-09-2010 06:30 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  
(22-09-2010 06:26 PM)redCHOCHO Wrote:  I watched it over and over again to see if it was Ros made up to look like an old lady and attending her own funeral???? I couldn't tell. This show makes me read into everything or maybe I am just crazy??!! Wouldn't that be spookish if she was actually alive and will be back for season 10?????

paranoid much?!? ROFL
not that I would ever put anything past the writers but I think sadly she's gone ...

Smile Hope springs eternal for Ros to come back.
[quote='pook' pid='31462' dateline='1285137984']
OMG just watched it! It was dark, edgy, intriguing, fabulously constructed and written with loops back to the past and cliffhangers whatever's upcoming. I felt like I was watching it on a rollercoaster! I miss Ros and was surprised at Malcolm's absence from her funeral. Her death has massively affected the whole team, Harry is depressed and lost, Lucas is moody and distrusting, Ruth seems harder and more cynical ... and I'm not keen on Tariq's clean shaven look (mostly because it took me a while to work out why he looked different)

I am not keen on Tariq's new look either.
23-09-2010, 04:01 AM
(23-09-2010 12:01 AM)redCHOCHO Wrote:  What book are you talking about? A Spooks book?

There are a few. Harry's Diary, Adam Carter Revealed and The Personnel Files. Go into the Shops link at the top of the page (Choose the UK shop. The US shop doesn't have them) and you will find them. SF gets a part of the proceeds for each purchase, which is nice!

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
23-09-2010, 07:41 AM
I loved Lucas getting out his gun and threatening the mother - harked back to 8.1, amongst other things.

OK, I didn't LOVE it, but you know what I mean.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
23-09-2010, 01:31 PM
(23-09-2010 04:01 AM)A Cousin Wrote:  
(23-09-2010 12:01 AM)redCHOCHO Wrote:  What book are you talking about? A Spooks book?

There are a few. Harry's Diary, Adam Carter Revealed and The Personnel Files. Go into the Shops link at the top of the page (Choose the UK shop. The US shop doesn't have them) and you will find them. SF gets a part of the proceeds for each purchase, which is nice!

Thanks. I hadn't heard of them.
23-09-2010, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2010 02:13 PM by A Cousin.)
(23-09-2010 01:31 PM)redCHOCHO Wrote:  Thanks. I hadn't heard of them.

I hadn't either before I came here. Big Grin

I am going to make them my Solstice present to myself this year. That way the Hubby *might* not roll his eyes at me. Silly man!

And back on topic for a question - What do we think was in that bag? Lucas was looking at it like it contained a dead person. I loved Lucas in this episode. The Man of Mystery bit is now intriguing and not annoying.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet